Here I stand...

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: ForgottenBlade.3597

ForgottenBlade.3597

I look across the forums and see defeat, sorrow, and betrayal. I see rangers dropping their bows, lowering their swords, and letting their companions go. I see heads lowered in shame and defeat. Souls crushed by false fruits of promised lies.

But I say NAY! I refuse to undo my bow strings and lower my swords to this adversity. I refuse to turn my back from this challenge and walk away. I am a ranger, nature is my calling, my animal companion by my side. Let the other classes call us weak, let them flaunt there strengths. We will show them our true metal.

I implore all rangers here, the ones whose hearts are broken in these dark times to not give up hope. Not to fall to depression and sorrow. There will always be those dark days when light seems so far away. There will always be those challenges that look to high to reach.

But that is what it means to be alive. To face defeat, dust the dirt from your knees and rise to face the challenge again. The fruits of that success will taste all the better.

Sparrow Silverstar refuses to be laid low, she refuses to allow others to call her useless, and she will not slink off into the darkness. So rise my fellow rangers and lets show them that though we may be neglected, broken, and forgotten; like hell we are without fight, spirit, and the will to succeed.

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

I look across the forums and see defeat, sorrow, and betrayal…

…Uh huh. I see. Braveheart? Aragorn? Maybe Joan of Arc?

I see what you’re trying to do here, but this isn’t a war against a great evil. Its not even a battle of ideals. Its about satisfying customers and a company providing a product; that product being a video game.

So make your virtual stand in your virtual holy place, Lady Typical Fantasyname, and know that someone read your post.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: junglewolf.3957

junglewolf.3957

Well my new warrior will be waiting for you in wvwvw.

grunt with me if you are a yak.

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

I love you forgotten blade! ROFL. I will definitely take this stance in game now, so I’m glad you posted it here for me to see. However, I will remain a man of business here on the forums. We can be spirited and savvy at the same time.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: JMOR.3708

JMOR.3708

It’s okay Forgotten, revenge will be ours.

Over time, Tyria will be subjected to global warming as a side-effect of the industrialization efforts of the Char and humans. The ice-shelf will slowly melt, and in doing so, will set into motion the first step to Ranger global domination.

Entire continents will be swallowed by the rising sea levels, causing massive wars to erupt over the remaining land. Meanwhile Rangers, having evolved to master underwater combat, will band together and begin claiming the recently flooded continents.

Fast forward 100 years.

The population of what is left of surface-Tyria remains weakened from the wars they waged for stable plots of land. Still recovering, they face an enemy they have no hopes of beating. Rangers, by the thousands, begin to assault the remaining land settlements; a flood of human flesh, and pets who can only do one thing at a time. Individual Rangers are bested in combat on land, having not evolved to do anything remotely useful outside of the water, but their sheer numbers make up for it; where one dies, two rangers and four mentally handicapped pets take their place.

Soon enough, all of the world is dominated by Rangers.

[SUNz] BosnianHitman, Devona’s Rest

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Shwizer.7210

Shwizer.7210

I stand beside you………

I double dog dare the powers that be to come at us again. Do your worst come on……….

I will continue to play him till the mobs die from slipping on my blood……………

I will play him till the repair costs force me to prostitute myself in Lion’s Arch for copper………

I will never lay down unless of course I am too close to a mob and they breathe on me and I die but you will see me at the closest waypoint naked and cold but standing for a few seconds

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

Forth! Down fear of darkness! Arise! Arise, Rangers of Tyria! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day… a red day… and the sun rises! Ride now… Ride now… Ride! Ride for ruin and the world’s ending! Death!"

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

I’m in full support of this,i was a ranger in the first game and I refuse to give up on my favorite character just because of one or two bad patches

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Zero.8509

Zero.8509

Mettle*

But indeed! I stand with you, friend. None can challenge our determination as we stand for what we know is true and just! This is only the beginning and these naysayers will rue the day they challenged…the Rangers of Tyria!

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Yes. Ye-e-e-s…. Rise up, my little rangers … Everything is fine… Everything is well… Take your swords… Hold your bows… Fight… Struggle… Hope… Resist…….
Die…..
Bring me your souls………..

