Help needed picking Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: cyst.3108

cyst.3108

Hello guys, first of all, thanks for getting interested on this, now a little story about me and what i have played:

I’m a main Necromancer since beta tests, have tried with awesome results most of the necromancer builds, I really really really love the necro on his condy part because I feel I can do so much damage on so much targets (I’m pointing to you… Epidemic).

Now I have became interested on ranger and it was even my 2nd character, then I created another necro, a Guardian, a Thief, another Necro a mesmer… and yeah… you guessed it… another Necro… the thing is you got me… I love how necros does everything I have an Asura, Silvary, Human, and a Norn necro just because of the looks all of them are Reapers and all… guess what? yeah, I know… no more necro talk here…

Taking the point again, yes, I’m a little tired of the dead things, now I want to master the live and celestial realms of the world, I want to play a ranger, but there are so many questions and builds, that whenever I try to theocratic a build it gets me around 1-2 hours and then I get discouraged because so many options and cant have them “all”, First of all, I’m not interested on having Exotic armor, I have all Ranger weapons on it’s Ascended Versions and a lot of trinkets, so basically, I don’t know if I should have 3 sets of Ascended, like a berzerker/assassin, Magi and Viper. or justa Magi + cony/power set?

Oh, by the way, yeah, I know that with all those sets some could argue that crafting the Legendary armor should be a thing… no.. it isnt… Medium Legendary armor was made by a unhapy intern designer that wanted to get fired of Anet’s team or something like that, SO I would really preffer crafting 10 full ascended Medium armor than that mess. Even the WvW armor seems way more Legendary than that thing…

Ahh last but not least… future expansion, I haven’t gotten the luck to get into details or nothing about the next ranger Xpec so if by any chance you think it will be fun as kitten please leave it on the comments

What do you guys think?

After June 25 im like… 90% happier

in Ranger

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

I’d just treat gearing up as a priority system. If you’re raiding or doing fractals you’ll likely get more ascended boxes than you can possibly use, so just slowly gear up with the rarer sets.

I’d recommend every Druid eventually has the following:

1. Magi’s (Should be top priority if raiding)
  2. Viper’s (Top priority if fractals or open world are your thing)
  3. Minstrel’s (Super good for experienced raiding)
  4. Berserker’s (Great for open world, but lacks in other places).

Niche sets:

1. Apothecary’s (For low man raids – condihealer setup).
  2. Commander’s (I believe this is a thing for power based WvW builds).
  3. Trailblazers (Cheesy but fun for condi based WvW builds).

There are a ton of viable sets, but the top two are really all you need for most PvE content.

in Ranger

Posted by: cyst.3108

cyst.3108

Only 1 comment, come on guys we can do better

After June 25 im like… 90% happier

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I am not entirely sure what you’re asking. Anarii summed up your armor question in a way no one is going to disagree with.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Only 1 comment, come on guys we can do better

Seems like a succinct reply from AnariiUK.7409 to me. How about being slightly more grateful?

OP also seems to want builds, which he is not getting and hence the “we can do better” statement, being very dismissive of the 1 useful reply he gets.

You guys better try harder to please OP.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)