Heal Power on WvW Semi-support Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

I understand there’s similar threads; but actually many more “i dont want to be support/heal Druid”. So finding this answer hasn’t been easy. I am coming opposite, from a more shout druid roamer/small group play; but want build a more supporty the zerg set w/o being only a full support druid. I do that as Guardian which I am very familiar with, a reason playing shout ranger is fun it’s different yet it’s not great in zerg fights.

Coming from a Guardian main; where HP scales with heal skills better; for Druid what’s a good general minimum/goal to get HP to for sufficient heals w/o nerfing your damage totally or being a full support/heals (no monk runes/or full clerics) 700? 800?Despite ppl saying HP isnt as important on Druid it still is necessary; but perhaps not as much as it is on Guardian.
Ty!

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

(edited by EriskRedLemur.7153)

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I wouldn’t go over 500-600 which happens to fall in the celestial gear set range.

If you dont want to go full celestial another trick you can do is glass stat for your dmg weapons and then healing power main on your staff since it’s not really a huge dmg dealer.

I run magi staff/berserker hammer on my rev and apothecary staff/rampager longbow on my druid just to give some perspective. 251 healing power isn’t 500 but it’s half way there. Also on druid staff you can run sigil of renewal/transference to improve it even more without wrecking your ability to deal dmg on your main offensive weapon.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

It might be worth saying, with full Clerics, Instinctive Reaction , and Passion Fruit Tapioca Pudding , you can still have a healthy amount of Power (2213 in Exotics, no runes). Full Zealots will net you 2.5k Power in exotics while even Apothecary is going to give you 313 Power just from the conversion. 23% Hpow into Power is a pretty good gig.

Fishsticks

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

So if I understand correctly, you’re looking for a zerg, support oriented (but not full support) shout build.

Here’s what I ran for a long time, a nice hybrid mid-line build. Don’t go in head first in front of your commander, stay a little behind him/her. Staff to heal and hit from ranged. Axe/WH if you want (and can) go more offensive, being a bit more close to the fight. CA for waterfields to blast and heal allies.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBHhZ6kSFoiFshFwWQgrFsUIYMvr21DAerWWXrPdhcXA4Enb5FA-TlSBQBlUJIGV+phDBAAeAA4RPA02f4BnAgKp+jg0EMhjAAZA0HDA-w

you can swap some gear for clerics, soldier or wanderers more to your liking, I found this a comfortable way of playing

(edited by Bast Bow.2958)

in Ranger

Posted by: Mazinger.1084

Mazinger.1084

Zealot’s is your friend. I’ve yet to find a more synergistic set for Druid. This is what I’m currently running for WvW:

http://bit.ly/2ddTIZP

With this build, you and your pet are zerg-worthy. You both hit hard and can survive a zerg push. Two-Handed Training / Remorseless combo (Fury -> Opening Strike -> 100% crit) is crucial for steady damage and condition clearing due to sigils.

I passed on Resounding Timbre since I don’t rely on shouts for condi clears and Glyph of Unity / Signet of Stone combo decimates enemy zerg push. You can also go Nature Magic for extra defense and power (less effective power, though).

I use Passion Fruit Tapioca here, but you can take Bowl of Seaweed Salad for more effective power and a little less healing. Played well, this build rocks.

in Ranger

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

Thanks all! Very interesting builds and ideas. Sadly, I do not have Zealot’s gear/craft. Exuberance runes is an interesting choice I sorta like it. I figured I had a high HP in my question, 500-600 seems ample with transference sigil/renewl I’d def make my staff heals. And of course, rice balls if I need more heal boost pending situation.

Maz and Bast Bow – very close to my thoughts; rune choice interesting as said; no Crusaders and prob would go different as u said anyways. I do like GS and that build; I actually was thinking over more shout druid go sigs/glyphs. Despite my having a shout/trooper set. Great tips all! Thanks! :p

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO