HoT longbow changes.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Panncakez.1290

Panncakez.1290

Soooo, projectile speed buff is a baseline in upcoming trait changes, but what about “Eagle Eye’s” 5% dmg and 300 range increase, is it removed or a baseline aswell?

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Range increase will be baseline. 5% damage increase? Who knows…

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

5% damage wasn’t mentioned, I believe it goes away.
The velocity and range increase are baseline.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

The isn’t a big deal considering we’ll finally be able to run all the relevant perks for LB.

They could always add it in to the piercing perk if we’re that concerned about it, we won’t know until they release the new spec lines.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Fun news: These aren’t HoT changes, they’re coming to everyone before the expansion is released.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Fun news: These aren’t HoT changes, they’re coming to everyone before the expansion is released.

^

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

How many people will even run marksmanship with lb after patch? Probably same number that make this same post about no more +300 lb range.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

How many people will even run marksmanship with lb after patch? Probably same number that make this same post about no more +300 lb range.

im not even sure , if i will i only went into marksman for predators instinct and PoS though there are some better choices now though i do like the CC/Damage build set up but i will be for sure keeping the revamped SotF.

in my build the base 1500yards is a buff , i’ve never really used RtW or eagle eye currently due to spotter and PoS.

but lead the wind is very tempting.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Even though there will be few reasons to, assuming we’ll have like 4 new viable and much more effective builds, there will still be quite a few.

Much more room for utility or defense will be open since all the needed traits were made baseline or merged into 1 grandmaster trait.
So Bearbows will still have the answer in Marksmanship. And we all know the number of bearbows out there.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Aerathnor.8305

It will be necessary for running lb with a zerg so your arrows pierce (unless they baselined that without me knowing).

Otherwise it opens up 0/6/6/6/0, or even LB BM builds.

Edit:Autocorrect Fail

(edited by Aerathnor.8305)

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Aeranthor – they merged it into
Lead the Wind (Arrows Pierce, 20% recharge, 10% att speed)
- Grandmaster Trait

And yep, the build possibilities are going to be vast. For MM and overall as well

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Aerathnor.8305

Aeranthor – they merged it into
Lead the Wind (Arrows Pierce, 20% recharge, 10% att speed)
- Grandmaster Trait

And yep, the build possibilities are going to be vast. For MM and overall as well

We’ll that’s just dandy. You wouldn’t happen to have a link for the Spec lines? I’m having trouble finding one..

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

lead the winds going to a double edged sword with that piercing arrows.

you know retaliation , ltw with increased attack speed and reduced cooldown people in zergs will spam spam rf as soon as it is off cooldown.

though i’ll say LtW will not be newbie friendly.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

We’ll that’s just dandy. You wouldn’t happen to have a link for the Spec lines? I’m having trouble finding one..

Since the changes are not final and most likely to change, it’s debatable, but currently there are. Since they are for different purposes (WvW, PvE, PvP) from bunkering to zerking and disrupting – it’s hard to say which one would you prefer.

But I can give you some of the current theory-crafted specs if you’d like. Just tell me which environment you’d like and I’ll do my best to provide it.
But I believe you know about these following:
Remorseless Greatsword (Heavy Burst build)
QuickDraw zerk Sniper (SotF version)
Disruptor BM (Patch of Scars, Longbow)
Front Line Support (Prot Ward, Warhorn+Call of the wild, Shout build)

Don’t forget that for WvW you are going to have 1 bonus defensive stat. You won’t need precision since you are going to have guaranteed crits when you pop RaO.

And yep, condi survival builds endured and Full Regen will be godlike. Will be a bit more fancy considering Most Dangerous game and new Bark Skin.

And I’m counting on new Druid spec to be viable as well.

Here’s the link to play around with them, you might find some too http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgUBqAKoA6g~

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Since the changes are not final and most likely to change, it’s debatable, but currently there are. Since they are for different purposes (WvW, PvE, PvP) from bunkering to zerking and disrupting – it’s hard to say which one would you prefer.

I think anything with Quick Draw has the potential to be amazing, particularly for LB + Melee builds. Swap to GS or Sword and you can Swoop or Hornet’s Sting twice with 3-4s downtime between abilities, and after you are done kiting switch back to LB and Rapid Fire twice with the same downtime.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I think anything with Quick Draw has the potential to be amazing, particularly for LB + Melee builds. Swap to GS or Sword and you can Swoop or Hornet’s Sting twice with 3-4s downtime between abilities, and after you are done kiting switch back to LB and Rapid Fire twice with the same downtime.

Imagine the QQ we are going to get when we can double RF, then swap to GS and double swoop away lol!

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Imagine the QQ we are going to get when we can double RF, then swap to GS and double swoop away lol!

I can see it coming guyz! Just wait for it.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Thanks for give me the idea, it’d be alot of fun in WvW post patch
But honestly, thieves can already do this awhile ago, so people really shouldn’t complain :P

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

im Hyped for low cd barrage spam with double lb !

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Not hyped for the resulting death from retaliation though, Warriors are getting 50% uptime through Spiked Armor minor in Defense

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

Not hyped for the resulting death from retaliation though, Warriors are getting 50% uptime through Spiked Armor minor in Defense

Yeah, I do think Warrior’s defense line is overbuffed. It’s not like it’s not popular enough already, that almost everyone and their mom use Cleansing Ire. Not to mention the newly buffed last stance, which has so many additional effects while granting free stability . Now in addition to Cleansing Ire, Warrior can grab the full line and also get that free 50% up-time retaliation, it’d be such a pain. Warrior will become even stronger than ever before, not like it’s not one of the top classes already lol.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Off-topic… But I think it’s just utterly absurd that they have not only put Spiked Armor as a minor in Defense, but they buffed it as well. Will hurt us a lot in WvW, not just LB, but all skills.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

Off-topic… But I think it’s just utterly absurd that they have not only put Spiked Armor as a minor in Defense, but they buffed it as well. Will hurt us a lot in WvW, not just LB, but all skills.

