Help/Suggestions for WvW Druid Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

Build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNUQJATWnUqAtCiFsAmsActgFCBbZHEAqawh1zab9p3t7ydlI9zA-TlUAQByQDhh0E0FlEfSFEGpDICmgSoKBcRpEO2foIqQ8KlBE4SAkElIA4ABmIKoaAERVhu9EAilSwAAIA38m5bbGIYyG6QnZbGA-w

Here’s generally how I play:

Generally ‘front line’ with cmdr until zerg contact. Often on rams, or near rams when not lighting up a wall with 5.

Often using speed (skill, Staff skill 3 (10 s CD) when in the open, especially without others for support. often use Staff skill 3 when intermixed with enemy to move quickly outside of a blob/to cmdr. Staff 4 and 5 are really only used for getting away, firing up skill 5 behind, then skill 4 directly behind.

For LB, Skill 8 + 9 then 5 for either putting AOE in a blob/painting a wall, or 8 + 9, 2 for blob (multi-target) or just to down someone quickly. LB 4 either when someone is too near, or when attempting to stop someone who is near down/stopping someone from completing a down. LB 3 I rarely use.

Skill 7 generally when just available, more or less often for taking down lords.

Skill 0 for when on top of cliffs/walls and preventing a pull, but outside of that almost never, with the exception of when skill 9 and Staff 3 are in CD and I need to get somewhere ASAP.

I’m happy with how I play, but, especially around the trinkets, runes, crystals, I’m not sure they’re appropriate for this kind of build and am looking for suggestions.

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I’ve started responding 3 times and deleted what I wrote because I’m really not trying to be mean….
Your build is so kittening all over the place I don’t know where to begin. Your gear choices looks like they were picked by throwing darts at a dart board. You aren’t tanky enough to survive a real fight as a front line player, you don’t have enough damage to threaten anything, you randomly mixed in condi gear for whatever reason.

Your trait choices also make no sense, especially for a zerg fight. Why are you picking any traits that activate on a pets f2? You need to keep your pets on passive and use them very situationally, even then they aren’t likely to survive if you are running in the front line. At the very least you should be running resounding timbre to lower your heal.
Also you are running signet of the hunt (25% speed buff) and natural stride (33% speed buff). The speed buffs don’t stack, 33% is all you are going to get, and if you are in a zerg you should have perma swiftness anyway so neither of these are necessary.
If you are running the signet for the 50% damage buff you are running terrible weapons for it. You’d want to use GS for maul or off hand axe, but even then it isn’t worth the utility slot.

You really need to just start from scratch. My suggestion would be to put a kitten ton more damage in your build and stick to the fringes. Harass the enemy back line and pick off the thieves and such that are trying to focus yours. You could try to go as a dedicated front line healer but you will need to drastically change your build to focus on surviving while healing. This means finding the right amount of stability , stun breaks, etc. and massively boosting your vit/toughness. But you’d probably be better off using a ele or even a rev in that roll.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

And that’s the feedback I’m looking for, much appreciated. And not the most uh sensible build, but it has worked just fine for PvE so I didn’t see the point in changing it.

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Taking yours with minimal changes:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNUQJATWnUqA9Ci1CCmsActgFGBjJc9tCAPPhhVLDupeV7qlI9zA-TVUAABGqJICTQxqEkkjAAAHIwERXKJ2T9jLeAAMqD4TVQ4SpUSKRI4CAg1+DvqMA9DBgMaICAgAczbmvtZADdozsNTGgyJA-w

Dumped marksmanship for skirmishing
Changed the trait’s in beast mastery
Changed first druid trait
Changed 2 of your utilities
Changed out the 5 exotic pieces for celestial
Changed out the strength runes for troopers
Changed the sigils on lb/staff (sorry about those agony but they are bad for here)
Added provisioner food

You won’t be front line, more like midline. From your play description that’s what you are anyhow.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

And that’s the feedback I’m looking for, much appreciated. And not the most uh sensible build, but it has worked just fine for PvE so I didn’t see the point in changing it.

Why do you run Signet of the Hunt in this build (traited, nonetheless)- what’s the reason for it? I just don’t understand.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Taking yours with minimal changes:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNUQJATWnUqA9Ci1CCmsActgFGBjJc9tCAPPhhVLDupeV7qlI9zA-TVUAABGqJICTQxqEkkjAAAHIwERXKJ2T9jLeAAMqD4TVQ4SpUSKRI4CAg1+DvqMA9DBgMaICAgAczbmvtZADdozsNTGgyJA-w

Dumped marksmanship for skirmishing
Changed the trait’s in beast mastery
Changed first druid trait
Changed 2 of your utilities
Changed out the 5 exotic pieces for celestial
Changed out the strength runes for troopers
Changed the sigils on lb/staff (sorry about those agony but they are bad for here)
Added provisioner food

You won’t be front line, more like midline. From your play description that’s what you are anyhow.

For zerg fights I’d actually stick with marksmanship over skirmishing just for lead the wind. I hate giving up quickdraw but having the longbow pierce is pretty important when people are blobbing together.

I’d run something more like this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNUQJATWnUqA1CiNsAusActgFCBDurOWbrL7gAQV75LMt6Zl8s0A-TVUAQBJRJyDOCAo7QAgDdAbRZAXUKZSlEiSFEAcgATEyQDRsUCehHAgh0EEBTQNU9jJcBAwy+DBAQACfbzAK0Z2mJEQ5JA-w

between the shouts and swiftness the zerg will provide he really shouldn’t need natural stride, plus the stealth will help to quickly reposition if a thief or ranger starts focusing him. SoS> guard in large scale fights, especially since he can stealth and relocate after using it to compensate for the long cooldown.

@Op
Feel free to mess around with the gear choices. Try out combo’s of valk, cav, zerk, assasin, crusader, knights, and marauder, and mess with different food buffs until the stats work for you.
Also if you decide to stick with the omnomberry food there is a much cheaper version that does the exact same thing. I’m not sure exactly what it’s called, it’s some kind of ice cream and it’s about a quarter of the price.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended