Hide in Plain Sight

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

I just recently put this back on my bar. Last night it was the source of a couple of laughs ……plus the anticipation of a hacker accusation.

I fought a sniper GC Ranger twice last night maybe a minute between fights. Both times I killed her she used the stun abilty from the downed state. Both times I went into stealth and got an easy stomp from stealth …I felt like a Thief !

Worked very well. Like I said though, to happen twice in a minute I thought for sure I would be accused of something.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

(edited by Forzani.2584)

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

Personally I think it’s terrible, since you cannot move or else it will be removed.

They should change it to Stealth rather than Camouflage.

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

The point of it is not to stealth you, it’s to force your opponent to drop target and have to reacquire it. In a large battle it’s godly if someone is focusing you.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

(edited by capuchinseven.8395)

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

The point of it is not to stealth you, it’s to force your opponent to drop target and have to reacquire it. Ikittenerg it’s godly if someone is focusing you.

But they changed how stealth functions, don’t you stay targeted when you re-emerge from stealth now?

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

capuchinseven.8395

The point of it is not to stealth you, it’s to force your opponent to drop target and have to reacquire it. Ikittenerg it’s godly if someone is focusing you.

But they changed how stealth functions, don’t you stay targeted when you re-emerge from stealth now?

Not that I’m aware of, pets will still hold agro on a target which is good for us vs thieves but you still loose target I believe.

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

There’s 2 traits at work though when she uses stun and it transfers to your pet, hide in plain sight and shared anguish

Shaed anguish transfers the cc to your pet allowing you to stay invis’d from hide in plain sight which results in the effect.

WS is lovely, except for EB now

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

Posted by: Linkisdead.9647

Linkisdead.9647

IMO shared anguish and hide in plain sight are our most valuable traits.

Is there anything better than a guardians aoe knockback hitting everyone but you, knocking them all back while you just stomp him. Glorious.

BTW they don’t work in conjunction from what I’ve seen. Everytime the stun/KD goes to my pet from SA, then the next one makes you go invis. One stun ignore is valuable, having the second one is just beautiful.

Sig
[sYn] Borlis Pass

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

It is a life saver. Coupled with Shared Anguish it tends to be the difference between between winning and losing duals against many classes that rely on stuns to setup their spike/burst (more so if those classes catch you off guard. Most ranger builds in general, once engaged, have enough dodge potential for make the need for such traits less glaringly obvious).

It’s probably one of our more obvious (as well as better) combination of traits (the other being trap traits).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

capuchinseven.8395

Is there anything better than a guardians aoe knockback hitting everyone but you, knocking them all back while you just stomp him. Glorious.

BTW they don’t work in conjunction from what I’ve seen. Everytime the stun/KD goes to my pet from SA, then the next one makes you go invis. One stun ignore is valuable, having the second one is just beautiful.

Are you sure? It never used to be that way I don’t think.

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Natural Vigor is also very useful . . . also been able to use “Soften the Fall” on defensive moments at gates in WvW – drop on them to immobilize so someone can drop area effects on the now-unmoving people.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Natural Vigor is also very useful . . . also been able to use “Soften the Fall” on defensive moments at gates in WvW – drop on them to immobilize so someone can drop area effects on the now-unmoving people.

I never thought of that, that’s a good idea. RaO + SoS/Protect Me and you won’t even take damage, so long as no one strips your stability buff. There’s a tip for the Ranger guild, one guy leaps off the wall for the CC, and everyone else gets ready to rain down massive AoE barrage

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

capuchinseven.8395

Natural Vigor is an amazing trait, probably our best.

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Natural Vigor is an amazing trait, probably our best.

Ehh, I’d say it depends which aspect you are looking at. Defensively it is one of our better traits.
But offensively I’d say Trap Potency is our best trait as it makes one of damage sources literally 100% more effective than untraited. The only thing that make that any less true is for people that don’t want to run traps, but overall it is a very strong trait in general for how effective it is.

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

capuchinseven.8395

I’d say it a personal thing really, but I’d still take NV over just about all our traits for rank of our best. FAR more than Trap Potency, you’re not accounting for the fact that NV is a 5 point trait which means that in theory just about any build could take it.

I’d even say the same for Zephyr’s Speed.

Hide in Plain Sight

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I’d say it a personal thing really, but I’d still take NV over just about all our traits for rank of our best. FAR more than Trap Potency, you’re not accounting for the fact that NV is a 5 point trait which means that in theory just about any build could take it.

I’d even say the same for Zephyr’s Speed.

Yeah true, I wasn’t factoring in how far down you had to trait to pick up certain things, and was just looking at them as individual trait effects.

I can see how very good 5-15 point options can add up and create a less pigeonholed build in terms of roles it can perform.
Personally I do play a lot of trap ranger in Spvp though so I admittedly have some sort of bias towards things I tend to use more.