Healing Signet vs Troll Unguent

in Ranger

Posted by: Shinra.9348

Shinra.9348

So I decided to make a warrior and mess around in spvp running a zerker warrior with healing signet when I noticed just how much hp I was getting from this signet.
Healing Signet grants a base heal of 392 a second, much like our own Signet of the Wild(only on steroids). Now Troll Unguent only gives out a base of 856 hp a second, for 10 seconds with a 25 second cool down.

It made my own healing skill seem very lackluster in comparison considering Warrior’s getting that hp every second. While I do understand Warrior has a larger hp pool, they also have access to a lot of CC mitigation and condi removal.

In your eyes is Healing Signet broken or is Troll Unguent just that useless? I’m somewhere in between believing both.

Thoughts or constructive ideas as to what could be done about Troll Unguent?

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

well, lets see….

Troll Unguent
856 per second, 8560 total. 25 second cooldown. 1 second activation

8560 / 26 = 329.

Healing signet is always 392 a second unless they decide to use the active, which isn’t that strong. The difference is 63 per second. Keep in mind that the Warrior has more Hp than we do though. Also remember that we are also healing our pet for the same amount that we are healing ourselves.

so…I’d say they are equal.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

You could start only slotting Troll Unguent when you do have other sources of condition removal (runes, traits, pets). Also try to pour some healing power in you build (equipment, traits, food) Till you find the setup that makes you satisfied with troll’s efectiveness.

in Ranger

Shinra.9348

The point I was making is that the signet is always active, so to make it equal we’d have to keep popping our heal on cd to be in that foot race with them. Part of the perks of having Healing Signet up 24/7 is it completely neutralizes a few stacks of bleeds, or poison. So yes if you can constantly and reliably in PvP get your heal off it’s equal. In T1 WvW where you can’t get any skills off the Warrior is still healing 24/7. I’d say it makes our own healing over time look very bad. I was merely asking for thoughts on improvement of the skill itself.

Trolls effectiveness seems very limited to me Ariete, that I would have to trait or gear for it to be useful. Have you found a gear set up that makes Troll Unguent a useful part of your set up?

I’ve found for small roaming groups Troll Unguent is fine because you can shift focus onto other people while you heal and dps. But I haven’t found much use for it outside of that. If I am zerging I bring Healing Spring and if I am going zerker or valk/cavalier I generally use Heal as One.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It’s not healthy to compare classes like this. Healing Signet is overpowered… excessively so given the class it’s on. It’s close in overall value to Troll + SoR, but it’s everything else the Warrior stacks on top of it that makes it so overpowered.

Next you’ll start comparing the utility other classes bring, or the burst/ae capability of other classes in WvW, etc etc. If you keep it up you’ll have a very poor outlook on this class like many of us

in Ranger

Shinra.9348

To be fair though the poor outlook isn’t unwarranted. I do maintain high hopes for the class and I do come back to my Ranger constantly trying new gear sets and builds. I know the class can work which is why I wanted to see ideas on certain skills such as this one.

in Ranger

Ariete.6509

Oh no. Even without crispy’s math i never sensed troll unguent to be weak. Oh and playing warrior i end up leaning towards mending. I was just saying whenever i run it i usually make sure to supplement it with heavy dosage of condition removal. But that’s just two cents, my opinion isn’t fact.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

well, lets see….

Troll Unguent
856 per second, 8560 total. 25 second cooldown. 1 second activation

8560 / 26 = 329.

Healing signet is always 392 a second unless they decide to use the active, which isn’t that strong. The difference is 63 per second. Keep in mind that the Warrior has more Hp than we do though. Also remember that we are also healing our pet for the same amount that we are healing ourselves.

so…I’d say they are equal.

Isn’t it 8560/36 instead? (=238hp/s)
856hp/sec. 1 sec activation, 10 second duration, 25 second cooldown.

in Ranger

Ariete.6509

Nah the cooldown triggers as soon as the cast ends. Your math would be true if started at the end of the heal over time final tick

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

To the OP’s point, healing signet’s effectiveness against healing signet is when you run into people running an interrupt/stun build. Being interrupted and not being able to cast heal in those critical moments is the difference between stomping and getting stomped.

Personally, I don’t have any problems with TU. It’s actually a fairly effective heal for WvW roamers and what not.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Healing Signet is inherently less-effected by heal-over-time counters because it’s always up, which means your opponent has to maintain things like poison constantly to get maximum effectiveness (except look at a warrior’s on-demand condition removal and Berserker Stance), whereas with skills like TU there’s a very distinct window of time in which to control the conditions you place upon your opponent, which is significantly easier to do when considering a ranger’s condition removal.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Healing signet is blatantly OP in my opinion, although I think troll unguent is a very good heal aswell, I can’t believe they picked this route for the warriors healing signet and make it so insanely powerful for no effort at all, just for free, I don’t get it honestly, to me the natural way would have been to keep it at 200h/s like it was and increase the active heal on it to make it a proper choice for the warrior to make, as it is they never ever use it they just disengage at will because nothign and nobody can stop them with their equally OP dogged march (coupled with melandru and food) It actually irritates me to play my warrior when I get reminded of how stupidly strong many of their traits like these are and how utterly unaffected they can be by roots when a single root will usually spell instant death for my ranger and we have practically no defence at all for them while warriors have multiple dead certain escapes from the same.

