HoM Pets

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Cassondra.9387

Cassondra.9387

There are several pets (4 – I think) that require HoM points from GW1 to get. Examples are the Black Widow, Rainbow Jellyfish and Black Moa. I know Arenanet wants to reward GW players with something in-game but there should be an alternative method for non-GW players to find and charm these pet types. I have all of the terrestrial, aquatic and amphibious pets in game. I only need the ones awarded with the HoM points. Rangers should have a way to get all of the pets in game without playing another game to qualify for in game pets.

What does everyone think?

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Nope. As someone who worked for these pets in a game I didn’t even like, they better remain unique to the way I earned them. They don’t have any unique abilities, they are basically just a skin.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Yvilthi.5413

Yvilthi.5413

what annoys me the most is not the long grind in GW2 (have them all) but that these pets are completely BS…
The stats are not good compaired to the normal juvinile pets

Yvilthi lvl 80 human Ranger
Yv Ilthi lvl 80 human Mesmer

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Lothair.8942

Lothair.8942

I was actually able to tame a Black Moa – it was probably a bug in the system. There was an event mob that called them to assist and when they showed up, it gave me the option to “charm” prior to them starting to attack me, so I did and now I have one!

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Frog.8217

Frog.8217

no to this. the whole point of HoM was to reward the veterans of GW1.

also, they are purely cosmetics (not even the original pets they are mimicking are that good ).

Kalevala – Far Shiver Peaks

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

The HoM pets are only unique skins, all HoM pets share their active skill with a non-reward pet. So, no let the GW1 vets who worked for their rewards have their cosmetic shinies.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Wrei Mors Les.8406

Wrei Mors Les.8406

^true, so naturally they should only have the same stats right? Well not so for the Black Widow, its stats appear to all be at default minimun where all normal pets have one or two lines with a bonus (like +vitality for bears/Spiders). Its normal equivalent: Jungle spider (with the immobilising fangs F2) had just under double minimun Vitality stat. I can only hope this is a bug due for future fix.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

The rainbow jellyfish shares the exact same skin as the blue jellyfish. I was sad when I saw this I’m hoping it’s a bug.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

As people have said they are basically just reskins. Also I am pretty sure anybody can sue them in sPvP.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

Nope, I have to agree that I’d prefer these remain GW1 exclusives.

If you’d like to get them in GW2… play GW1 until you get the HoM awards that allow them.

I say this as a GW1 player who isn’t even close to having those awards.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Melana.8345

Melana.8345

These pets provide no functionality that you do not have with other pets – they’re reward skins that recognise effort from prior play.

In the case of the BW Spider – it’s currently a crippled reskin with broken stats (it has rougly half the vitality of the pet it was reskinned from), which means that using it is making things harder for yourself. Which is a shame, because I loved the skin – but the spider just dies too easily compared to what it was supposed to be based on.

The people that have them earned them. GW1 is still available and played – you can do the same work to earn them that other players have already done if you really wanted them.

If they provided a power bonus or unique skills you didn’t have access to any other way, I can understand being upset about not having them. They don’t…thus they’re in my opinion a reasonable way to reward fans of the franchise without penalising new players – what reward would you have had them give instead, nothing at all?

Despaired Ranger: Crafted The Dreamer, lost range, lost GS condi damage for synergy.
Pet AI awful. Sword root+Aussie latency unmanagable. Lost playstyle, lost legendary, given up.
Mell: 80 Asura Guardian (+7 other 80s) | Aus Serenity [AUS] | Jade Quarry

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

We get no advantage over other players. These pets only have different skins and even broken stats at the moment.

HoM rewards were announced ~1 year ago, if you wanted to have them so badly you had ~1 year to claim them. Even if you didn’t I don’t see how having a different skin can be such a problem.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

YOU CANT HAVE MY WHITE RAVEN OR BLACK MOA >:/
Even if I rarely ever if not never use them, They’re mine!

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Redrobin.5627

Redrobin.5627

The black moa can be found in game. I’m not sure if this is a bug or not but it is out there.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Drakken.3427

Drakken.3427

I’ve heard of people finding the black moa in-game.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

As said above they are rewards, if you want them that bad then play gw1, it is still there and people are still playing it.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Yoshinaro.3815

Yoshinaro.3815

I have no problem with HoM Getting rewards but why do it to rangers? why take away pets by all means give you guys weapons and armour but taking pets away from rangers? at least let us get them at some level 80 area or something and let the Gw1 players start with them

No Gods Or Kings Only Norn

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Skolvikings.5132

Skolvikings.5132

I have no problem with HoM Getting rewards but why do it to rangers? why take away pets by all means give you guys weapons and armour but taking pets away from rangers? at least let us get them at some level 80 area or something and let the Gw1 players start with them

I agree with this. Besides, how much of a reward is this for GW1 players with zero interest in playing a ranger?

Even if you keep the current rewards, don’t display them as normal pets. I feel sorry for the casual ranger who doesn’t read the forums, busy spending his/her time trying to find a pet they’ll never get. At the very least, add them as a special but separate area of the pet panel, clearly marked as an HoM reward pet.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

I agree with this. Besides, how much of a reward is this for GW1 players with zero interest in playing a ranger?

Even if you keep the current rewards, don’t display them as normal pets. I feel sorry for the casual ranger who doesn’t read the forums, busy spending his/her time trying to find a pet they’ll never get. At the very least, add them as a special but separate area of the pet panel, clearly marked as an HoM reward pet.

I don’t understand. You don’t need to be a ranger in GW1 to earn all the necessary points in HoM, and if you’re not interested in playing a ranger in GW2, then this shouldn’t bother you at all. You’re not missing out on anything.

This would be a slap to the face for their GW1 players if they made HoM rewards available to everyone. It took some people in GW1 YEARS to get the legendary “God Walking Among Mere Mortals” (GWAMM) title. If it bothers you that much, buy GW1 and earn the points yourself.

When I read back in January 2012 that GW2 would be doing this “HoM” thing, I immediately knew I HAD to have all of this stuff, so I bought GW1 and got 30/50 HoM points. You had the same opportunity, and you still do.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

They already said before GW2 that these would be unique GW1 rewards you couldn’t get elsewhere.
Heck – once the game slows down a bit, I’m even thinking of going back to GW1 as well for a while to ramp up more HoM points than what I managed to get the month before GW2.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

None of them are usable. They are weak actually. No feline(sigh) nor bear(sigh). I played and spent A LOT of time on GW1. We (gw1 players) that have got to 30 HoM points KNOW how hard we worked for that. So no, u cant have them. Its only for US.

Peace

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

Oh, and when i saw HoM on GW hotsite. I had only 5 HoM points. I got back to GW1 then and finished all business i had to get the 30/50.
Its hard, it takes time, it takes dedication, and MONEY.
U dont played it? Buy and play it then.

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Yoshinaro.3815

Yoshinaro.3815

Oh, and when i saw HoM on GW hotsite. I had only 5 HoM points. I got back to GW1 then and finished all business i had to get the 30/50.
Its hard, it takes time, it takes dedication, and MONEY.
U dont played it? Buy and play it then.

I see my post hit a few nerves i mean no disrespect to the people that put alot of work into guild wars 1. but as i said before what i was commenting on was the pets nothing else In HoM. what i was trying to explain was HoM does not affect warriors or Necros it takes nothing away from them but when i open my pet page im always going to see those few pets i cant collect.

No Gods Or Kings Only Norn

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: midnitdragoon.8419

midnitdragoon.8419

It would be nice if there was a option to buy them from online store. I myself have GW1 but haven’t played it since it first came out. Dont see whats the big deal of paying for it in the future. I have money, I am sure they’d like to have more more of it.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Skolvikings.5132

I don’t understand. You don’t need to be a ranger in GW1 to earn all the necessary points in HoM, and if you’re not interested in playing a ranger in GW2, then this shouldn’t bother you at all. You’re not missing out on anything.

This would be a slap to the face for their GW1 players if they made HoM rewards available to everyone. It took some people in GW1 YEARS to get the legendary “God Walking Among Mere Mortals” (GWAMM) title. If it bothers you that much, buy GW1 and earn the points yourself.

When I read back in January 2012 that GW2 would be doing this “HoM” thing, I immediately knew I HAD to have all of this stuff, so I bought GW1 and got 30/50 HoM points. You had the same opportunity, and you still do.

What I meant was let’s say I earned the HoM points in GW1, but I don’t want to play a ranger in GW2. I wouldn’t appreciate the pet rewards.

I’m all for GW1 rewards in GW2 like GWAMM. That’s cool and I don’t resent it in the slightest. But I’m not sure I get the pet rewards. Hey, it’s my opinion. You’re entitled to yours, and me to mine.

Btw, I didn’t even know about GW2 in January.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

What I meant was let’s say I earned the HoM points in GW1, but I don’t want to play a ranger in GW2. I wouldn’t appreciate the pet rewards.

I’m all for GW1 rewards in GW2 like GWAMM. That’s cool and I don’t resent it in the slightest. But I’m not sure I get the pet rewards. Hey, it’s my opinion. You’re entitled to yours, and me to mine.

Btw, I didn’t even know about GW2 in January.

There’s 10 titles, 3 entire armor sets, 2 fancy gloves, 1 fancy mask anyone can wear, 1 of every weapon, and 4 mini pets, it you aren’t a ranger you still have a vast amount of stuff to use.

