Healing Druid raid build help for raids

in Ranger

Posted by: The Shadow.1764

The Shadow.1764

How should I gear my healing Druid for raids? I currently think I have a correct build but I’m lost on how I should gear him. I’ve heard full clerics or zealots with zero trinkets. Also what sigils should I use? Someone please help

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Um it depends. I think zelots might be optimal because you can always place in cleric trinkets if you need the extra toughness. Monk runes ofc.

As far as sigils go, since you will be camping staff, probably take the 10% extra outgoing healing and sigil of water.

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

You’ll generally want to avoid stacking toughness (Cleric’s) as it will impact your groups tank (Unless you want to tank). Use magi’s instead if you want to be a dedicated healer. Magi’s armor and weapons are easy to get, but the trinkets can be difficult which means you’ll have to take clerics in these slots for maximum healing power setups.

Zealots vs. Magi/Clerics is basically down to preference as their healing and damage output is identical.

Water and Transference are good sigils.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Dedicated Healer.

When in an organized/competent group.

For when you have too much money AND have to raid with PUGs a lot.

Utilities are flexible, like using Glyph of Tides during VG or Spirit of Nature if/when your peeps down. Always adjust to tastes. Same goes for the second pet of choice.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

I personally run something similar to the “too much money” build that Wondrouswall linked.

• Pets: Bristleback (aka Nidorino) and Electric Wyvern for CC
  • Second Weapon set: Sword/Axe or Sword/Warhorn
  • Heal Skill: Trap or Water Spirit (traited).
  • Utilities: Glyph of Empowerment/Tides and Frosty. I’ll switch out Tides for Sun Spirit when clearing trash.
  • Elite: Unity or Shout Elite for the Orb events.

If needed I’ll throw in Cleric’s/Magi trinkets if the group I’m in is struggling.

in Ranger

Posted by: The Shadow.1764

The Shadow.1764

Thanks currently I’m running full Magi’s but I’m only running exotics would it be a good idea to maybe run some zerk trinkets since I have those ascended?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Go for it.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nicknobreak.7543

Nicknobreak.7543

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATWn0rCVsi1sCuqAEtgl9ADOueX3rOFviwUY52FAGdl8hwA-TBDFABHcEAAa/BpUeAwDA4KlgCcBAeU9HgPEAYqJwJlYZohJNdABAQAu5NDAAA-e

I use this build. Obviously pets are personal preference. Feel free to adjust stat combinations to suit your liking. If you feel you need more healing, add another trinket or armor piece with HP on it. I find toughness is good where its at, so you can survive any mistakes you might make. You can also take another spirit in place of a glyph but I recommend keeping at least frost and nature.

in Ranger

Posted by: Elbritil.3817

Elbritil.3817

You’ll generally want to avoid stacking toughness (Cleric’s) as it will impact your groups tank (Unless you want to tank). Use magi’s instead if you want to be a dedicated healer. Magi’s armor and weapons are easy to get, but the trinkets can be difficult which means you’ll have to take clerics in these slots for maximum healing power setups.

Zealots vs. Magi/Clerics is basically down to preference as their healing and damage output is identical.

Water and Transference are good sigils.

A lil correction: if tough about exotic trinkets, then magi is the easiest to get, from karma in Orr.

in Ranger

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

You can’t go wrong with full exotic Magi. Great survival and healing + Guarantee’s almost every hit is a crit under team settings.

-It’s like.. 10-15g or something for a full set armor-weapon-trinkets.
-It doesn’t have toughness so you don’t run the risk of taking aggro from tank (Some/many exp tanks run low toughness)
-Don’t worry too much about pushing out damage, focus on keeping your team alive so they can DO damage (which is 5-10x+ what you do)