Healing Spring Category - Trap

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

I know traps are usually somewhat ‘offensive’ in nature, but I think it’s the obvious choice, considering it’s either that category or the signet category (but it’ll have no passive effect)

It ABSOLUTELY works and it’ll bring a different dynamic; they mentionned traps have an ‘arming’ time, now imagine that:

You ‘set up’ healing spring, and if an ally goes low on health, he walks to the ‘trap’ and it activates, which is a very interesting supportive mechanic.

Should probably make it so the skill cooldown starts after it pops though, OR make it that ALL TRAPS become Sequence Skills, so players can manually activate traps and exploit the appropriate combo fields from the traps (Fire Field, Ice Field, Poison Field, etc)

Also, with the Trapper Expertise trait,
LARGER spring,
LONGER regen (longer boon instead of condition) and
LOWER cooldown.

Now it obviously sounds a bit OverPowered, so maybe up its BASE cooldown to something like 35-40s? Still need to take into consideration the fact that if it becomes a trap, there’s the skill activation time AND the trap arming time, so it’s already somewhat balanced as you need to time more efficiently

Also with rune of the trapper, I truly hope the bonuses will activate when ‘popping’ the trap, and now AFTER it finishes activating, so you actually get the stealth bonus for at least a little little while

I’m REALLY happy with all the changes, and the ranger changes, I thought I was dreaming; most of the changes are actual changes I wished to see back when there was a Ranger CDI (Troll Unguent becoming Survival skill, excellent synergy with condition cleansing trait /// Heal as One and Rampage as One becoming shouts giving them excellent synergy with the Shout trait and now the Rune of the Trooper has more utility to rangers /// Winter’s Bite becoming an AoE /// And some more (need to find that old .txt file ahaha)

(edited by ProtoMarcus.7649)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

They did mention during the livestream that if they did categorize HS as a trap, they would have to look at how it would function when they add the arming time to all traps since it will trigger on allies instead of foes. Would be kind of crazy tossing a healing spring but I’m game for it.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

Edit added a Sequence Skill suggestion too; you could manually activate traps for ‘instant use’ although the healing spring would already activate for allies, but as its a water field, I guess…there’s something to do with a manual activation.

But manual activation of other traps could be very interesting for the combo fields

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

And I think the arming would be necessary on HS as well for Balance (because the trapper expertise traits can really buff the already very powerful skill) by adding more ‘activation/arming’ time. I’d suggest slightly lowering the activation time of the skill, but having a moderate arming time for the trap itself.

Another note about the arming time, it would be necessary if you wanna use it in preparation to a fight, so it doesn’t activate instantly; You pop it somewhere and you wait until someone steps on it. Would be also kinda hard to time allies and yourself to walk on it together, so maybe add some effects to the ‘Manual Activation of Traps’ skills; the healing spring would heal you and your pet IF you’re not standing on the trap

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Its currently our fastest acting heal, so any nerf to the cast time would be a nerf to our healing overall.

However if the cast time on heal as one is shortened on account of it becoming a shout, then I can live with it.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

Heal as One is the one becoming a shout, and that brings perfect synergy;

With traits, it grants swiftness and regen to you and allies and has shorter CD
With Rune of the Trooper/Soldier, it removes a condition to you and allies

It could also become like an ‘instant trap’ where there’s only an activation time, but gets all the advantages of the trap-related traits (and rune)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Could also be a signet.
Passive – every 4 sec get a condi removal and 3 sec regeneration for both you and your pet.
active – get 10 sec water field, 5k heal for both you and pet ,(1 time) aoe condi removal and 4 sec regeneration.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

The arming time would be coded into each trap I would think and not added by the trait. I don’t think having an arming time on a healing skill is a good idea at all, uh huh, not one bit. Leave it exactly as is, just make it a trap without arming time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

If the trap is ground target , you could throw the healing spring<

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

I’d love a healing signet… Not turning HS into a trap. I’d like a healing signet akin to the Guardian’s signet. HS turning to a trap doesn’t interest me because the super long cast time. If all traps are becoming ground target then you’d have to have instant-cast option on in the control options. I like having fast/quick-cast, but not instant. Then that arming time traps are getting doesn’t interest me either even if they are getting buffed (which I just assumed they are because adding artifical cast (read: arming) time is just stupid).

