Hi. I wanna be a pet person.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ramiah.5648

Ramiah.5648

Hello. I have often wanted to be a Ranger because I like pets, and wanted to do a build centered on Nature magic with the summoning of spirits and my faithful companion, of course.
Then people made me sad by informing me that spirits are… not so good. Doing my own research, I had to concur.
But that was a long time ago. Are spirits better now? Could I make a build around summoning spirits and also having a powerful pet?

Thy faithful servant asketh for thy blessing. Honor us with the splendor of thy song.
Protect us… Holy Song!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Pets yes, in some situations. Spirits, meh.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shard.4372

Shard.4372

Spirits are amazing in groups if you can keep them alive, otherwise it is just a waste. If you can use them right you can always have them out and with up to a 50% to apply their boon/condition. If you’re running solo the trait Spirits Unbound is a necessity.

Xian Mistlock, 80 Herald
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: [EDGE] Journeys Edge

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

Spirits are amazing in groups if you can keep them alive, otherwise it is just a waste. If you can use them right you can always have them out and with up to a 50% to apply their boon/condition. If you’re running solo the trait Spirits Unbound is a necessity.

keyword “alive”, in all my time of GW2 i haven’t seen a single spirit ranger lol, that is how bad spirits are.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Spirit rangers were very common in beta … until arenanet nerfed them to death (which they’ve admitted to doing).

We’re told they are looking at them in order to bring them back up to a level where people will use them again and be successful for doing so.

The last few patches have added minor things, but they are not there yet.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Nothing has changed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Anything goes in PvE, and in some dungeons sprits can be useful as well, as long as you can place them out of harms way. But in anything PvP, forget about it.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Ranger

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Wait for the patch. Then decide.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

I think that’s what the guy was asking about.
He’s been waiting since launch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ramiah.5648

Ramiah.5648

I think that’s what the guy was asking about.
He’s been waiting since launch.

I’m embarrassed to admit, this is basically true LOL. I love the concept behind spirit ranger, but I’d rather not get laughed at when people see me stroll up with my 3-4 spirits and pet.
Perhaps this patch will bring the fun build I think I would enjoy up into the level of viability.

Thy faithful servant asketh for thy blessing. Honor us with the splendor of thy song.
Protect us… Holy Song!