HoM pets not exclusive in pvp?

in Ranger

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I found this very strange, but I always thought the black widow, the white raven, etc. were kind of a fun skin to show off for people who played Guild Wars 1, I especially like to use my white raven in pvp.

However, I found out yesterday that in pvp that the HoM pets are given to all players despite their HoM points. The pets are the same as let’s say the normal raven, jungle spider, etc. why give them to all players if they;’re just a skin you have to earn?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

They give them to all players in sPvP to maintain balance, for example, if you were a GW1 player you’d be able to run 2 spiders who both have an immobilize F2 due to the black widow. However if they were exclusive a non GW1 player would NEVER be able to.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

They give them to all players in sPvP to maintain balance, for example, if you were a GW1 player you’d be able to run 2 spiders who both have an immobilize F2 due to the black widow. However if they were exclusive a non GW1 player would NEVER be able to.

That makes more sense, I was kinda wondering why they did that, so it was basically like gw1 players being able to run two jungle spiders, two ravens, etc.?

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

That makes more sense, I was kinda wondering why they did that, so it was basically like gw1 players being able to run two jungle spiders, two ravens, etc.?

Yes, which is quite a big advantage imo, by running 2 jungle spiders you can effectively immob someone for ~18s straight with malicious training, whereas without a second one it’d max out at 13 or 14s.

Not to mention Ravens have one of the highest single target bursts of our pets (if not the highest) so dual raven would also be very advantageous over non GW1 players etc.

As much as i like showing off my black moa in PvE/WvW just cause i played GW1 a lot with a black moa, i am happy that it’s balanced in sPvP.

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

As far as i know, its impossible to equip the black widow and the jungle spider.

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

As far as i know, its impossible to equip the black widow and the jungle spider.

That’s false, you can have both at the same time, I’ve done it all the time, same with the pink flamingo and the black Moa, and the white and black ravens.

You can use both in any aspect of the game so long as you’ve got both available.

in Ranger

Posted by: Captaine Fox.8632

Captaine Fox.8632

You can use the basic pets and their Hall of Monument counterparts at the same time, but their F2 skills share cooldown.

Kol Summer

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

You can use the basic pets and their Hall of Monument counterparts at the same time, but their F2 skills share cooldown.

yes. The F2 CD sharing was introduced a while back though.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

The f2 skills between both pets share a cooldown however, so it’s useless.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

That doesn’t sound useless to me. If a pet dies, you basically get a revive instead of being forced to switch to another type of pet.

They should allow us to equip the same pet in both slots for this very reason.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

except that it doesn’t… i’ve been using dual moas since that change, dual ravens, and dual immob spider since then and have NEVER had an issue with the F2 skills.

However, the Spiders and Ravens are bugged and the F2 skill LOOKS like it’s on CD, but they really aren’t, even go in game and check for yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

You ckittene the basic pets and their Hall of Monument counterparts at the same time, but their F2 skills share cooldown.

except that it doesn’t… i’ve been using dual moas since that change, dual ravens, and dual immob spider since then and have NEVER had an issue with the F2 skills.

However, the Spiders and Ravens are bugged and the F2 skill LOOKS like it’s on CD, but they really aren’t, even go in game and check for yourself.

HUH. Yeah I thought the ravens shared a cooldown. Very good to know.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Durzlla is right. Although they appear to be on CD, these perceived “shared cool downs” actually are not shared between dual ravens or jungle and black widow spiders. Which means you can do a raven F2 → swap → raven F2.