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

I’d love a healing signet… Not turning HS into a trap. I’d like a healing signet akin to the Guardian’s signet. HS turning to a trap doesn’t interest me because the super long cast time. If all traps are becoming ground target then you’d have to have instant-cast option on in the control options. I like having fast/quick-cast, but not instant. Then that arming time traps are getting doesn’t interest me either even if they are getting buffed (which I just assumed they are because adding artifical cast (read: arming) time is just stupid).

it is a 0.5sec cast time just aim and throw the trap ahead of the target rather than using them like Grenades (that is why they changed it to Arm traps)
Healing spring as a signet will not work , orginaly healing spring was a trap in gw and its cast time is realy short 1/2sec .

will all possibility it can be done , 1/4sec cast time> throw distance > 0.5sec arm time 0.75sec total cast and will trigger is any ally walks or stays on the spring after its Armed.

also i don’t want more signets , I’d rather not see onther class that is able to use nearly a full bar of signets its Ugly to see a full Bar of signets.

“Using a water field signet to grant Might from signet mastery” ?
makes no sense water fields granting might cause some confusion and would mostly be pointless as it wouldn’t be needed since a signet ranger would already be able to gain more than enough might from rotating Soth , Sotw and SoS/SoR.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

People people…

They could simply add the skill fact [Trap] so it gets reduced recharge/ increased radius and works with trapper runes. It doesn’t need to be throwing or arming type of trap lol.

What’s next, “healing spring needs to cause conditions for the double duration from trait! Or double regen!” ?

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

People people…

They could simply add the skill fact [Trap] so it gets reduced recharge and works with trapper runes. It doesn’t need to be throwing or arming type of trap lol.

What’s next, “healing spring needs to cause conditions for the double duration from trait! Or double regen!” ?

consider traps base line might be ground targeted < don’t you want Ranged Aoe Water field? xd its a good suggestion.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

People people…

They could simply add the skill fact [Trap] so it gets reduced recharge and works with trapper runes. It doesn’t need to be throwing or arming type of trap lol.

consider traps base line might be ground targeted < don’t you want Ranged Aoe Water field? xd its a good suggestion.

Honestly no. When I push heal I want to heal not run around trying to find where I dumped my stupid healing spring cause cursor got lost. Or worse I spend time trying to target area near me that’s in range and in Los ;-)

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

People people…

Honestly no. When I push heal I want to heal not run around trying to find where I dumped my stupid healing spring cause cursor got lost. Or worse I spend time trying to target area near me that’s in range and in Los ;-)

well thats your opinion thanks for the input.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

People people…

Well that’s your opinion, thanks for the input.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Agree with Justine, having any kind of delay on a healing skill actually healing after 6 is pressed is plain stupid imo.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Healing Spring in gw1 was a trap that didn’t need an activation trigger. Regardless of the source I think it would be fine to activate, wait for arming, and have it go off, no other requirements needed. Arming time could be factored into cast time is necessary.

Fishsticks

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Keep in mind that having HS be a trap provides the opportunity to heal twice in a very short time period if you set up before the fight starts.

NSPride <3

(edited by Razor.9872)

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Keep in mid that having HS be a trap provides the opportunity to heal twice in a very short time period if you set up before the fight starts.

That fact I could appreciate if it became a ranged skill with arming time. I could live with it then.

If I go into a camp im gonna flip I precast my traps before going in and then hit lord to agro camp. They hit traps and shortly after I can toss them out again instead of waiting full recharge. So if I could have precast healing spring and the trap lasted on ground as long as recharge I could appreciate that.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I would like it to have a trigger like an actual trap only if I could do both. Instant cast by single click or set the trigger by holding the 6 down for the cast time or something. Then you could pre-cast for preparation and also insta heal for when you need it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Keep in mid that having HS be a trap provides the opportunity to heal twice in a very short time period if you set up before the fight starts.

That fact I could appreciate if it became a ranged skill with arming time. I could live with it then.

If I go into a camp im gonna flip I precast my traps before going in and then hit lord to agro camp. They hit traps and shortly after I can toss them out again instead of waiting full recharge. So if I could have precast healing spring and the trap lasted on ground as long as recharge I could appreciate that.

