Healing Really?

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: Hylox.9746

Hylox.9746

not only is healing almost completely useless in GW2, the stat associated with it is completely broken. the new pets seem pretty good, and celestial form kinda looks cool, but it would have been completely Bad-kitten if we turned into a giant Ent/Juggernaut [http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Juggernaut.jpg] instead. Thanks again, arenanet, for completely screwing us rangers. i was w8ing for the ranger’s elite spec to come out b4 i decided to buy the expansion… but it looks like that won’t happen any time soon

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eric.7813

Eric.7813

Maybe Druid will make healing fun in gw2?

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Hylox.9746

lol i doubt it. nobody runs healer cuz it’s much better to do something else.

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

actually druid as shown in the preview do hefty damage with the staff. so we could say with the nomal attack we get also the healing bonus.
So very nice, thank Irenio for the amazing druid.
The only thing that worries me are:

• Avatar state being only healing. That really lock out the avatar into popin – heal -drop like the guardian tomes but ireno said they were looking into diversify the transform.
    I hope they bring some damage we could use as AA while healing so we would not lose rewards while being supporting, otherwise would feel like a punishment.
  • We don’t know how fast the avatar burns out and how often can it be cast.
  • Glyphs very short range. I hope the change them to be like the old ground trageted traps were for the ranger.
I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Hylox.9746

my zerk longbow ranger does way more dmg than what the druid was shown on the stream. + my lb ranger has piercing arrows which lets me do a little bit of aoe consistantly. how will healing give me access to more drops? IT WON’T, unless they change the system to award drops for healing stuff. it seems to me that they had a really good plan for druid but then decided to go full healer instead at the last minute

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

oh? seen all the new content in HoT already, have you?

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: McViolin.8547

McViolin.8547

oh? expecting anything to really change with HoT, are you?

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

you don’t have to get ANY healing power, and you don’t need to heal anyone but yourself. just play any offensive build with the druid trait line, and profit. if you bothered to think, research or experiment for just 2 minutes, you would understand this.

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

my zerk longbow ranger does way more dmg than what the druid was shown on the stream. + my lb ranger has piercing arrows which lets me do a little bit of aoe consistantly. how will healing give me access to more drops?

Sometimes I wonder if posters here have any logic at all. Why would a druid that has access to a lot of group healing and support do as much damage as a longbow zerk ranger?

If you’re complaining that the devs didn’t introduce a spec that does more damage than any current ranger despite many complaints about the profession being unwanted because it can’t provide support…I’ll just let you reread that sentence out loud and maybe you’ll understand the lapse of logic here.

Not only that but that whole “Tether foes to you and deal damage to them that you suffer” is powerful as kitten. And you can still transfer damage that is reduced by boons?

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

do i have to draw this out for you guys? go zerker, marauder or whatever else. drop wilderness survival for druid, and go Druidic Clarity, Celestial Shadow and Ancient Seeds. use celestial avatar to heal up, daze, and slow. switch out to gain stealth. so good.

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

oh? expecting anything to really change with HoT, are you?

oh? Think you know it all? Are you from the future by any chance? Have you played HoT already? Boo boo, close your mouth, you know nothing except how to talk negative about something you have no idea about. #Bye

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

(edited by Purecura.1795)

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Purecura.1795

my zerk longbow ranger does way more dmg than what the druid was shown on the stream. + my lb ranger has piercing arrows which lets me do a little bit of aoe consistantly. how will healing give me access to more drops?

Sometimes I wonder if posters here have any logic at all. Why would a druid that has access to a lot of group healing and support do as much damage as a longbow zerk ranger?

If you’re complaining that the devs didn’t introduce a spec that does more damage than any current ranger despite many complaints about the profession being unwanted because it can’t provide support…I’ll just let you reread that sentence out loud and maybe you’ll understand the lapse of logic here.

Not only that but that whole “Tether foes to you and deal damage to them that you suffer” is powerful as kitten. And you can still transfer damage that is reduced by boons?

Leo hon, Clearly he just doesnt get it. Him and many other ZERKER ZOMBIES are going to complain like salty nerds. With no sense of an open mind.

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Leo hon, Clearly he just doesnt get it. Him and many other ZERKER ZOMBIES are going to complain like salty nerds. With no sense of an open mind.

So tossing pejoratives at people because they don’t share your views is an indication of an open mind ?

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Purecura.1795

So tossing pejoratives at people because they don’t share your views is an indication of an open mind ?

Honey no, people who toss around negative opinions and comments about a ELITE SPEC they have never played, nor tried in any game mode PvX.

