[HELP] Ranger Condition Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Jeremy.5173

Jeremy.5173

Hello!

I am Jeremy and got a level 80 ranger.
Im running dps/beserker gear build for over a year and got bored of it.

I went looking for other builds and found Condition build interesting

What I got now:
Full Sinister Emblazoned (All with Superior Rune of Grenth)
Giver’s Verdant Short bow of Malice (Superior Sigil of Malice)

Don’t know what trinkets to use,
No clue what to use for second weapon.

Traits:
6 – I/VII/XI
6 – II/X/XI
2 – V

Skills:
7 – Quickening Zephyr
8 – Spike trap
9 – Viper’s Nest
0 – Entangle

Could you guys help me out to make a decent condition ranger

Thank you very much!
Jeremy

in Ranger

Posted by: Belarorn.9062

Belarorn.9062

Weapons – Shortbow
Axe With Torch offhand or dagger offhand
If you want melee you can run a sword with dagger or torch offhand
An axe set and shortbow are interchangeable they have the same range but more of a single target vs multi target thing going on.

Looks decent trait wise i run almost the same thing as a Rampager build. I did notice you are using Predator’s Onslaught. I use it too and I run Sword/horn and Axe/dagger. swap torch for horn sometimes. I would go frost trap over spike trap for the extra chill if you need it, I dont think the cripple from spike lasts as long, Spike Trap is a one hit wonder, frost trap re-applies, I also use flame trap over Viper trap for #1 Reduced CD and #2 the fire field for my horn Blast. Also if you run a sword it is perma cripple from the Auto Attack which goes perfectly with Pred’s Onslaught.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

in Ranger

Posted by: Reclaimermaster.4107

Reclaimermaster.4107

(Main) Ranger: Natura Lupus 80 (1300 Hrs)
Hours Played: 3000

in Ranger

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

A slightly related question:
Why SB for condi build? It doesn’t add much in terms of condi stacking. It sure has utility, but we’re not wars with 5 sec weapon swap, I feel it’s not worth it. So can any experienced ranger explain the value of SB for sPvP please?

Atm I’m trying out axe+dagger/torch and it feels better than SB.

EU Aurora Glade

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

SB gives access to positional bleeding, poison, an evade, a cripple, and a stun.

Axe gives access to a shotgun bleed, and a chill. It also gives fairly negligible might stacking in 1v1 situations. If you don’t pair it with dagger you do not get an evade or access to poison.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Traits:
6 – I/VII/XI
6 – II/X/XI
2 – V

Skills:
7 – Quickening Zephyr
8 – Spike trap
9 – Viper’s Nest
0 – Entangle

Looking at the traits, I’d say most of the marksmanship line is unnecessary. Steady Focus and Predetor’s Onslaught are damage % multipliers used in power builds and won’t help a condition based build. I’m not much of a trap user myself so I can’t give any advice there, but I’ll share how I build mine.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRAsd7flsApaodDxcI8DNR8gY9nWbqKw1/CmD-TVCEABvp/wu9HI4BAko6PGcCAaS5HgKBB4gB8wRAgUA3t0C-w

It’s a survival utility based condition build. Cleansing through Survival of the Fittest and Empathetic Bond. Plenty of bleeds, poison and burning for the majority of the damage plus torment sigils for a bit extra damage and a perma-cover condition. Rabid gear for precision to proc sigils, but if you went with a different sigil dire would work just as well.

For the utilities, I feel Lightning Reflexes are a must in almost any ranger build. Beyond that, Muddy Terrain adds a low cooldown immobilize and cripple which is really handy to set up Split Blades or even chain with an Entangle (then drop a Bonfire on top of it). Sharpening Stone works really well with Split Blade to stack up 10 bleeds. The build has a lot of synergy going for it. Also, I take Keen Edge over Sharpened Edges in this build for the extra SotF proc, and SE works all around better with shortbow instead of melee.

There’s a lot of threads around that talk about survival rangers. The meta build is pretty flexible and you can choose how it works best for you as you learn more about it. You can even go Apothecary if you want to focus on a regen survival. I would not recommend any of this for PvE though, I’m assuming it’s for roaming WvW.