Thats a very good point. Theoretically it becomes an insanely good heal if used properly. Would be useful in TPvP as well if you were fighting near a location. You could set up your heal ahead of time nad fight around it and just walk onto it the moment you need it.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

If it is able to be pre-set, I think it should also have a triggering condition, like the ally must be at 75% health or less to trigger it, otherwise it would be wasted on people with 99% health all the time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Keep in mind that having HS be a trap provides the opportunity to heal twice in a very short time period if you set up before the fight starts.

That would be pretty great. It’d give trapper rangers twice the condi clear just with their heal to compensate for not having survival skills to make use of the new Survival of the Fittest trait or Signet of Renewal. It’d be harder to use correctly but have a way better pay off when mastered.

in Ranger

Razor.9872

That would be pretty great. It’d give trapper rangers twice the condi clear just with their heal to compensate for not having survival skills to make use of the new Survival of the Fittest trait or Signet of Renewal. It’d be harder to use correctly but have a way better pay off when mastered.

Yeah, in my opinion, skills which capitalize on skill are always welcome.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Justine.6351

If it is able to be pre-set, I think it should also have a triggering condition, like the ally must be at 75% health or less to trigger it, otherwise it would be wasted on people with 99% health all the time.

Actually that is a good point too but I think we are all forgetting that the heal part of the skill is player/pet only.

So Healing Spring:
Heal yourself and pet on use. When an ally walks into range of healing spring it creates a water field that begins giving regeneration and clearing conditions every 3 seconds for 10 seconds.

So the healing wouldn’t even need to be tied to trap trigger, just the waterfield,regen,condi cleanse would be. So if you got kitten y allies running over your trap its not a loss cause its not a huge heal anyhow.

Funny note healing SPRING, as in trap lol.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Healing Spring trapper ‘balls’ were a big thing for a while in GW1, they were pretty effective, I’d like to try it out in WvW. Longbow trapper hybrid with trapper runes x 50. Would be super hard to melee train due to all the traps and 1500 range piercing arrows to plink everything that comes close. Then the Quick Draw Barrages

in Ranger

TheFantasticGman.9451

People people…

No. In what I do 95% of, which is Dungeons and Fractals, I need to just hit the button and it drops on me where I am, just like it does now. All that extra crap is just time wasted. When I hit 6 it’s because I need it right now, not 2+ seconds from now. I’ve played trapper ranger (but I ain’t bringing that build into a dungeon/fractal) and even with quick-cast it’s still takes forever before they hit the ground. It’s much faster to drop where you are. I’d like to use instant-cast but since the cursor is so freakin’ easy to lose track of on screen during combat, I can’t. Maybe if they improved visibility of the cursor…

(edited by TheFantasticGman.9451)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

HS getting a big buff now that we can blast on pet swap and double swoop with quick draw. Getting also stealth from runes could make HS really nice.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Then Monarch’s leap too and another blast if you have WH in the OH

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

other option:
modify the skill to a signet
Signet of the river/oasis
active: healing spring
passive: some small effect
– a bit less condi duration on u, heal urself by a small amount everytime ur pet hits someone, chance to heal allies in ur near, etc.

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Maybe make another signet, but leave my HS alone!

in Ranger

Razor.9872

I don’t know man, I think it would be worth a try to have it function as a trap. The possibilities are vast.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Healing Spring trapper ‘balls’ were a big thing for a while in GW1, they were pretty effective, I’d like to try it out in WvW. Longbow trapper hybrid with trapper runes x 50. Would be super hard to melee train due to all the traps and 1500 range piercing arrows to plink everything that comes close. Then the Quick Draw Barrages

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker_Stance

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I don’t know man, I think it would be worth a try to have it function as a trap. The possibilities are vast.

I was referring to the post above me that suggested making it a signet. Trap would be great.

in Ranger

Razor.9872

I was referring to the post above me that suggested making it a signet. Trap would be great.

Oh. Oooohkay that makes sense now that I read it a second time. Yeah, I agree.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker_Stance

And? It’s a skill one class has, with a 1 minute CD and 8s duration. Is there a point?

It’s been done, looks pretty successful really, considering how outnumbered and quite uncoordinated they are.

in Ranger

Posted by: Peacock.6412

Peacock.6412

I have to come down on the side of the folks who do not want to have an arming time on HS. When I use it, I am at the point of needing a heal that regen isn’t going to cover. I also double dip on it by blasting HS with warhorn providing the extra area healing.