Attachments:

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Yzen.1256

Yzen.1256

I’m having some serious deja vu here dating back to the Everquest ranger boards circa 2000-2003.

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Grimjester.3841

Grimjester.3841

Yzen.1256 “I’m having some serious deja vu here dating back to the Everquest ranger boards circa 2000-2003.”

Then you might remember what happened after… Their ungodly damage from bows… snares that lasted forever and roots that were on par with the Druids. If you had no or weak ranged damage, you were as good as dead when facing a Ranger.
They were Gods of PvP .. well almost as Godly as the Bard.

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

I look across the forums and see defeat, sorrow, and betrayal. I see rangers dropping their bows, lowering their swords, and letting their companions go. I see heads lowered in shame and defeat. Souls crushed by false fruits of promised lies.

But I say NAY! I refuse to undo my bow strings and lower my swords to this adversity. I refuse to turn my back from this challenge and walk away. I am a ranger, nature is my calling, my animal companion by my side. Let the other classes call us weak, let them flaunt there strengths. We will show them our true metal.

I implore all rangers here, the ones whose hearts are broken in these dark times to not give up hope. Not to fall to depression and sorrow. There will always be those dark days when light seems so far away. There will always be those challenges that look to high to reach.

But that is what it means to be alive. To face defeat, dust the dirt from your knees and rise to face the challenge again. The fruits of that success will taste all the better.

Sparrow Silverstar refuses to be laid low, she refuses to allow others to call her useless, and she will not slink off into the darkness. So rise my fellow rangers and lets show them that though we may be neglected, broken, and forgotten; like hell we are without fight, spirit, and the will to succeed.

cookie for you

My Ranger stands by your side. Let them come, we shall prevail

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Xander.4539

Xander.4539

This isen’t a fight against something evil, it’s just a struggle to get the devs to see that there might be more wrong with the ranger than meets the eye.

The crappy dmg is just a little part of it all. The somewhat dull abilities is just a little part of it all. The broken class mechanics called pets – with no ability at all to hold a mobs attention for even a second, because of broken aggro management – is a bigger part of it all, for me personally.

So “fight what cannot be fought”, even tho the real threat is in the code. Arenanet, please give us back a viable Shortbow bleed spec.

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

After playing with the skill builders from what I can tell both Warriors and Thieves make better Rangers then Rangers themselves. I’m leaning towards deleting my Ranger and rolling thief and going full P/P, SB and playing it as an archer, who wouldn’t want an invisible Archer. My only issue is Thieves range is 900 with the exception of I think 1 ranged ability, so for actual range a warrior might be the better choice. Oh decisions decisions.

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

After playing with the skill builders from what I can tell both Warriors and Thieves make better Rangers then Rangers themselves. I’m leaning towards deleting my Ranger and rolling thief and going full P/P, SB and playing it as an archer, who wouldn’t want an invisible Archer. My only issue is Thieves range is 900 with the exception of I think 1 ranged ability, so for actual range a warrior might be the better choice. Oh decisions decisions.

Go play a thief. My wolf likes to eat them.

You have my bow Sparrow Silverstar!

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Lies everyone knows your wolf can’t catch a moving target I call shinanagans

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Lies everyone knows your wolf can’t catch a moving target I call shinanagans

Ah, but with hunter’s shot on longbow, he can

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Red Jay.2516

Red Jay.2516

A towering, sinewy figure, accompanied by shaggy grey wolf, steps out from the crowd

Your words are true, Sparrow Silverstar. We shan’t give up, not now! My name is Stigandr the Exile, and my bow is yours!

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

I know exactly what you mean OP.

Everyone! put on your hats and leather coats. Arm your chihuahuas, train your budgerigars, unleash your goldfish.

Today we march on

checks google

10020 Main St # 164, Bellevue, Washington 98004

CHAARGE!

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Kishandreth.2798

Kishandreth.2798

thank you all, I needed the distraction.

