Half second finishers?

Half second finishers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Q:

Not even a frenzied warrior can drop a finisher that quick, what is it I don’t know that makes going down near a Ranger an instant death?

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Half second finishers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dart.6850

Dart.6850

Quickening Zephyr + Finisher = Fast Downed Kill
Pet Swap (traited) + Finisher = Fast Downed Kill

Half second finishers?

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

They’re even hacking. I’ve met a lot of players who completely ignored daze/knockback/interrupt/block without stability and anything.
Traits have cooldown, so not traits.
Meanwhile there are people in WWW who just jump over the fort walls and solokilling the lord inside…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Half second finishers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Stus.5327

Stus.5327

They’re even hacking. I’ve met a lot of players who completely ignored daze/knockback/interrupt/block without stability and anything.
Meanwhile there are people in WWW who just jump over the fort walls and solokilling the lord inside…

Except no.

I use Quickening Zephyr which grants quickness before I do a finisher, cutting the time in half. There’s also a trait that gives quickness on pet swap.

As for people ignoring daze/stun/knockdown with no stability there’s runes that can severely reduce the effect of any conditions, and sigils that can remove/transfer conditions. This is also not counting anything that grants aegis. There’s also lag that comes into play which can render entire attacks useless.

When it comes to people jumping walls and taking out keeps the only class that I know of that can do that is the mesmer class. Another would be a very good BM ranger with insane regen using the guard command pre-patch, but even then I doubt a pet could solo a keep.

Half second finishers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

So it’s a trait that applies to every finisher? Also would combining the two produce this insanely fast execution? I’m talking about the second they reach me I’ve got a flag sticking out of my head. Or is lag the more likely culprit?

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Half second finishers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Lag + Quickness (4s from QZ + 2s from pet swap). Quickness applies to every action.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Half second finishers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Um… no, rangers have sig of stone to invuln themselves, can stand behind their pet to avoid most interrupt effects, and i believe “Protect Me!” will mitigate a lot of CC, not to mention that the ranger may have been traited for Shared Anguish which would also make him immune to CC (pet takes the hit).

We have a lot of things to make us an absolute amazing stomper.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna