Hall of Monuments pets

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: JaggedOne.6934

JaggedOne.6934

I have gotten all the pets listed on the ‘K’ screen except Black Widow Spider, Black Moa, and White Raven. Looking these 3 up in the GW2 Wiki, I am told that they can only be obtained with xx points earned in the Hall of Monuments. What the heck is the HoM and how do I earn points there to purchase these pets (and maybe other cool stuff) ?

Thanks!!!

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: MaxTwelve.4725

MaxTwelve.4725

HOM is from GuildWars 1.

Member of Acolytes Gaming Community
Http://www.acolytescommunity.com – http://www.youtube.com/user/AcolytesCommunity

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

JaggedOne.6934

Um…so does this mean I’m just screwed and I can’t get these 3 pets? That doesn’t make any sense…why would my ‘K’ screen show them if they were GW1-only pets….

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Ickorus.4518

Ickorus.4518

EDIT: My mistake, they are actual pets, that’s not going to be good for the completionist in me; looks like I’ll be grinding more stuff in GW1.

Guild: Afterlife [AFTL] (Piken Square)

(edited by Ickorus.4518)

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

just like it shows everybody Mistfire Elite skill ….

Uhm ..and there are 4 pets that you should be missing …where’s my sweet Rainbow Jellyfish ?

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

You need to own Guild Wars 1, and its Eye of the North expansion to acquire the points necessary to get these exclusive Hall of Monuments pets. The Hall of Monuments is literally a giant room located far north of the northernmost Norn map (if you’re viewing the Guild Wars 2 map) that has a small pool in the center of it and 4 banners (one on each wall). The only way to get to this hall/room in Guild Wars 2, is a special teleportation orb which is automatically given to you if you own Guild Wars 1. In Guild Wars 1, you can just walk to this hall/room. There are many guides floating out on the internet that explain step-by-step what you need to do to earn these points. There are also youtube videos available as well.

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

JaggedOne.6934

ACK…the Rainbow Jellyfish comment made me realize that when I went after getting all the pets, I forgot to look at the separate display box for underwater, which means I missed it and the Shark. The Shark I can get via normal means, but the RB Jellyfish is another of the HoM pets. Thanks for the reminder

So what is the answer…am I screwed out of getting these HoM pets just because I didn’t play GW 1 ?

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

WatchTheShow.7203

just like it shows everybody Mistfire Elite skill ….

Uhm ..and there are 4 pets that you should be missing …where’s my sweet Rainbow Jellyfish ?

The blue jellyfish and the rainbow jellyfish share the exact same model and skin.

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

WatchTheShow.7203

ACK…the Rainbow Jellyfish comment made me realize that when I went after getting all the pets, I forgot to look at the separate display box for underwater, which means I missed it and the Shark. The Shark I can get via normal means, but the RB Jellyfish is another of the HoM pets. Thanks for the reminder

So what is the answer…am I screwed out of getting these HoM pets just because I didn’t play GW 1 ?

You can still get them, you just need to buy Guild Wars 1.

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: TheAltarBoy.3176

TheAltarBoy.3176

Aside from the completionist aspect of it, you aren’t missing out. The HoM pets are just reskins of other ones. I think the black moa is the same abilities as the white moa. Same for all the other pets.

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadow.2054

Shadow.2054

so those who paid for the game cannot get the other x4 pets for the ranger class, therefor can never receive the reward for ranger pet completion, is that correct??
I paid $90 for the game disk with hard bound book to go with the map, and I play Rangers, so unless I fork over another big chunk of change, I can never get my pet reward, ever.. !??
doesn’t that seem a bit unfair,, I would think that Guild Wars 1 is done, and has nothing to do with the newer better more updated game, and as such, the rewards should be allowed if you went to every place to get the pets..
we who paid for the game, should get some comfort in knowing we can still complete our goals in the game,, I personally have done just about every jumping puzzle and have every pet you can get, as well as, completed numerous other achievements, I would like to complete this one as well...
Jim ’Shadow’ Booth

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

so those who paid for the game cannot get the other x4 pets for the ranger class, therefor can never receive the reward for ranger pet completion, is that correct??
I paid $90 for the game disk with hard bound book to go with the map, and I play Rangers, so unless I fork over another big chunk of change, I can never get my pet reward, ever.. !??
doesn’t that seem a bit unfair,, I would think that Guild Wars 1 is done, and has nothing to do with the newer better more updated game, and as such, the rewards should be allowed if you went to every place to get the pets..
we who paid for the game, should get some comfort in knowing we can still complete our goals in the game,, I personally have done just about every jumping puzzle and have every pet you can get, as well as, completed numerous other achievements, I would like to complete this one as well…
Jim ‘Shadow’ Booth

There is no reward for collecting all the Ranger pets. I have not seen one at least and there is not one listed on the wiki. This is not pokemon, you have no requirement to “collect them all”.

