Hilt Bash

Hilt Bash

in Ranger

Posted by: Gufuu.6384

Gufuu.6384

This is related to WvW and PvP. I have trouble actually getting number 5 greatsword Hilt Bash attack to hit anything. Does anyone else think that this skill has usability issues? Seriously, I doubt you can hit any target with it since you cant move while doing it, and pretty much all player targets are moving non-stop. Even if you were to swoop in and use this skill you would probably miss. On rare occasions do I find it to be useful. What do you guys think about it?

Ranger
Playing since headstart.

Hilt Bash

in Ranger

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

Nah. It executes pretty quick, and it has a slight dash element to it. People who are simply strafing arn’t fast enough to avoid it. It’s true it’s hard to hit runners with it. I find using the cripple-throw (from #4) makes it a lot easier to land on runners.

Hilt Bash

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It needs a longer range. It’s great when someone is actively pounding on you, but when you’re chasing a runner and need to interrupt a heal it has a lot of limitations.

Hilt Bash

in Ranger

Posted by: Gufuu.6384

Gufuu.6384

Yeah you can still hit people with it but for a close combat weapon it makes no sense to me for a practical weapon skill to have to rely so heavily on other skills just to execute it properly. I find that I have to rely on my other utility skills like chills, cripples, or my pet cc to really pull it off, or I have to wait until they are already knocked down to hit them.

Anyway, this is just a pet peeve of mine recently.

Ranger
Playing since headstart.

(edited by Gufuu.6384)

Hilt Bash

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

It’s odd, because even if you use swoop to close the gap on runners, hilt bash has difficulty hitting:

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

Hilt Bash

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Yea, Hilt Bash is a kitten to land, you have to be pretty much on top of the person to do it..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos