Guys really...

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Stop crying because of the We Heal As One Nerf/Fix.

Just think about it.

Where was it used the most?

1. Bursting down people in WvW/PvP
2. PvE

What if I told you…

You can still get huge amounts of might/quickness by traiting for it with for example signets. WHAO was primaly used to stack might/quickness pre-fight and burst down people quickly. The thing is that you could always do that and you can still do it. You can get easily 20-25 stacks might and 10 seconds quickness but nobody did it. PvE content is so easy that you don’t need it to be effective (open world is a joke and in a dungeon group you get the stacks either way). It’s just barely used in PvP/WvW for 1 reason: 1 trick pony. You use all your defensive skills to get the damage and if they enemy doesn’t die or even reflect you have to either diesengage or you die. But the might stacking build via WHAO is exactly the same. You blow off everything for the damage. Yes, it’s funny to see people drop like flies but that’s it. You can’t even make use of WHAO while fighting properly because it’s so unrealiable in a serious fight where you could mess up a rotation by 1 click/spell because you need it in exactly that second. You use your heal for the damage while you’re at full hp… pop it too late and half your mightstacks only last 3 seconds.

My fellow rangers – we will stand, we will fight and we won’t falter.

We can still burst people down that easy and making use of WHAO to buff our damage is the same thing as popping SoS for 3 stacks of might. Put your tissues away and man the kitten up.

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: panda the chop chop.4712

panda the chop chop.4712

the issue is that the only ACTUAL viable builds that worked (in pvp at least) wasnt zerker, or settlers, it was cele…. no real build in pvp would of used quickness to that extend, and might… im sure you played with it yourself you got nothing more than 1.1k…

people complained and complained complained and complained, but we ranger were just testing….. no realy build would have used quickness to that extent and might just didn’t work well unless you traited into it and even then LB/GS just wouldnt work…

IGN: Itspanda

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: Doomslay.3504

Doomslay.3504

Im not even crying so much because of WHaO nerf, but because how fast they nerfed the skill, how much do the devs hate rangers, they had to actually hotfix it as if it were some sort of ridiculously game breaking bug lol

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Tbh I just don’t like how they responded about it. I was never considering actually using it a lot personally, sure its a fun build. But power ranger still works better in PvP for me.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Guys really...

in Ranger

Shirk.6421

Still not used to it?

Fixing things that give us an advantage = 1-2 days

Fixing things that give us a disadvantage = 3-7 days

Guys really...

in Ranger

Shirk.6421

hey atleast they didn’t screw up MDG they made it worth while but again because of HaO we gain might under 50% hp pet gains 3 stacks for 10seconds each 3seconds it will quickly max out pet while you are under 50% hp then use HaO and gain atleast 15 back for 10seconds.

You can only get back 3 stacks might for 10 seconds flat now.

Guys really...

in Ranger

Shirk.6421

But WH 5 buff… condi dmg on pets… I really appreciate that.

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Still not used to it?

Fixing things that give us a disadvantage = 3-7 months

Fixed it for you.

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

The skill was obviously behaving in a way unintended and broken. I know rangers want more, but this isn’t the way. If you just want OP stuff, you’re always going to be disappointed.

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Pet has been broken for 3 years, no fix, We Heal as One which allows us to maybe be above average is nerfed in a day.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

How’d this one not get added to blob of WHaO threads?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

The skill was obviously behaving in a way unintended and broken. I know rangers want more, but this isn’t the way. If you just want OP stuff, you’re always going to be disappointed.

Unless you main elementalist.

I don’t think anybody is arguing the reduction of quickness uptime. While not OP, I can see how it isn’t in line with their game design. But 3 stacks of might? Three? Any buffs to WHaO are now completely irrelevant, because 2/4 ranger heal skills are just plain better even with the boon copying.

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Still not used to it?

Fixing things that give us a disadvantage = 3-7 years

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Still not used to it?

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.

Hahaha.. funny.. sobs

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Im not even crying so much because of WHaO nerf, but because how fast they nerfed the skill, how much do the devs hate rangers, they had to actually hotfix it as if it were some sort of ridiculously game breaking bug lol

Well they buffed Longbow in several patches, and Longbow was a balanced weapon before the buffs. So they don’t hate rangers too much.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Wow… Anet, you’ve totally made WHaO not worth the time to slot it, let alone try to use it in combat (or pre-combat) now.

I got my fern hound’s regen up to over a minute, then I hit WHaO and I got “5 SECONDS” of regen from his 1+ minute of regen…. pfft!

And after more testing, I see that no matter what… the max I can get from him is 5 secs of regen.

WHaO, sorry, but you’re totally useless now regarding this “copy boons” adaptation. So basically, if a ranger wasn’t using it before Sept 29th, I don’t personally see a reason to slot it now. (Back into the useless box where I found you, WHaO.)

ANET, please pick up a WRENCH and FIX HEALING SPRING!!!

(I know how easily and quickly you can pick up a NERF HAMMER when it comes to positive things for the ranger, but try using that fixing wrench on us too.)

HEALING SPRING presently…

1) does NOT give CONDI CLEAR when dropped! (If you have full health, it won’t trip. This is a HUGE LOSS for many rangers)
2) drops BEHIND the ranger when the ranger lays it down while running (Honestly, wtf is this about? Does no one at anet play ranger in a competitive environment?)
3) needs to be able to be trigged somehow even when the ranger is full health

Moonlight [THRU]

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Still not used to it?

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.

….yep….we’ll probably see the right fixes after 3-7 Decades at this rate.

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Well they buffed Longbow in several patches, and Longbow was a balanced weapon before the buffs. So they don’t hate rangers too much.

The Longbow was a joke before the changes.

Damage was abysmal at close range. At long range you could just strafe to avoid the arrows entirely, and Rapid Fire was a drop in dps at max range.

Right now, it’s adequate.

It wont even be considered a “good” weapon until barrage can be channeled on the move or it gets a dps increase through less but more powerful waves IE cutting the amount of waves in half but doubling the damage and cripple per.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Damage was abysmal at close range. At long range you could just strafe to avoid the arrows entirely, and Rapid Fire was a drop in dps at max range.

Not to mention it took them something like 2 years to buff longbow and before doing so they nerfed the shortbow into the dirt to make longbow more appealing

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Not to mention it took them something like 2 years to buff longbow and before doing so they nerfed the shortbow into the dirt to make longbow more appealing

lol, best part of that update was the whole “Ya, okay guys, we cut the range by 25% for ‘reasons’ but we bumped the damage of skills 2-5 up to the amount of a single auto attack hit!”

Thank god I had just stopped caring by that point…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Guys really...

in Ranger

Posted by: Odyssey.6523

Odyssey.6523

Stop crying because of the We Heal As One Nerf/Fix.

Just think about it.

Where was it used the most?

1. Bursting down people in WvW/PvP
2. PvE

What if I told you…

You can still get huge amounts of might/quickness by traiting for it with for example signets. WHAO was primaly used to stack might/quickness pre-fight and burst down people quickly. The thing is that you could always do that and you can still do it. You can get easily 20-25 stacks might and 10 seconds quickness but nobody did it. PvE content is so easy that you don’t need it to be effective (open world is a joke and in a dungeon group you get the stacks either way). It’s just barely used in PvP/WvW for 1 reason: 1 trick pony. You use all your defensive skills to get the damage and if they enemy doesn’t die or even reflect you have to either diesengage or you die. But the might stacking build via WHAO is exactly the same. You blow off everything for the damage. Yes, it’s funny to see people drop like flies but that’s it. You can’t even make use of WHAO while fighting properly because it’s so unrealiable in a serious fight where you could mess up a rotation by 1 click/spell because you need it in exactly that second. You use your heal for the damage while you’re at full hp… pop it too late and half your mightstacks only last 3 seconds.

My fellow rangers – we will stand, we will fight and we won’t falter.

We can still burst people down that easy and making use of WHAO to buff our damage is the same thing as popping SoS for 3 stacks of might. Put your tissues away and man the kitten up.

What? Maximum you can only stack 9 stacks of might with signets? You can get maybe 12 if you throw a pet swap in, and 15 if you break your build to include a warhorn. But the uptime is hardly worth it. The advantage WHaO brought was the uptime of boons. You could recycle your heal every 16 seconds to maintain a relatively high uptime.