Healer druid stuff

Healer druid stuff

in Ranger

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

Hello, I was going to make a range in the future for healing and condi damage. I looked at the builds and weapons I needed for both, I found that you needed sb and axe/torch for the condi build and for the healer build you needed sword/axe and a staff, but I heard some people saying warhorn is also good for this build, is it okay to just get an exotic warhorn? Or is wh an integral part of the healer druid build?

Healer druid stuff

in Ranger

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

Warhorn isn’t particularly important for a healing druid (It certainly doesn’t need to be ascended). It’s main function is providing long duration regen through the skill Call of the Wild together with Windborne notes.

Healer druid stuff

in Ranger

felincyriac.5981

Warhorn isn’t particularly important for a healing druid (It certainly doesn’t need to be ascended). It’s main function is providing long duration regen through the skill Call of the Wild together with Windborne notes.

thnx for the explanation, I basically had 2 weapon boxes which I used to get sb and torch, so I guess I’ll use an exotic wh so that I can avoid having to get huntsman to 500 (for now anyway…), on a separate note do you think I can get away with using a viper’s axe in a healer druid build?

Healer druid stuff

in Ranger

Posted by: voltaicbore.8012

voltaicbore.8012

My healer runs a warhorn, but I hear many still run staff/staff builds.

And no, I’d say a viper axe in a healer build is just a waste. Not sure it’s going to do anywhere near enough dps to justify using in either main or offhand. Maybe someone can make the case for offhand axe in terms of utility (breakbar/reposition on #4 and reflect on #5), but I can’t think of any reason why I’d ever bring an axe on my healer.

Healer druid stuff

in Ranger

felincyriac.5981

My healer runs a warhorn, but I hear many still run staff/staff builds.

And no, I’d say a viper axe in a healer build is just a waste. Not sure it’s going to do anywhere near enough dps to justify using in either main or offhand. Maybe someone can make the case for offhand axe in terms of utility (breakbar/reposition on #4 and reflect on #5), but I can’t think of any reason why I’d ever bring an axe on my healer.

interesting, well I was just following a build I saw on qt, I thought the standard was something like staff and sword/axe, but I’ll be playing condi ranger first anyway.

Healer druid stuff

in Ranger

felincyriac.5981

should I be getting ascended magi trinkets or exotic magi’s (with platinum doubloons)?

Healer druid stuff

in Ranger

voltaicbore.8012

If you can, I say go for the ascended Magi trinkets. I say this only because our unique buffs may not be affected by boon duration (grace of the land and the empowerment glyph). I could be wrong about that though.

It’s not like the exotic + plat doubloons would be a terrible choice though. More boon uptime can only be better for the group.

Healer druid stuff

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

GoTL isn’t considered a boon so boon duration doesn’t help there. The exotics with plat doubloons is mostly for the regen to make an attempt for the druid’s regen to outlast, and thus be the one ticking versus the Chronomancer’s. Basically it’s a way to overwrite the one being constantly tossed by the Chrono so that the druid gets the CA heal for their f5.

Healer druid stuff

in Ranger

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

About:

staff/staff is a waste of a staff. It have 0 benefit contra only using 1 staff. If you think its to trigger “Quick Draw”, then you are better off doing this by using Avatar.

Viper Axe used in a heal build. You will be better off with an exo magi axe (get it from AC). The axe is not for dmg, but for the utility. And the main consern is therefore to keep your healing power high when you need to swap away from your staff.

Plat doubloons are also kinda a waste, since you will get more healing from water sigil. If you want your regen to outlast the chronos. Then ither use warhorn (traited) or use Healing spring (traited).

Healer druid stuff

in Ranger

voltaicbore.8012

About:

staff/staff is a waste of a staff. It have 0 benefit contra only using 1 staff. If you think its to trigger “Quick Draw”, then you are better off doing this by using Avatar.

Viper Axe used in a heal build. You will be better off with an exo magi axe (get it from AC). The axe is not for dmg, but for the utility. And the main consern is therefore to keep your healing power high when you need to swap away from your staff.

Plat doubloons are also kinda a waste, since you will get more healing from water sigil. If you want your regen to outlast the chronos. Then ither use warhorn (traited) or use Healing spring (traited).

Ah so axe is used for utility on healing builds, just not viper stats. A reflect and a reposition always have their uses, I guess.

Back in the day I tried a traited healing spring, but found it easier to run a traited warhorn instead on regen uptime. I found myself trying to drop the spring (which covers an absolutely enormous area when triggered) away from the other more offensive fields the group was dropping, and found it harder to spread around regen for as long as I could just blasting warhorn #5 on a shorter traited cooldown.

Healer druid stuff

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I prefer to run traited warhorn myself. Groups tend to not stay together and I get frustrated trying to place healing spring, warhorn is way easier. Not as effective, the regen from the spring is amazing, but if your group won’t sit still what’s the point?

When I am on the healer druid it’s always sw/wh and staff for me…double staff is redundant and can’t really melee heal, where as if you have a water sigil on and you are in melee at least you are still healing to get CA back.

Healer druid stuff

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Only draw towards double-staff is to have the second one with either Benevolence when there’s adds to kill or Renewal.

Renewal is preferable, since you camp the main staff with Transference & Water, weapon swap to Transference & Renewal, and immediately go into CAF to QD whatever skill is needed (usually RT).

Once out of CAF, weapon swap back to the main staff and the CAF cooldown and weapon swap should sync up (unless CAF was flashed in for 1 move). Usually, this is done to squeeze the most healing out of a Druid.

Though, this setup is a preference or for when one has less-than-optimal runs/groups. Or really likes to see green numbers. Either way, to each their own. It can seem like a waste, but there are worse options out there.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.