Hello! What are your thoughts on my build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

Hai, I’m Dragonfeu — I’ve got a ranger build I aim to reach upon leveling to 80, what are your thoughts on it? Thanks! :>

Pets: Lashtail Devourer ( a ranged brusier-like pet )
Stalker ( applies vulnerablilty and gives might )

Shortbow/Sword, Warhorn — Both high DPS weapons; the LB is only good in WvW imo PvE is more close up ( unless it’s a massive boss and you have 50+ players helping )

Traits:

Marksmanship – SteadyFocus/PiercingArrows (4)
Skirmishing – Agility Training/QuickDraw (4)
WildernessSurvival – (1) Natural Vigour
NatureMagic – Strength of Spirit, Evasive Purity (5)

These are traits that aim for a tanky, but high dps ranger. Thoughts?

Gear: Soldier ( Power, Toughness, Vitality ) with the " Rune of the Ranger "

Sigils:

SB – Frailty
Sword – Battle
Warhorn – Force

Survival Skills:

Troll Unguent ( works well with Bountiful Hunter )
Signet of the Wild/Hunt/Renewal
Rampage as One

Any suggestions? What kind of equipment should I get? Precision/Power/Ferocity?

Thanks!

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

If for pve:
You should just go full berserker gear, or knight’s if you’re, uhhm, unsure of your skills.

Troll unguent is not a boon but an effect. Just like consumables have an effect, they don’t count as boons. That is, troll unguent will always heal you when used and can’t be ripped, cleansed, stolen etc like the boon regeneration.

Axe is imo inferior to Sb but I won’t go into details and formulate a 1-page long paragraph.

in Ranger

Dragonfeu.4356

If for pve:
You should just go full berserker gear, or knight’s if you’re, uhhm, unsure of your skills.

Troll unguent is not a boon but an effect. Just like consumables have an effect, they don’t count as boons. That is, troll unguent will always heal you when used and can’t be ripped, cleansed, stolen etc like the boon regeneration.

Axe is imo inferior to Sb but I won’t go into details and formulate a 1-page long paragraph.

Thanks for the reply!

So Troll Unguent doesn’t count as a boon, oops, nooby mistake :p

What about Axes though? I didn’t mention them, do you mean
" Axes are superior to SBs " ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

the LB is only good in WvW imo PvE is more close up ( unless it’s a massive boss and you have 50+

Umm…wat? My LB/GS zerker power ranger rips up general PvE content like a 15 year old bully stealing lunch money from 10 year olds. Nothing survives to get close….and if it does there is Point Blank Shot or an up close and personal Maul from the GS to handle the situation.

But for your build I like the SB option as well. Good luck and happy hunting.

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

For dungeons? Check this out:
http://dulfy.net/2014/07/05/gw2-ranger-pve-class-guide-by-lorek-and-cell/

For open world? Play whatever is most fun for you.

in Ranger

Dragonfeu.4356

the LB is only good in WvW imo PvE is more close up ( unless it’s a massive boss and you have 50+

Umm…wat? My LB/GS zerker power ranger rips up general PvE content like a 15 year old bully stealing lunch money from 10 year olds. Nothing survives to get close….and if it does there is Point Blank Shot or an up close and personal Maul from the GS to handle the situation.

But for your build I like the SB option as well. Good luck and happy hunting.

My bad, the LB is very strong, but mainly bursty/AOE; I think of the ranger as a sustained damaged profession, the SB giving that option with it’s quick AutoAttacks.

Thanks for the comment!