Healing Spring

Healing Spring

in Ranger

Posted by: Khalys.6352

Khalys.6352

Hi,
I’m a french player who have some simple question about the healing spring mechanism :
With a projectile finisher when I combo I put a rejuv boon on all allies who attack the my target , indifferently of the distance ?
If I use a multiple projectle like Axe(2) what happen ? I put a 5 rejuv stack ? I don’t think so. Same if other ppl combo with projectile : what happen ? The rejuv stack don’t seem to be re-fresh neither stack (No refresh is good for my heal build).

Those questions are very important for me because I’m trying to create a heal/support ranger (don’t cry) with healing spring, spirit of the nature, F2 Fern Mastiff which heal all allies and Signet of the Wild. I use crappy Fire and Stone spirit and hope they will up in next patch.

Thanks for your help on this

Healing Spring

in Ranger

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

The rejuv doesn’t stack, the tooltip shows that but it’s actually wrong. What it means is you will get a total of 6 × 1stack rejuvs for the duration of Healing Spring, which is meh at best… You have to wait for each stack to wear off to get the next stack ~_~

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Healing Spring

in Ranger

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

a) the distance you can apply regeneration with a combo finisher is the distance your arrow can travel so long as the arrow touches your field at some point on its journey.

b) regeneration stacks in duration, not effectiveness. so you can get “stacks” of regen, but it will only increase the duration; you won’t see a stack number on the tooltip. so, the axe 2 gives you a 5 × 20% chance to apply regen & each successful application will extend the duration.

c) i am unsure about other players using my combo field, as to whether it uses my healing power or theirs. but i know that if there are 2 regenerations applied of varying strengths, the strongest one will run out its duration first before the weaker one takes effect.

@samfisher, if you take +33% regen duration then the Healing Spring ticks will overlap & each application will further extend your regen timer. this does not account for additional combo finishers that can extend it further. it is not difficult to have 15 seconds of regen up when your healing spring finishes, effectively giving 100% regen uptime.

hope this helps.

Healing Spring

in Ranger

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

a) the distance you can apply regeneration with a combo finisher is the distance your arrow can travel so long as the arrow touches your field at some point on its journey.

b) regeneration stacks in duration, not effectiveness. so you can get “stacks” of regen, but it will only increase the duration; you won’t see a stack number on the tooltip. so, the axe 2 gives you a 5 × 20% chance to apply regen & each successful application will extend the duration.

c) i am unsure about other players using my combo field, as to whether it uses my healing power or theirs. but i know that if there are 2 regenerations applied of varying strengths, the strongest one will run out its duration first before the weaker one takes effect.

@samfisher, if you take +33% regen duration then the Healing Spring ticks will overlap & each application will further extend your regen timer. this does not account for additional combo finishers that can extend it further. it is not difficult to have 15 seconds of regen up when your healing spring finishes, effectively giving 100% regen uptime.

hope this helps.

It does give 100% regen time but in PvP you need big heals and not slow heal over time. If only regeneration stacks in intensity and not duration.

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Healing Spring

in Ranger

Posted by: Khalys.6352

Khalys.6352

Hi,
Thanks for your answers.
a)I’m not sure to understand (my english is not so good!) : You say when I make acombo with a projectile from the source (I’m in the combo zone) it’s like a rejuv AoE with the range of my weapon around me ? (or around the combo zone ?). Wiki say that’s type of combo put rejuv boon on ppl who target same foes as me : you don’t talk about that criteria.

b)Okay Rejuv is a duration stack and the power depends of the personn who make the combo (I’m sure about that) but what is the timer of a rejuv stack ? Depends of the skills or is it always 5s per stack ?

c)In that case if me and one other ppl make each 3 projectiles combo (3×120 and 3×150hp/tick for example) so other player get 6* 5s rejuv and the order of application is the order of the combo like foàr example : 120 120 150 120 150 150 ?

Rejuv seems to be a bit complicated in GW2 ^^

Healing Spring

in Ranger

Posted by: Glektor.2934

Glektor.2934

a) It does not matter if they target the same foes as you. It’s the same as other combo zones. You don’t have to stand in the combo zone to get the regen, you can fire projectiles while standing far away, as long as the projectile goes through the combo zone. Also, I think it affects people standing near the circle, not near you.

b) I don’t think the rejuv from healing spring stacks really, does it?(someone else can comment). It just fades and you can’t get a new stack until it fades, then you refresh it. So, yes it would always be 5s each or however long it lasts.

Healing Spring

in Ranger

Posted by: DalzK.9086

DalzK.9086

What I would like to get cleared up, I’m pretty sure of it but would like to check on with you guys anyway, is how the projectile finisher works with Healing Spring?

So when your arrows pass throw the combo field who gets affected? Do YOU get regeneration, or do allies who get hit by your arrows get regeneration?

I think its a pretty terrible finisher if thats the case, because manually aiming your arrows at allies through the healing spring combo field isn’t really easy/practical – every other finisher is WAY more effective.

Healing Spring

in Ranger

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

the test is easy to see, if you take the 33% regen duration trait 10 points in the nature magic tree.

considering standing in the circle the entire time with no other sources of regen:

without said trait regen goes away 3 seconds after spring goes away

with the trait, you have approximately 9-10 seconds of regen after the circle goes away. giving the Ranger 100% up time on regen if he is able to stand in his spring for the full duration. (this could be improved with the boon duration 2 piece sets, as well as more points in nature magic)

as far as the projectile finisher question. the ranger or other person shooting a projectile through healing spring gets the regen. the flash icon will appear where the combo happens, but the person shooting the projectile will receive the boon.

Healing Spring

in Ranger

Posted by: Arrys.7145

Arrys.7145

Getting 100% uptime on the regen from spring requires both the +33% trait and +15% to boons on armor. go +20% regen and get a bit over 100% uptime.

In terms of pure healing capacity between signet, 30 beastmastery trait and regen(which is of course strippable) you can have over +500 healing coming in continuosly in a ranger self heal build. Over half of it in danger of boon removal however.

Arrys Shaikin
OoS
A whittling ranger becomes viable by forcing his opponent to whittle

Healing Spring

in Ranger

DalzK.9086

If you stand in the circle and spam shortbow 1 – does that stack with the regen you get from the circle?

Healing Spring

in Ranger

Posted by: Arrys.7145

Arrys.7145

If you stand in the circle and spam shortbow 1 – does that stack with the regen you get from the circle?

Never tested but doubt it. Your arrow isn’t passing through you…..And I find GS is a far better weapon to stand in the circle with.

I did do some testing with things like Axe4 to see if I could boomerang it back to me and no go on those tests…

Arrys Shaikin
OoS
A whittling ranger becomes viable by forcing his opponent to whittle

Healing Spring

in Ranger

DalzK.9086

Ok after some testing, it seems that when I put down healing spring and shoot through it I do not get any regen, and nor does anyone in the projectiles path.

How does it work?

(edited by DalzK.9086)

Healing Spring

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Ok after some testing, it seems that when I put down healing spring and shoot through it I do not get any regen, and nor does anyone in the projectiles path.

How does it work?

Yes it does work, but remember, if using autoattack on your shortbow, there’s only a 20% chance to actually trigger the effect (which is a very low chance).

When it triggers, it applies regen to friendlies in its path, not to yourself.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user