High Survivability build(HELP)

in Ranger

Posted by: GodSpeedFist.8642

GodSpeedFist.8642

Anyone can suggest a high survivability build at the same time does a lot of damage viable for PvE and mostly for WvW roaming…

also know of a guy who uses sword/dagger with great effectiveness… can you give me the link??

Cecilla Alcotte(Ranger)
Fatina Flameheart(Elementalist)
GodSpeedFist(Thief)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Any build with WS/NM/BM traits setup.
Mike Floryan
https://www.youtube.com/user/kaybosh44/videos

in Ranger

Posted by: GodSpeedFist.8642

GodSpeedFist.8642

any idea what armor combinations to acquire or if not atleast get the same amount of stats like maurader’s amulet in pvp?

Cecilla Alcotte(Ranger)
Fatina Flameheart(Elementalist)
GodSpeedFist(Thief)

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

BM isn’t really required for survivability.

NM and WS are however. They also work very well together. I’m curious about Druid traitline because that might be the best 3rd choice.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

@GodSpeedFist.8642
Very much depends on your build and weapons….

@Holland.9351
BM is not a must, but i do think taunt is one of the best acive tools for both oofence and defence.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

@Holland.9351
BM is not a must, but i do think taunt is one of the best acive tools for both oofence and defence.

Yep it can be useful. But Marksmanip has Enlargement and Skirmishing has Quick Draw, Primal Reflexes and Strider’s Defense. All 3 lines could be used in defensive builds to some extend and I think there is no objective winner between the 3. WS and NM are not questionable.

I think WS NM and Skirmishing with Sword+Dagger should be the most survivable. Although I must say, BM has Resounding Timbre which can give both permanent Regeneration and remove conditions with Rune of the Trooper/Soldier.

(edited by Holland.9351)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I think WS NM and Skirmishing with Sword+Dagger should be the most survivable. Although I must say, BM has Resounding Timbre which can give both permanent Regeneration and remove conditions with Rune of the Trooper/Soldier.

Rune of the Trooper/Soldier makes sense only if you intend to play Shout Build.
Most of PvP skirmishers use survival skills. So by making use of the Rune that cleanses 1 condi you sacrifice a slot for survival skill that cleanses 2.

Empathic Bond is slightly an RNG and counter-productive. I only take it for builds where I have no other choice.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAT8YnEqAlsgtsA+CCctgBOhy/7B4w/XYxb4eYr0AokF1F-T1DFABVfEAOUlA70B0kyo2eAgmAAOIAFqqyVKBF4CAgkSjY2f4R1AcSJSiqQomGhAAIA38mZz2MYoDdoDdoDtbezhO0bO0SB41yI-w

This is the build i use in solo roaming, it’s probably the most versatile build you can have with high suvavibility and damage

I won’t explain much my choices (stats are quiet a personal feeling, you can change damage and toughness like you want) since the build speak for itself i think : lots of evades, lots of cleans, high boons duration uptime, perma speed, high mobility etc.

In top of that, you can’t loose vs thief, like, really. It’s a hard counter to condi builds (you’ll still have to pay a specific attention to high condi builds which can also steal your boons).

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

First up I think the you should not use exactly the same build for both pve and wvw roaming. But you can adapt the same sort of build/stats to both.

I have been favouring sinister condition builds in Pve recently as well as wvw roaming and here is what I do. the first build is the pve variation.

Sinister Axe Torch this is for open world/events etc. and for dudgeons you would change it to this

If you ran this in wvw while you would clear camps very very quickly you will likely be killed easily. So you keep a set of celestial or rabid trinkets and a short bow in you bag you could change your build to:

condi Short bow/axe-torch you could also use SB/A-D or SB/S-T depending on what you like.

If you never wanted to change you build you could use the roaming build I pve but you don’t needed that much defence.

The blank utility could be any of the signets, “sic’em” another survival skill.

(edited by Eggyokeo.9705)