No, I don’t think you should get our HoM pets unless you go earn them like we did, it’s not like they’re even that goo anyway, the only ones not utterly crippled by low vit are the jelly and the black Moa…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Skolvikings.5132

I get what you’re saying. I’m not even asking to get HoM pets really. I just don’t agree with their decision to use Ranger pets as HoM rewards in the first place. Oh well, what’s done is done.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: morganabanana.3517

morganabanana.3517

The better option might be to simply hide the empty pet slots for the HoM pets. So people without them won’t feel like they are missing.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Dark.6083

Dark.6083

The HoM rewards are all cosmetic – skins for armor and weapons.
Pets are ranger weapons. They haven’t “done something” specifically to rangers.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

The HoM pets need to have the same stats as their normal counterparts. Compare the Black Widow to the Juvenile <insert type here> Spider and you’ll notice a large disparity between – I believe it was – the Vigor of the Juvenile and the Vigor of the Widow.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

The HoM pets need to have the same stats as their normal counterparts. Compare the Black Widow to the Juvenile <insert type here> Spider and you’ll notice a large disparity between – I believe it was – the Vigor of the Juvenile and the Vigor of the Widow.

Yeah… Widows is significantly worse…

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

what annoys me the most is not the long grind in GW2 (have them all) but that these pets are completely BS…

They shouldn’t be any better then the other pets. They should only be pure cosmetic. If they were more powerful then the other pets then it would force people like myself to buy GW1 just to get the best pet for the best dps. I’m a little bummed I can’t get the white raven but I can live with that because it’s no different then the black one other then it’s color.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

They shouldn’t be any better then the other pets. They should only be pure cosmetic. If they were more powerful then the other pets then it would force people like myself to buy GW1 just to get the best pet for the best dps. I’m a little bummed I can’t get the white raven but I can live with that because it’s no different then the black one other then it’s color.

The problem has nothing to do with the HoM pets not being BETTER than the Juvenile pets. It has everything to do with the fact that the HoM pets are WORSE than the Juvenile pets.

HoM pets have lower stats than Juvenile pets.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

The problem has nothing to do with the HoM pets not being BETTER than the Juvenile pets. It has everything to do with the fact that the HoM pets are WORSE than the Juvenile pets.

HoM pets have lower stats than Juvenile pets.

I agree they should be equal.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Pug.7564

Pug.7564

I propose that Arenanet removes the little greyed out boxes from the pet panel if you don’t have the HoM pets. If you’re not paying for and playing an entirely different game, there is no way to get them, and they will always stay greyed out and the panel will feel unfinished. Just remove those grey boxes and I’ll be fine not thinking about it.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Dark.6083

Dark.6083

If you’re not paying for and playing an entirely different game, there is no way to get them, and they will always stay greyed out and the panel will feel unfinished.

Isn’t that the point?

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Wulfsbayne.8401

Wulfsbayne.8401

I for one do not have the HoM pets, and yep, they are the only ones I am missing as well. Looking at those grayed out boxes is almost enough to make me think about going out and getting the GW1 xpacs and working my points up enough to get them, and FOR THAT REASON ALONE Arena Net needs to leave them in place. Yes, it feels incomplete to me. Yes I wish I had them, but the people that DO have them put in a lot of time, effort and DESERVE them, even if they do need tweaking.

If those blank spots bother you bad enough you will eventually get the earlier game and get the points needed to fill them up. If you do not want to play Gw1 enough to get those points, it does not bother you bad enough. I will NEVER ask to cheapen what the players of GW1 achieved just so I can say I have every pet in the game if I do not put the same effort into it =D

Main: Dariak Wulfsbayne (Norn Ranger)
Proud member of [OMFG]

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Wulfsbayne.8401

Wulfsbayne.8401

Honestly, those that DID get it in that manner got it because of a bug (it has since been removed), and there are still several others that can’t be gained in this manner.

To be honest, I doubt it will happen but after seeing a post like this I would get a HUGE chuckle if in the next round of patch notes it said “Black Moas removed from rangers without HoM access to it”. Just sayin.

Main: Dariak Wulfsbayne (Norn Ranger)
Proud member of [OMFG]

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Honestly, those that DID get it in that manner got it because of a bug (it has since been removed), and there are still several others that can’t be gained in this manner.

To be honest, I doubt it will happen but after seeing a post like this I would get a HUGE chuckle if in the next round of patch notes it said “Black Moas removed from rangers without HoM access to it”. Just sayin.

all they’d have to do is make it so all Black Moas are rolled back (IE no one has one tamed anymore) because the people who have the HoM can just go back to it and tame another one.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: ELement.6759

ELement.6759

I realy dont like those empty holes in my collection of pets. I cant complete it, and its still there. I hope they remove those pets from that menu to another special menu.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Gods Knight.4936

Gods Knight.4936

So did they fix the black moa tame ‘bug’ yet?

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

YOU SHALL NOT HAVE MY PETS.

HoM Pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

The solution – and Arenanet should have done this from the start – is to hide the panes of things you cannot collect. It is just a kick in the teeth to the collector types (thankfully I am not one, but MMO’s do have a tendency to attract them) to have panes that cannot be filled. It’s like giving a boy a sticker book where there will always be a couple of pages impossible to fill. Just have it so those pages only show up when you DO have the sticker. This isn’t an issue of wanting GW1 pets its an issue of completionism.