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Ashen.2907

Honey no, people who toss around negative opinions and comments about a ELITE SPEC they have never played, nor tried in any game mode PvX.

So you attack people for having an opinion about a video game ?

You have no more experience of the spec than they do and yet comment in support of it.

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

finally rangers will be wanted in dungeons!
/s

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: Inflames.8026

Inflames.8026

To me it looks like so people here think they are forced to run around and heal their allies now and lower their dps. And I’m also thinking to myself. Does rangers want MORE dps? Thats all you got at the moment and where does that take you? Are you welcomed into anything group related? Are you top tier pick for a team to bring along?

HoT is bringing diversity people. Its for those who enjoy doing damage and supporting themselves or their allies. You can still run the mindless zerker LB build that you’ve run ever since LB became relevant again.

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Purecura.1795

You have no more experience of the spec than they do and yet comment in support of it.

First of all no one is attacking anyone. Second of all, I support the fact that no one has played the spec yet, and should not bash it. I support the idea of giving it a chance before you knock it. Clearly your mentality is backwards honey pie sugar plum.

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Ashen.2907

First of all no one is attacking anyone. Second of all, I support the fact that no one has played the spec yet, and should not bash it. I support the idea of giving it a chance before you knock it. Clearly your mentality is backwards honey pie sugar plum.

Ahh, so calling people nerds and zombies, and referring to them as mentally backwards, weren’t verbal attacks? Got it.

I haven’t knocked the spec, haven’t commented on its merits at all.

No one has played the spec and so no one knows whether it is good or bad. Praising something without experience of that something isn’t any better than criticizing without experience.

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Purecura.1795

Ahh, so calling people nerds and zombies, and referring to them as mentally backwards, weren’t verbal attacks? Got it.

No one has played the spec and so no one knows whether it is good or bad. Praising something without experience of that something isn’t any better than criticizing without experience.

Your perception is your reality. If you want to take facts and turn them into personal attacks against you, then that is on you babe. Clearly I’am happy about the route ANET is going with their new ROLES granted by the elite specs, including the druid. Things are going in my favor along with many others who cant wait to HEAL.

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Ashen.2907

Your perception is your reality. If you want to take facts and turn them into personal attacks against you, then that is on you babe. Clearly I’am happy about the route ANET is going with their new ROLES granted by the elite specs, including the druid. Things are going in my favor along with many others who cant wait to HEAL.

I didn’t turn anything into anything. Calling people names is a form of attack. That is a fact.

For what it is worth I am glad that you are happy with the direction for the Druid. Anything that gives people more options to enjoy the game in a manner that they enjoy is a good thing.

I do wish that you could be happy about something without attacking others for having a different opinion about a video game though.

I am curious about one aspect of your post though. The option to HEAL has been present in game all along, why specifically have you felt the need to, “wait,” as you put it ?

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I didn’t turn anything into anything. Calling people names is a form of attack. That is a fact.

For what it is worth I am glad that you are happy with the direction for the Druid. Anything that gives people more options to enjoy the game in a manner that they enjoy is a good thing.

I do wish that you could be happy about something without attacking others for having a different opinion about a video game though.

I am curious about one aspect of your post though. The option to HEAL has been present in game all along, why specifically have you felt the need to, “wait,” as you put it ?

I agree people get way to defensive over classes, if someone does not like the change that is there right to have and express that opinion as long as it is not insulting or constructive unlike many of the people who do like the changes have shown. I like the changes but you do not see me attacking people for not liking it geesh whats the big deal? Its not like they are taking away the druid from us.

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

To me it looks like so people here think they are forced to run around and heal their allies now and lower their dps. And I’m also thinking to myself. Does rangers want MORE dps? Thats all you got at the moment and where does that take you? Are you welcomed into anything group related? Are you top tier pick for a team to bring along?

HoT is bringing diversity people. Its for those who enjoy doing damage and supporting themselves or their allies. You can still run the mindless zerker LB build that you’ve run ever since LB became relevant again.

You do realize there are builds for melee in dungeons to right? Longbow is kind of pointless since you can only spam a few moves from it without crippling your dps, and its not very fun.

Healing Really?

in Ranger

Posted by: tenklo.6104

tenklo.6104

then u wonder why u die … against a 5 man when u have 10 plus tower….im in there healing lol…. ooo thief almost dead wait wtf. how is he full health… does the it was me montion.. with all the healing and control a druid can do… u better watch out…it mad me dust of my ranger … and now its ready for hot