Help me gear Ranger since this patch

in Ranger

Posted by: Deathnote.2891

Deathnote.2891

I’m a veteran MMO player including GW1 but I’m only about a month into this game. Wondered if I could get some advice. With this patch I’m not sure if things I’ve researched are still viable.

I played with a few classes and have ended up with an 80 Warrior and Ranger. I like playing the Ranger more for most things. I’ve always liked the archetype and enjoyed it in GW1 also. I know this game is mostly melee, and I have no problem playing Ranger that way, but I do want to have a longbow based build for WvW roaming. It’s probably my favorite thing to do and playing a Ranger this way is nostalgic for me.

I plan on most likely fully going with Druid when it’s released because I love that type of play too (if it ends up playing how I think it will) but for now would lobe to roll full archer style in open world. My question is, will going full zerker be good still? I know I’ll be squishy but if the damage is enough I can deal with that. But I have very limited game time and therefore limited resources. I can afford to buy a full karma set now but won’t be able to farm enough karma to re-do that any time soon. I start police academy in a week and after that I’ll be playing this for basically an hour or so here and there. I did some grinding to get set up but I have essentially one shot to gear up right for now.

I’m actually currently in full Soldiers gear with Dolyak runes… my damage obviously isn’t high. I was told that would be good for Wvw zerging but I like smaller fights and 1v1 type stuff I’ve been getting into while roaming.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

I’m still sticking with my Power LB build and I seem to do fine too post patch :P

The new WS line helps alot though.