Have you looked at the other class forums?

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

The less healing power and toughness you have, the more AF you generate. If you spam sources of Regen and use SotW you’re going to generate AF much faster than if you focus on healing skills that heal for more. That in itself is a massive design flaw no matter how you look at it.

You should have bolded that. Somehow I don’t think someone is getting it.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

we had our elite spec stalled to the end due to reworks, only had one beta weekend to test and we’re being pushed from pillar to post every patch. That is going to be infuriating to the ranger/druid community.

Ah, I remember when the responses to only getting one BWE was “Oh they must be really sure it’s in a good place and must only need a tweak or two…”

in Ranger

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

Problem:
Person1 begins to punch person 2 in the face and continues to punch. Person 2 doesn’t like the physical violence.

Response:
Does person 2 allow person 1 to punch him until he dies because he doesn’t like the physical violence or does person 2 maybe eventually defend himself?

Guess if that person defended themselves they’d be such a hypocrite! I mean the other way, he’d be dead but at least he wouldn’t be a hypocrite, mi’right!

Also yes, the lack of communication from the devs has been ridiculous, but even so its still not a reason to devolve the forums into a nonconstructive cesspool.

Your analogy fails quite severely on several levels, not least because you’re not ANet. No one was “punching” you in the face. Quite the contrary, you waded in of your own accord and started throwing punches at everyone you disagree with. You are the aggressor, that’s why you’re a hypocrite.

Your analogy also fails because Anet could easily solve the problem by explaining why they’ve made the choices to nerf the druid and ranger in the poor fashion they have, so consistantly. It doesn’t require them to attack back.

It also fails because your analogy is equating violence with disgruntled questioning. Hardly relatable, not least because the disgruntled questioning isn’t any kind of attack. It’s disappointment.

Finally your analogy fails because it implies the the “punching” is being done by the players, that they are the first attacker, the instigator. This is clearly false. The forum is comlpaining in reponse to the action of anet. Anet “punched” ranger players repeatedly by heavily and poorly nerfing the class. Making bad decision after bad decision, kneejerk change after knee-jerk change. In your analogy, the person being attacked is the class and/or the player, and it’s the player who has the choice to reciprocate or not. The players chose to argue and question, they chose to not get sit back and get “punched”. Then you attacked them for it.
In your analogy you would be a bystander who sees somone getting beat-up, then wades in and kicks them for trying to fight back.

Of course, when I use the phrase “attacked” I don’t mean thath the dev’s changes are malicious, I’m just trying to keep my language in line with the analogy, which is difficult because it’s so bad.

The dev’s change are bizarre and for all we know, poorly thought out. If there’s a good reason for these poor decisions, if they’re the only options available to anet at the present, we have no way of knowing becasue, as you rightly say, communication is poor.

(edited by wolfyrik.2017)

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Have you read the patched note?

Berserker got a huge revamp, making it Warior’s top dps spec.
Druid got a total of 4 HUGE nerfs since HoT.

Some forum people will cry about everything, that their class is so bad/ignored despite getting everything. Those people can hardly be taken seriously.

As for Druid, there’re PROOF that we’re being continually nerfed/ abused.

in Ranger

Posted by: lyriael.4375

lyriael.4375

I count myself to those (few or many) who generally read and don’t write here. Giving an opinion or sharing ones experience usually ends in insults that come in a wide variety of subtlety. The freedom of opinion is always rated so very important. I don’t disagree with that, but I would like people to be more responsible with their opinion. Call me a flower-hippy, a brainless optimist or what ever, but I prefer people to be happy and uninsulted. Happy people are nice people. I like being around nice people and I like playing with nice people.

I have not read much in other profession forums, because since HoT, I’m in love with my druid and very much obsessed with it (agreed, there have been lots of ups and downs recently). But I have the impression that the other profession formus are not quite as whiny as we are, and not as aggressive (frustrated?) as we are. Who knows, may be ArenaNet did screw up big time with the druid. But I don’t think so. Although the recent patches have been very, very tiring and I wished they could have handled it better, I trust that they are doing their best and eventually it’s gonna be ok.

Before HoT I was madly in love with my condi engi. That insane damage, even tough I hadn’t mastered the perfect rotation fully yet! My ranger in comparison, my very first character, running in ascended bezerker-glass-canon-meta-build, was just meh.
Then HoT came out. The scrapper really didn’t suit me. Listening to the people here, scrapper is probably way better than druid, but I just… I don’t like it. Doesn’t mean it’s bad though.
But I enjoy playing my druid, I feel useful and still capable of doing stuff myself. I’m also frustrated with many things that have been discussed here: Why do we need a target for auto-attack on staff? Couldn’t we have a teeny bit more offensive/cc available on staff? Losing all AF when downed is so so bad! I can spec to be BM and still, I’ll never be the master of my beast, because it does what it wants and not what I want. I’d love playing shortsword, but it has gotten me killed so often because of the leap. I was super excited when we were able to generate AF with SofW and super sad when it didn’t work anymore. And yes, I too have jumped from cliffs just to generate AF after that. I have recrafted my armor with runes or exchanged them altogether time and again because of the recent patches. And still, my druid gives me more joy than frustration. Were it different, I simply wouldn’t play her.

Naming all those issues/bugs that have been discussed over the last few weeks is important. But to me, keeping it respectful and sensible in this forum, towards each other and towards the developers of ArenaNet, is at least as important.

in Ranger

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

The less healing power and toughness you have, the more AF you generate. If you spam sources of Regen and use SotW you’re going to generate AF much faster than if you focus on healing skills that heal for more. That in itself is a massive design flaw no matter how you look at it.

You should have bolded that. Somehow I don’t think someone is getting it.

There’s quite a few people that don’t get this unfortunatly….

we had our elite spec stalled to the end due to reworks, only had one beta weekend to test and we’re being pushed from pillar to post every patch. That is going to be infuriating to the ranger/druid community.

Ah, I remember when the responses to only getting one BWE was “Oh they must be really sure it’s in a good place and must only need a tweak or two…”

Most people were hopeful of that but it was glaringly obvious what had happened and I was always of the opinion that they should have at least one more BWE.

Also in regards to other classes, some of them do have genuine complains about their class.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

in Ranger

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

snip

Every analogy ever written has someone immediately afterwords who says “this analogy fails.” Seriously have you ever seen an analogy written anywhere where someone didn’t follow it up with some dribble along the lines of “Well this analogy clearly fails because its not the EXACT same scenario.” No kidding its not the exact same scenario. That’s why its an analogy.

Here’s another analogy I’m sure you’ll claim “isn’t the exact same thing therefore it fails”
If a bunch of people consistently take a dump (constant nonstop nonconstructive whining posts) all over your neighborhood (the ranger forums) and you eventually get sick and tired of it and come out onto your porch and yell at the said trouser droppers (the mentioned posters) are you the aggressor or just maybe should people stop taking fat steamy dumps all over the neighborhood lawns?

in Ranger

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

Your analogies are absurd.

In this instance it would be more like your neighborhood has been changed, yet again, with little forethought.Your neighbors take to the streets to petition against the changes because they, as a community do not feel it was the right thing to do then you come out telling people to shut up because they’re disturbing you watching TV.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

in Ranger

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

To a degree these class forums definitely have this issue across the board (As in, all class forums). You have to keep it in mind while replying constructively.

in Ranger

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

I’m not sure what this thread is about. Can we get back to whining about Anet?

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

in Ranger

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

It would have helped immensely if they actually tested the changes (nerfs) instead of knee-jerk reacting to things that seem powerful on paper (or against a PvP dummy) but we’re probably slightly overtuned. At least that is how I perceived the “balancing” for ranger/druid.

in Ranger

Posted by: Makka.3620

Makka.3620

I’m not sure what this thread is about. Can we get back to whining about Anet?

