Havent seen axe rangers in a while

in Ranger

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

I have not seen a single axe ranger in pvp in a long time…is it just another one of those lack luster weapons?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

It’s dead, Jim. Axe is a weapon that try to be a power weapon mixed with a condition weapon, but fail at both.

If only Anet kept the Honed Axe trait at 33% better crit instead of 10%

in Ranger

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

Axes don’t do as well in ranger hands, should be far more powerful than they are both in power base and conditions. Sadly both are lacklustre for ranger

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

in Ranger

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Back when conditions and condition resistance (Warriors) were at a rational level, axe was pretty good for the second attack that bleeded a lot of people. Now it isn’t.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: dragonrhapsody.6198

dragonrhapsody.6198

Its not as bad as most people put it to be, You must know how to utilize it.

Most men complacently accepts
“Knowledge” as “Truth”…
They are sheep ruled by fear…

in Ranger

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

I can’t stand the sword so if your using an offhand (OH axe is amazing with path of scars being the single highest damage skill a ranger has + CC and pull), then MH axe is your only option.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vaxx.3178

Vaxx.3178

I use dual Axes 90% of the time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I love axe both offhand and mainhand but ive been ranting and raving how they havent made the main hand axe stronger yet. I swore this most recent patch was going to correct this and now I feel like a fool

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I wish A-net would just turn axe into a power weapon while giving torment to sword #2

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

I wish A-net would just turn axe into a power weapon while giving torment to sword #2

axe mh has the weakest auto attack in the game. it would be so much better if the auto attack would be a singe target, non bouncing instead piercing, attk with x2.0 the dmg it has now. an attack chain of 3 different attacks with an additional effect for the 3th hit like 1 sec cripple or a random(?) boon for 2-3 sec.

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Ranger

Posted by: hunterkiller.5419

hunterkiller.5419

axe main hand would require some work. but in order to use that effectively one either needs to be a bunker ranger (if it still works) or have utility packed with survival skills. Not my cup of tea though even though my PvP ranger (healing+condition damage) uses it

in Ranger

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

I personally like the offhand axe, but the main hand just feels miserable most of the time. I occasionally use for when I want to tag as many enemies as possible (cause 1 can be spammed against multiple targets, while 2 will hit every target in its path and range). Pretty much just a pve tagging weapon for me at the moment or when I need another weapon for a second offhand (already use the sword).

in Ranger

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I used Axe for 9 months and 2 months ago I used to have 50 kills total with bows, but at some point I switched to pure sword with some longbow here and there. For me it isn’t worth it to go for axe anymore, yes it works great in a mixed build but that requires too much setup and provides little reward. It’s my favorite playstyle, but the game becomes more about dps with every release, every boss is a dps check with some pointless twist like Tequatl (I like the fight, but I refuse to call that complicated or hard).

EDIT: Sorry, did not see you meant only PvP. My bad.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Axe just takes away too much dps. The main reason I would consider it is if you are stuck on an offhand weapon but want to maintain range. Also the sword has a leap which is pretty cool for escaping, I consider it essential for mobility to have at least one leap on a short cooldown.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

In my experience the main hand axe has two gameplay reasons for taking it:

The chill and weakness from skill three is good.
It’s the only main hand option without the crappy auto attack design.

Every time I use it I feel sad because I know my DPS is pathetic. Cleaves or piercing arrows from other weapons just do much more damage. The main hand axe is a compromise, you don’t bring it because it’s good, you bring it because you want an off hand and you don’t want the sword or because you want the chill and weakness.

It needs a functionality which boosts its DPS when there is only one target, something like the ability to bounce off of an ally (like the pet) which gives the pet might or fury and then bounces back to the enemy (so it always hit’s twice). That would boost it’s DPS in single target situations and add more depth to the ranger-pet gameplay.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

hi, I play my ranger dual axe. Its for the lulz cause the damage is so under par…

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.