Unashamedly Qoo Qoo for Quaggans!

in Ranger

Posted by: Crey.5263

Crey.5263

I think it will probably end up being a trap considering, the gw1 skill was actually a trap and they were doing a lot of call backs to gw1 skills with these traits. And to compensate, I think they could make the activation effect be an aoe cleanse and heal to make up for not having access to the water field and pulsing cleanse immediately.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I have to come down on the side of the folks who do not want to have an arming time on HS. When I use it, I am at the point of needing a heal that regen isn’t going to cover. I also double dip on it by blasting HS with warhorn providing the extra area healing.

But if it works like a trap you’ll be able to throw it down at the start of a fight and then jump into it to trigger when you need it, and by that time it’ll be off cooldown so you can throw the trap down AGAIN, wait a second for the arming time, and get a double heal in the span of a few seconds. With both springs overlapping to provide their own pulses of regen and condi clear for the durations.

It’d be a tremendously more powerful heal. All it’d need from you is a bit more planning ahead.

in Ranger

TheFantasticGman.9451

…but leave my HS alone!

I wish they would leave it as is.

in Ranger

Razor.9872

There are already so many heals that just ‘heal instantly’. Wouldn’t it be a change of pace to have a heal that you have to time for (much like A.E.D.)? Of course, due to this variation, the skill would have to be balanced around this, but it would turn high-skill high-reward.

Either that, or A-net could just make this one trap not have an activation time.

Either one works.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

There are already so many heals that just ‘heal instantly’. Wouldn’t it be a change of pace to have a heal that you have to time for (much like A.E.D.)? Of course, due to this variation, the skill would have to be balanced around this, but it would turn high-skill high-reward.

Either that, or A-net could just make this one trap not have an activation time.

Either one works.

We have troll unguent and water spirit, i think thats variation enough
i dont want HS to be placable trap.

idk what speaks against signet
it changes nothing to HS itself, just when it has no cd on it, we have an effect thats new.
i dont see any reason why it should be not as good as a trap spring
from trap category we gain nothing, no good effect, just we can place it.
with signet we could have an additional way to gain might and OS.
i am #teamSIGNET.

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in Ranger

Razor.9872

Either one works.

We have troll unguent and water spirit, i think thats variation enough
i dont want HS to be placable trap.

idk what speaks against signet
it changes nothing to HS itself, just when it has no cd on it, we have an effect thats new.
i dont see any reason why it should be not as good as a trap spring
from trap category we gain nothing, no good effect, just we can place it.
with signet we could have an additional way to gain might and OS.
i am #teamSIGNET.

Actually, trap category would make it larger, have longer boon duration, and make it double-activatable. For one, it was a trap in GW1. For another, the artwork doesn’t really match that of a signet :\

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

That’s a really cool idea.

I dunno about 75% (might be a bit too soon and waste some healing potential), but HS as a trap with this kind of criteria?

It could be incredibly useful for both yourself (obviously) and using it to save teammates on trigger.

A good trap! lol

It would still work much different than it does now though. In this way it would work a lot like the spirit heal we have, but more instant upon triggering.

There might need to be some further conditions to it to keep it from being OP though.

Like maybe, if it triggers with only you inside the trap, you get the full heal that it gives now.

But if it triggers with multiple allies in the trap, it heals everyone for less of a healing burst?

With constant condi clears, regen, and being able to blast it, as well as being effected by traits lowering it’s CD, making it larger, last even longer, and possibly triggering it twice…

It wouldn’t be unfair in that regard.

If it’s too good, like you were saying, the healballs from GW1 might come back! But yeah. I really like this idea.

in Ranger

Posted by: Maliken.5630

Maliken.5630

If i dont use traps, i still want my healing spring at least as good as it is now.
So that means, if i use it it should heal me AND my pet immediatly. I also use it for condition removal (and regen), its not instant but at least it works a little bit. If it becomes like a trap skill with activation, then your already dead be condi before it triggers.
I really think that healing spring should stay the same in functionality, if its categorized as trap or not. Sure it would be nice if you can take the trait to reduce its cooldown and other stuff like longer regen or 2 condi removals per pulse or so, but every healing skill should at least heal the ranger and his pet instead of other players who would accidently walk over it.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Like I mentioned earlier, you could have both functionalities. Single press/click of 6 to get the instant heal, hold it down for 3s to ‘set the trap’.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

might sound silly but it would be quite funny to be longbowing in dungeons and throwing your healing spring on the meleegroup xD