You paid for GW2, not GW1, those pets are rewards from GW1 that you can get in GW2. I paid for GW1 so I can have them. You did not.

And GW2 is not better than GW1 or more updated in anything except graphics.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

The HoM rewards are rewards for those of us who have been paying customers of the franchise for much longer than GW2 has been in existence. They are all purely cosmetic rewards so you don’t need them in any way for GW2.

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

As said above, GW1 is still around, so filling up the HoM enough for 30 points is still an option. I never did much in GW1 at the time as my internet connection was dreadful, but i went back this spring because those missing pets had been teasing me since launch… It took me a month and a half, though i had a little headstart:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/comments/39wd5i/after_action_report_a_month_and_a_halfs_journey/

If you have zero GW1 experience, i’d say that at least 2 months to get to 30 HoM alone, less if you find a guild helping you out.

That may feel too much for you, but GW1 is still a very enjoyable game in a different style, and you’ll learn an awful lot about the lore.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…I never did much in GW1 at the time as my internet connection was dreadful…

Totally off topic, but anyway. One thing I loved about GW1 was I could play it off a 56k dial up connection in Australia and have no lag whatsoever, whereas now with GW2, I play off a 20mb/s broadband connection and lag all the time…

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

cafard.8953

…I never did much in GW1 at the time as my internet connection was dreadful…

Totally off topic, but anyway. One thing I loved about GW1 was I could play it off a 56k dial up connection in Australia and have no lag whatsoever, whereas now with GW2, I play off a 20mb/s broadband connection and lag all the time…

My issues with the dreadful irish 56k line of those days were that by that time, the rest of the world was on DSL, making pvp a weird experience. PvE-wise, the random disconnections were very punishing with hero parties, basically killing the instance.

It was so painful to restart some of the long Prophecies missions after crashes that i was still dreading it earlier this year when was filling up the HoM.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Disconnects… uugh, mine automatically disconnected every 6hrs at best. Then it took 5mins to reconnect. As well as that I was paying for a 56k connection, by the hour. Internet dark ages.

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: shalywen.9548

shalywen.9548

Um…so does this mean I’m just screwed and I can’t get these 3 pets? That doesn’t make any sense…why would my ‘K’ screen show them if they were GW1-only pets….

because that is simply a list of all pets you can have in GW2, and because you can use them in spvp even if you haven’t played GW1 or unlocked them in HoM

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

And GW2 is not better than GW1 or more updated in anything except graphics.

+100000000000000000

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

we who paid for the game, should get some comfort in knowing we can still complete our goals in the game,, I personally have done just about every jumping puzzle and have every pet you can get, as well as, completed numerous other achievements, I would like to complete this one as well…
Jim ‘Shadow’ Booth

This is just… Jeez, calm down. They are reskinned pets for players that played the first game. They don’t matter.

And because you’re all about what’s fair and whatnot: demanding that you get access to pet skins that were marketed as exclusive to GW1 players LONG before the release GW2 sure as hell isn’t fair.

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I have gw1 and hom pets. I can appreciate those locked pets showing up in pet tab as being annoying. No where else is it so obvious.

Perhaps they could have not had locked icons, but instead no icons for the hom pets until they were unlocked. I cannot imagine all the new people\rangers wondering where the hell to find them.

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

cafard.8953

I have gw1 and hom pets. I can appreciate those locked pets showing up in pet tab as being annoying. No where else is it so obvious.

Perhaps they could have not had locked icons, but instead no icons for the hom pets until they were unlocked. I cannot imagine all the new people\rangers wondering where the hell to find them.

Yeah, always thought it was a terrible design choice. Same as the Mistfire Wolf Elite.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Yeah, always thought it was a terrible design choice. Same as the Mistfire Wolf Elite.

Didn’t realize that showed up. Ouch.

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yeah, GW2 has some design issues for some OCD/completionist players.
Like the achievements that aren’t obtainable and some skins like the celebration hat, you’ll be forced to look at those empty icons knowing there is nothing you can do to fill them.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Kelkka.9086

Kelkka.9086

If you can’t get the Hall of Monument pets without buying and playing another game, they should not be in this game.

Hall of Monuments pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Moderator

Locking this up to avoid further necro-posting