Honest question about my build.

in Ranger

Posted by: KSIBBQ.8123

KSIBBQ.8123

Alright the thought behind the build is massive AOE condition damage. Please tell me what you think needs fixing

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNMQNAnfVjMqhq21ld3azycNZR1etDAIUrCg2pQOE2sbgO4DSZWXYJWA-ThSAABKcIBo4BE8yeAAcCEET5Xoq/0xRConFHIUfTbKBDAcAsbdr7up7u7u7nf+5nf+52d3d3d3dLFAELrA-e

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Theres nothing gained from taking 2 different Rune types anymore, so if you want bleed duration get all 6 Krait.

Somewhat curious why you’ve got Earth Sigil on the Axe and Geomancy on the SB, it would be more natural to have it the other way round.

Personally I think you arent going to manage well without a Sword. You dont even have a dagger or LR either. Generally I think you are lacking in mobility, both in and out of combat. To that end, I’d replace one of your weapon sets with S/D.

Personally I’m not a fan of Poison Master over EB.. I know some other are but without EB on this build you are seriously lacking condition removal. At the very least take a Brown bear and SoR over poison trap. That would also give you a much needed Stunbreaker, although I’ve never liked depending on SoR for your stunbreaker and condition removal since it cant do both and has a long CD.

Overall, if this is a team fighting spec and you’re running around with friends constantly, you might get away with it as it is. But if you’re going solo then you are lacking in defencive tools (condition removal, mobility/evades).

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Hi, its a very greedy build. 0 stun break , no mobility, no condi removal other than HS, no stability, low hp. Unless you are part of a very cordinate good support group, you won’t go far with it.
I balanced it out abit – http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNMQNAnfVjEqhq21ld3azycNZR1etDAIErCaPnHzup7LlN9klYB-TRSEABE8EC0TfAAHSApU+hp6PNciE2Z/B60w0lSwAAHA7W36ub6u7u72u7u7u7ubpAgYaE-e
Much more traditional but more solid. Consider the RAO over Entangle. If u do, take hand trainig over WK.

in Ranger

KSIBBQ.8123

Is it really worth taking that stun break that is only up every 90 seconds?

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

@KSIBBQ
Well, you can also pick “hide in plain sight” it is prbably better stun defence due to the short cooldown. But any stun defence is better than none. the 350 condi damage on pet will bring you no value at all, 350 condi damage is 35 more damge for every sec of poison= 350 damge in 1 min of poison= 1 shot of SB. Keep in mind that the “off-hand traing” will make “bonefire” that much better so its a hard compeditor for the “master trait box”

in Ranger

KSIBBQ.8123

Should I change my gear set to dire and be more tanky?

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

I think you should, the armor and weapons on the Accessories….

in Ranger

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Appart for a few little things, it’s pretty ok – stun break and condi removal are pretty useless in most pve content anyway, and I personnally never thought much of a passive stun break once every 90 seconds.
Overall, you would achieve higher condi damage with rune of undead, and 60% condi duration is pretty useless – most of your conditions are ticking, and the 1/4 or 1/2 seconds you gain on most skills are not taken advantage of.
So I’d replace the toxic cristal by a regular one.

The following is just opinions
I’d replace survival cd reduction with off hand training – depending on the situation, and I’d take sword over axe – cause I like to have a distance and a melee option, and melee main goes well with torch (I find). Plus swords allows for jump heal combo with Healing spring.

Geomancy on SB seems weird, but I guess it depends on your gameplay (need to swap while in melee)
I’m not sure of when agony gets applied. If it’s after your condi duration (eg: 5 secs from earth sigil * 50% duration = 7.5 * 20% duration = 9 seconds VS 5 secs * 70% = 8.5), 50%, it’s good, otherwise I think sigil of accuracy (more precision) or bursting (more condi damage overall) might be better, especially since you have different conditions.

in Ranger

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

I would suggest offhand training instead of wilderness knowledge. Makes the torch more helpful. Also I highly recommend you swap to pets that don’t poison, reason being their condi damage isn’t as high as yours and will overwrite your poison damage with their lower one. If you want to use malicious training, use a krytan hound for a nice immobilize so you can throw all your traps on them. Maybe use another pet that has CC capability, I use a jungle spider ( I know it has poison, GG for me) because the immobilize from that is great as well.

If you want max effectiveness from a trapper build, you have to sacrifice stun breakers, however taking hide in plain sight instead of expertise training will help you with that slightly. Just a personal preference at this point but I would take an energy sigil instead of the agony sigil. You already have high condi up time, and an extra dodge can save you from a potentially deadly CC chain.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Wait, what? we’r talking about PVE?

in Ranger

KSIBBQ.8123

Appart for a few little things, it’s pretty ok – stun break and condi removal are pretty useless in most pve content anyway, and I personnally never thought much of a passive stun break once every 90 seconds.
Overall, you would achieve higher condi damage with rune of undead, and 60% condi duration is pretty useless – most of your conditions are ticking, and the 1/4 or 1/2 seconds you gain on most skills are not taken advantage of.

I’d replace survival cd reduction with off hand training – depending on the situation, and I’d take sword over axe – cause I like to have a distance and a melee option, and melee main goes well with torch (I find). Plus swords allows for jump heal combo with Healing spring.

Geomancy on SB seems weird, but I guess it depends on your gameplay (need to swap while in melee)
I’m not sure of when agony gets applied. If it’s after your condi duration (eg: 5 secs from earth sigil * 50% duration = 7.5 * 20% duration = 9 seconds VS 5 secs * 70% = 8.5), 50%, it’s good, otherwise I think sigil of accuracy (more precision) or bursting (more condi damage overall) might be better, especially since you have different conditions.

I think pet conditions scale with yours…from what i can see. Their poison is the same Dmg as mine.

in Ranger

KSIBBQ.8123

Wait, what? we’r talking about PVE?

Yes that’s my fault, sound have made that clear.

in Ranger

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

I think pet conditions scale with yours…from what i can see. Their poison is the same Dmg as mine.

Their poison damage you see is probably just yours. When I use a similar build in spvp, on training golems my poison ticks for around 250-300 ish, with poison master. My spider’s ticks for around 80. Spvp may be different from PvE, but even when you check the pet attributes, they have their own condi damage spot, so I don’t think it does, but again not 100% sure for PvE.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Asnip

They don’t – the builder might be off – or Anet changed it since last time I checked – maybe the poison trait might have an effect on it, didn’t really test it…
(none of our traits and armor stats apply to the pet – only their own and a few specific traits, like expertise training, pet’s prowess or compassion training)
I used to take direct damage and CC pets on condi/trapper build – in pvp/wvw settings though…