Hawk and Eagle F2 ability

in Ranger

Posted by: Brian.6435

Brian.6435

I would like to propose changing the Hawk and Eagle F2 ability to be it’s swiftness skill, and changing it’s 2 stack bleed to one of it’s normal attack’s.

I think it would be much more useful outside of combat, as well as being far less annoying to see my bird waste 3 seconds casting swiftness whilst in combat instead of attacking.

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

I’d love the change, but then Owl and Raven will still have the annoying swiftness in combat.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

The only reason to pick a bird pet is for the burst on demand. The F2 attack of the bird is the best way to activate traits like “wilting strike” and “beastly wardn”. Making the strange swiftness move an F2 will just make this pet usless. We have so many ways to get movment speed out of combat….

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

It’s called, “Quickening Screech.” Wouldn’t it be nice if it gave AOE Quickness? Just sayin’.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

the only way to go is to allow the player to choose the F2. some players would like to have the burst in F2, other like you and me would like to have the utility skill instead.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Quickening Screech would be nice if the bird didn’t sit there for five seconds flying around doing figure-8’s while you try and convince the *&^%$ing to attack when you need it to.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

well both hawk and eagle have same f2 so maybe they could make a new f2 with OOC aoe swiftness for one of them.

in Ranger

Brian.6435

It’s called, “Quickening Screech.” Wouldn’t it be nice if it gave AOE Quickness? Just sayin’.

Quickening Screech is Aoe, it effects 5 nearby allies.

I’d love the change, but then Owl and Raven will still have the annoying swiftness in combat.

Yeah I think Owl and Raven should have swiftness removed completely and replaced with something else. I think Hawk and Eagle having swiftness as their signature moves makes sense because they’re supposed to be fastest birds of prey in the world.

The only reason to pick a bird pet is for the burst on demand. The F2 attack of the bird is the best way to activate traits like “wilting strike” and “beastly wardn”. Making the strange swiftness move an F2 will just make this pet usless. We have so many ways to get movment speed out of combat….

The problem is using f2 every 4 and quarter second isn’t something practical. 9/10 minutes I’m too busy looking at the battle and watching my utility skills, weapon swap c/d, and weapon c/d’s to even remember to hit my f2 skill. It should just be an auto attack for that kind of recharge OR change the effect to be more severe and increase the recharge time. But I personally think there’s already too many pets that apply bleed with an f2 skill, putting swiftness there and moving it’s current to one of it’s auto attacks would make it at least a little different.

Quickening Screech would be nice if the bird didn’t sit there for five seconds flying around doing figure-8’s while you try and convince the *&^%$ing to attack when you need it to.

That’s one of the biggest issues I have as well.

(edited by Brian.6435)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Quickening Screech is Aoe, it effects 5 nearby allies.

You didn’t understand what I wrote. So, let me reword it for you.

“Wouldn’t it be nice if Swiftness was replaced with Quickness?”

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Brian.6435

Ah, sorry about that, I gotcha. Yeah that would be great!

in Ranger

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Give this guy/gal a cookie.

I get drilled as my bird performs the Ringling Bros.

JQ Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The whole point to hawk/eagle is being able to spam the F2 for rapid application of the trait effects.

It’s also pretty powerful to use the f2 right at the end of a basic attack to have the pet effectively double attack.

Swapping out a good utility f2 for one that is rather terrible makes little sense.

They should just get rid of the quickening screech and replace it with another skill altogether or at the very least change it’s animation or make it an instant cast, shout-like, skill.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…