Hide pet while in combat...

in Ranger

Posted by: MarTn.3810

MarTn.3810

Why isn’t this possible to do? Sometimes pets are just annoying as hell. They retaliate when mobs attack you unless you switch them to passive-mode, they can accidentally pull mobs and they can screw up a lot of strategies.

Why can’t we indefinitely disable them if we wish to do so?

in Ranger

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

If there was a way to do that (with compensation for the lost dmg of course) ranger would be a lot more popular I guess. It is amazingly silly for developers to not to do this eons ago.

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Because if this was possible, players could exploit to avoid pet getting damaged.

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

It’d require changing how the stow pet function works. Right now, if your pet is pooped out because a you got a jump scare from a perma stealth thief it triggers all pet swap traits. Stowing your pet also completely removes it from existence, but doesn’t have a cooldown like pet swapping, so stowing your pet would be a free way to remove all conditions and damage from it. Being able to full restore your pet when you break combat is a trick you can do surprisingly often in PvP, PvE I’d just like to be able to stow my pet so I can skip HoT enemies more easily/cleanly. But because stow is so similar to pet swapping, it would be a little dangerous to have it available during combat.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Because if this was possible, players could exploit to avoid pet getting damaged.

Atm Warriors can abuse it, because pet can’t dodge/evade F1 skills, so they 100% can clear condi+buff themselves from f1 against rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Atm Warriors can abuse it, because pet can’t dodge/evade F1 skills, so they 100% can clear condi+buff themselves from f1 against rangers.

As well as thieves getting a free and easy target for CnD. Or if we use stealth, it just follows us around as well, totally visible.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Basically you’re allowed all the downsides and very few upsides…