My glass cannon, that isnt very cannony or even made of glass will kill for the sake of the rangers. I’ll stand toe to toe with any warrior until we’re both downed… then they pop back up and kill me :/

Let us get good while times are hard, then when times are good, our months of overdeveloping our combat prowess will be unstoppable, until our pets trip over a stick and kill us.

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

It’s okay Forgotten, revenge will be ours.

Over time, Tyria will be subjected to global warming as a side-effect of the industrialization efforts of the Char and humans. The ice-shelf will slowly melt, and in doing so, will set into motion the first step to Ranger global domination.

Entire continents will be swallowed by the rising sea levels, causing massive wars to erupt over the remaining land. Meanwhile Rangers, having evolved to master underwater combat, will band together and begin claiming the recently flooded continents.

Fast forward 100 years.

The population of what is left of surface-Tyria remains weakened from the wars they waged for stable plots of land. Still recovering, they face an enemy they have no hopes of beating. Rangers, by the thousands, begin to assault the remaining land settlements; a flood of human flesh, and pets who can only do one thing at a time. Individual Rangers are bested in combat on land, having not evolved to do anything remotely useful outside of the water, but their sheer numbers make up for it; where one dies, two rangers and four mentally handicapped pets take their place.

Soon enough, all of the world is dominated by Rangers.

Ooooh, Quaggan likes you.

We’ll own it up in Guild Wars 3!

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

My Ranger will be killed along side you….i guess, one day my pet will be smart enough to be along side us as well

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The horde of righteous Rangers rises up only to be back-stabbed and 100bladed back into quiet submission. Twiddling their thumbs, they hope the powers that be will grant them some slight reprieve, but none ever comes…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

To quote Adelbern, GW2 resident master of the last stand:
“Retreat? Retreat is not an option!”
“We will never surrender! Never!”

And then every Ranger simultaneously breaks their bow/sword/axe and explodes in a blazing green light, instantly killing everyone around them in addition to becoming ghosts giving all wildlife permanent swiftness and frenzy.

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Zox.5964

Zox.5964

On I suppose a plus, rangers could become so scarce that in pvp players will not be used to playing against them and so they will not know how to counter them effectively, not that it takes the biggest effort currently XP

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

..Are you high?

Anyways, I still love my ranger.

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

Here I stand...

in Ranger

Posted by: Engel Angel.9076

Engel Angel.9076

I look across the forums and see defeat, sorrow, and betrayal…

…Uh huh. I see. Braveheart? Aragorn? Maybe Joan of Arc?

I see what you’re trying to do here, but this isn’t a war against a great evil. Its not even a battle of ideals. Its about satisfying customers and a company providing a product; that product being a video game.

So make your virtual stand in your virtual holy place, Lady Typical Fantasyname, and know that someone read your post.

No sooner had this lowborn spoken, than a sudden pain seared through his right leg, making him lose his balance and fall flat on his back. As he was trying to get his head back up, the last thing his fear-filled eyes saw, beside the silver tipped and feathered arrow now replacing what was once his knee, was the razor sharp claws of a snow leopard going straight for his face…
As the beast’s white, almost silver colored fur coat was slowly turning red with the blood of it’s meal, a figure emerged from the crowd of commoners.
Her celestial white clothes adorned with gold linings and ornaments, as well as the way the crowd was respectfully making way for her, left little doubt as to her place in society. Alysee Angel’s purple eyes looked straight at Sparrow Silverstar’s and stood still for a moment…then, as if satisfied by what she saw, she turned around and disappeared back into the crowd.
As she looked back to the corpse, Sparrow absentmindedly noted that the snow leopard had disappeared as well: She turned back to the crowd and proceeded back to rallying her fellow rangers, with the quiet satisfaction of knowing that the Angelic Blades would be there when the time would come.

Oh, and IMO, and unless I miss understood what you implied:

…His a true statement…harsh, but true.
But:

…Now that’s going to far. Everybody enjoy gaming in there own way. You may not agree with it, but that doesn’t make you any more right than the next guy.

All of the above as been said in a light-hearted way, I don’t mean to offend anyone K? ^^

Attachments:

“A single picture is worth a thousand words”

(edited by Engel Angel.9076)