But ranger will be the class that punished the most thanks to the rapid fire multi hits + pierce, and trash barrage outright killing yourself with that plenty of small damage.

Ironically, Anet cleverly designed DH in a way that wouldn’t be punished by retaliation at all, with the newly enhanced burst 2 and enhanced barrage that gather damage in 3 seconds. Good one Anet.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Not just LB but all our skills. Since majority of our weapons are multiple fast hits.
HoT is quite a hit to us for WvW, Wars/guards get more retaliation, guard gets more projectile blocks, mesmer/war gets a LOT more reflects, revenant has mobile WoR reflect, thief gets 50% less damage while in stealth… uuugh.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

I think the -50% damage in stealth was to stop the guaranteed free kill from lb rangers when thieves cast black powder 2k range from a range most likely without knowing that ranger exists, or the attack people in stealth exploits.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Sadrien.3470

But ranger will be the class that punished the most thanks to the rapid fire multi hits + pierce, and trash barrage outright killing yourself with that plenty of small damage.

Ironically, Anet cleverly designed DH in a way that wouldn’t be punished by retaliation at all, with the newly enhanced burst 2 and enhanced barrage that gather damage in 3 seconds. Good one Anet.

Why not make the least used skill on warrior a base part and remove one of the most used ones? Rangers are a mere side affect. Besides I already ran a permanent retail guard sometimes just to blow up a.c. users, coincidental lots of rangers raged at me :p.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Just a thought…

Would you guyz trade your rapid fire for exactly the same damage, with the same cast time 1 hit charging shot?

Similar to what Wintersday Mayhem scout had.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

Just a thought…

Would you guyz trade your rapid fire for exactly the same damage, with the same cast time 1 hit charging shot?

Ofc we will!
That way it becomes a true “burst”. (damage over 2.5 seconds is not true burst)

Even though it’s predictable, you wouldn’t believe how many people will get hit by it!
Ik block will become an issue, but I would rather have true burst, and handle block with good timing and skill usage, than having a channel skill that’s destined to lose half of the damage to any competent players.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Sadrien.3470

Just a thought…

Ofc we will!

Even though it’s predictable, you wouldn’t believe how many people will get hit by it!
Ik block will become an issue, but I would rather have true burst, and handle block with good timing and skill usage, than having a channel skill that’s destined to lose half of the damage to any competent players.

And keep half the damage rather than be completely gone, really? This will make rangers worse vs good players and stronger vs bads which is the opposite of what it needs imo.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

Just a thought…

Ofc we will!

And keep half the damage rather than be completely gone, really? This will make rangers worse vs good players and stronger vs bads which is the opposite of what it needs imo.

Don’t forget we have access to stealth too
Also “good players” will bait dodges and their defense skills out so their burst can actually lands.

The new version oF LB2 allows us to do something like Warrior’s Axe F1, while being easier to hit! So why not? Also no more bs like retaliation doing similar damage to full RF damage when fighting Guardian too XD. The new version is also harder to counter with reflect because they can’t just pop reflect half-way during channel, they have to precast, which leave us with more opportunities to set-up.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Why not just make it a swap skill that you get AFTER you get stealth? Like Thief AA. So, you hit with Hunter’s Shot, get the stealth, RF flips over to become something like “Sloth Hunter’s Shot” which does the same damage in 1 shot, but takes a channel, marks the target like “On my Mark” and is unblockable.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Why not just make it a swap skill that you get AFTER you get stealth? Like Thief AA. So, you hit with Hunter’s Shot, get the stealth, RF flips over to become something like “Sloth Hunter’s Shot” which does the same damage in 1 shot, but takes a channel, marks the target like “On my Mark” and is unblockable.

Too much additional coding.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Would be a fun skill though.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Just a thought…

I would really dislike such a change. Any competent player would be dodging that skill, and theres more weight to rapid fire being a channeled skill putting pressure on enemy and possibly giving us some extra secs

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Ranger will have much more sustain if these changes come through.

Lower CD on TU from wilderness trait for example will spike HP/S to 400ish. Oakheart salve will be a much better choice then it is now Also Natural healing will be a Master trait so that is another 66 HP/S and if you take the Cabbage hound you will gain 170 HP/S regeneration (due to 350 pet Healing power) . Perhaps add Signet of the Wild for 65 HP/S without any Healing power. This goes far beyond the current warrior Healing Signet+ Adrenal health. We are looking at an over 600 HP/S without any healing power.

If you go down the Shout route you will get regeneration on HaO use too.

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Would be a fun skill though.

Well, 1st of all, the mechanic of “stealth combat” doesn’t fit the ranger for me. Could be just me, but I don’t feel the ranger in it.
Secondly, that would give the 1500r Ranger 2 bombing abilities, 3 with Quick Draw, and I wouldn’t find that amusing. I would find it toxic. Of course there are ways to counter it – but I’d still find it toxic.
And last but not least – why would I give the Ranger another mechanic like that when we could pair the exact purpose and game-play by simply changing Rapid Fire?

HoT longbow changes.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Because RF is good as is. Why not add more flavour instead of starting from scratch? Anyway, just throwing ideas around, who cares.