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Warrior healing is op (combined with other passive counters to condition/stuns). I really hope anet realize this soon, cause it’s breaking wvw apart. Nowadays you see 30%+ warriors in wvw.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Warrior healing is op (combined with other passive counters to condition/stuns). I really hope anet realize this soon, cause it’s breaking wvw apart. Nowadays you see 30%+ warriors in wvw.

Working as intended. Hey at least most aren’t smart enough to run hammer/longbow…yet.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Fordel.3208

Fordel.3208

The warrior Longbow frustrates me a fair amount, since it actually scales quite well in a power build. I don’t want to do the math on the LB F1, because then I’ll compare it to Barrage and probably be sad. Then their LB 3, that thing can drop BOMBS in a power build (and it’s a blast finisher!).

What were we talking about?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Ya warrior longbow makes me totally jealous. I honestly hate our longbow and really don’t use it much. I have many kills on it but only because I used longbow a ton during the first 3 months of playing. It feels clunky to me and, I know it’s a common refrain, but it just doesn’t bring the damage or utility other ranger weapons bring for my playstyle. Wait till you face a warrior with all that AND cleansing ire. Then you’ll really be kitten ed off. They’re totally OP. immobilization doesn’t even neutralize them. You have to work your kitten off to keep up and they can just basically laugh. They get everything in one build: mobility, condition negation, buffs, healing, damage, condition damage, big time stuns. It’s basically the opposite of fun.

Ranger has fewer viable roaming builds than ever. I really want anet to address these problems with a bug-free path. I also want a million dollars. Lol

At least the specs that do work are very strong. I’m not sure what the fix is but I am sure we’ll be complaining about it! Haha

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Ya warrior longbow makes me totally jealous. I honestly hate our longbow and really don’t use it much. I have many kills on it but only because I used longbow a ton during the first 3 months of playing. It feels clunky to me and, I know it’s a common refrain, but it just doesn’t bring the damage or utility other ranger weapons bring for my playstyle. Wait till you face a warrior with all that AND cleansing ire. Then you’ll really be kitten ed off. They’re totally OP. immobilization doesn’t even neutralize them. You have to work your kitten off to keep up and they can just basically laugh. They get everything in one build: mobility, condition negation, buffs, healing, damage, condition damage, big time stuns. It’s basically the opposite of fun.

Ranger has fewer viable roaming builds than ever. I really want anet to address these problems with a bug-free path. I also want a million dollars. Lol

At least the specs that do work are very strong. I’m not sure what the fix is but I am sure we’ll be complaining about it! Haha

The problem with the longbow is it really doesn’t synergize well with traits or even with itself. If it had a heavy hitting attack it would have a reason to stealth (so you could get remorseless and crit with it). It would have a reason for the knockback to be used as more than a defensive spell (so you could proc moment of clarity). It would add the ranged pressure instead of sustained damage that’s valuable in WvW and GvG.

What makes a lot of the other classes more engaging to play is how their weapon sets offer some kind of combo that when pulled off can deliver either a ton of damage or great utility. Ranger doesn’t have anything like this.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fordel.3208

Fordel.3208

Really, I think what bothers me the most about our LB…

So like, I’m sure you’ve ridden a zerg or two, you’re taking a keep, keeping people off the walls. The Blue Dorito asks the DPS to clear out some siege on the wall, like a mortar or AC or something. Something you can’t hit with direct fire.

So you toss you’re barrage up there, get some numbers, hurrah! Then you wait, and you wait, and you get bored and try to manually aim some auto’s high enough to get past obstructed but low enough to actually hit anything, then you wait some more when that doesn’t really work.

Meanwhile, the Ele’s are cycling through their fields, the Necro’s are dropping their circles, the Thieves and Warriors are dropping bombs with their bows… while we sorta just linger around till that 24/30 reuse on Barrage is off CD.

Like just that feeling of doing nothing, when all the other ranged people seem to be able to dump loads up and over the LoS barrier. That bothers me, just this annoying little pin prick telling me yet again, something isn’t right here.

/shrug

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

I totally agree fordel. Also, mesmers spawning phantasm on the ground but I can’t send my pet up anymore? That’s ludicrous. Like pets running up towers was a game breaking issue. Why does dragons tooth not need LoS when warhorn / ranger does? I just want things to be fair across the board.

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

my warrior gain health from signet, adrenalin, food, dolly rune and gain regen when cc happen. this combinating with 3500 armor. sometimes others melt away on my side and my hp bar is still full

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

our heals healing pets should not come into consideration. Hell , pets should be heavily resistant to damage in the first place…

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Ranger longbow has the same effect on me everytime I try to make it work, I get more and more used to it start liking it thinking it’s pretty good then I end up realizing this is pretty much a weapon that is only good to have in a group if everybody ignores you and reduced bow CDs is a must aswell any other scenario I pretty much think any other weapon is to be prefered.