Your wish my command i took a copy from another thread and it seems i posted it there by mistake instead of here

Hello lads , sorry i don’t get on forums that much , just when i am away @ work for a few days so i start reading it

i know we are being nerfed day in and day out but did u guys consider playing another class for raids ? play your ranger at your OWN time and make another for raids , i know its unfair but its the way to go , i have been playing ranger since november 2012 , only created a warrior to farm my Legendary short and longbow’s , use your heals for yourself in your own free time enjoying the HoT Meta like i did , we rock on that side of the game

i finished all HoT maps + got my gift of maguuma , soloed all the story line missions even the last one

To my surprise now i am seeing that we need different gears for different contents , i just saw a guy on another thread asking what gears he needs to buy beside his zerker gear to be a viable druid and the guys asked him what content he wants to play Fractals / WvW / Raids / or just pure PvE mapping , that is not fair imo , a PS warrior will stick to his gear on most contents just not WvW and even in WvW he can join in a zerg using that gear , but we gotta have gears for fractals which is condi i guess – i don’t do any fractals – , gears for healing for raids , gears for our own fun in HoT maps which is zerker if you ask me because its just amazing to deal damage while keep your heals up anytime u need or even be gracious and heal people close to champs
also another thing ,i have crafted Kudzu and the Dreamer , cause u know " ranger love " , now the only build i crafted the dreamer for was traps and that became toilets in sPvP then spirits and omg don’t get me started on that

People it’s time to make another toons for Raids and fractals and Ranger is for YOUR OWN TIME , i know u may have all your bag slots on your ranger like me or have a legendary that is only viable to thief now – shortbow – like me , but c’est la vie
sorry for my bad english and punctuations , cheers

(edited by Makka.3620)

in Ranger

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

snip

Every analogy ever written has someone immediately afterwords who says “this analogy fails.” Seriously have you ever seen an analogy written anywhere where someone didn’t follow it up with some dribble along the lines of “Well this analogy clearly fails because its not the EXACT same scenario.” No kidding its not the exact same scenario. That’s why its an analogy.

Here’s another analogy I’m sure you’ll claim “isn’t the exact same thing therefore it fails”
If a bunch of people consistently take a dump (constant nonstop nonconstructive whining posts) all over your neighborhood (the ranger forums) and you eventually get sick and tired of it and come out onto your porch and yell at the said trouser droppers (the mentioned posters) are you the aggressor or just maybe should people stop taking fat steamy dumps all over the neighborhood lawns?

ummm no. I’m not convinced you know how analogy’s work, either that or you’re tripping over yourself because you can’t deal with being wrong.

Your second anaology almost worked until you turned it into a question. It was an analogy for what you thought you were doing, and worked well, even if it’s taste is somewhat questionable.

Your first analogy didn’t work, not because it’s needs to be a precise carbon copy of events (which is a bizarre and totally false analysis of my objection to your failed analogy), but because you paired the wrong character roles and paired events which aren’t analogous.

People complaining because they feel wronged and aren’t receiving satisfactory responses, is not analogous to a random act of violence, in which one party is unable to fight. It simply isn’t.
A better analogy for the actual situation, using your suspiciously over-emotive language, would be; a crowd battering on a door of someone who insutled them, then some hero-wannabe coming along and punching people in the crowd, while the original instigators sit behind their locked door doing nothing about it, even though they could stop the rabble with only a few choice words.
That’s an analogy of the situation. Anet are the instigators, hiding behind a door in a wall of silence, doing nothing to quell the dissapointment of the crowd, the players, even though they could very easily. So the palyers are sat here, hammering on the door, making post after post, thread after thread, hoping to be heard. Trying to get some sort of response. Then along comes you, the hero-wannabe, doing nothing of value and even making matters worse by wading in blindly with your fists, making no effort at all to understand the crowd or calm them. Shouting at the crowd then criticising them for shouting.

My whole point in the previous post was that if you actually cared about your neighbourhood (your second analogy) you would try to stop the ahem muck-spreaders by explaining why what they’re doing is as bad for them as the neighbourhood. You haven’t done that. You’re just as bad as the people you admonish, if not worse because they at least are trying to make things better, even if they’re going about it the wrong way. You’re just sticking your oar in then pretending to be doing something about it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

Hey Sevendeadly, just saying that I’m on your side on this one.

And no I’m not a Anet white knight, which btw I find a very funny and intriguing concept, a white knight.
I also agree Ranger could be in a better spot. Or communications could be better. Or some changes could’ve made earlier then almost 3,5 years down the road. But still.

Ranger really is in a far better spot with druid then it was before HoT. And I’m really not struggling with AF. I’m playing mostly WvW, groupsfights, and sometimes big PvE contents.

With my allready acquired ascended gear, some little tweaks in my build, I can hold my own far better then pre-HoT.