Healing spring nerf, why in pve too?

in Ranger

Posted by: Bratpirat.6137

Bratpirat.6137

I understand they had to do something to nerf ranger in spvp, but why in pve? Healing spring was one of our best supportskills, maybe i missed something and they are only looking for rangers now in lfg, so anet had to tune them down to give other classes a chance. Or maybe it’s just an example of how pve suffers from pvp balancing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

I don’t know how hardcore PvE you play, but I never needed full 15 sec of water field. On the other hand I often got annoyed by it blocking other field, after it got blasted in max 3s after I put it down.

in Ranger

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

The only situation where I feel the new version is weaker is if you’re using Greatsword, now you cannot use Swoop twice. For pretty much every other situation I feel the new version is stronger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

In the current dmg heavy dungeon meta, water field blocking the fire fields can be very annoying. For open world play & soloing this new version feels better (to me).

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

the only place that i considered this to be a Nerf was in WvW zerg fighting, (it only took 2 rangers to maintain perma water fields in lords room and on gates) almost all other situations I’ve considered this a buff. the real Nerf was to the vigor trait.

Note: it’s also less chance of drakes blast finisher going off in it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

I can deal with the duration nerf, but the vigorous renewal nerf was the stupidest thing kittening ever. No reason for it at all. Absolutely none. I mean, the only game mode we’re even preferred in is spvp but somehow we just needed an all around nerf again.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

The duration “nerf” was a buff… We don’t need the water field for 15s, and now the effects go faster.

Vigorous renewal on the other hand… That was just uncalled for

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Bratpirat.6137

Bratpirat.6137

Hmm, i used the healing spring as a longlasting cleansing and combo field. What do you want with firefield when you have 25 stacks of might? Also you can put it above the firefield. Anyway i guess it will stay this way, so just one more reason to play a different class in dungeons.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

It’s just about breaking down anything long-lasting, see Muddy Terrain. We already had Heal as One for instant heal, and Troll Unguent for 10s of strong regen. So anyone that wanted faster heals had them available (and with no fire field overwriting too!). But no, the slower, longer lasting skill had to be accelerated so it fits better with the rest of the short-lived effects in this game.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Why? Probably, my guess, is they want to cut down on field duration to help with skill lag issues. That’s my guess. Also, because it’s more work to make local rather than global changes to the game. By the way, I like troll unguent in dungeons. I do not think healing spring is worth it, especially if you have a guardian in the party (odds are, you do). instead, take the troll you’ll live longer. Take the spirit elite with frost spirit (traited) and spotter. And don’t die with sword. That’s all a ranger really has to do.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

It’s just about breaking down anything long-lasting, see Muddy Terrain. We already had Heal as One for instant heal, and Troll Unguent for 10s of strong regen. So anyone that wanted faster heals had them available (and with no fire field overwriting too!). But no, the slower, longer lasting skill had to be accelerated so it fits better with the rest of the short-lived effects in this game.

Healing spring was already vastly better than heal as one, even before the update.
Heal as one is easily the most lackluster heal in the game.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I disagree. Use healig spring or troll against agony, or the orbs that drain your life in arah. You need burst heals for that. Heal as one is actually an awesome heal, that’s why it’s cast time is so long. I also think it should remove one condition on the ranger and pet, but that’s just me.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”