Honestly it's not that bad...

in Ranger

Posted by: Peter.9406

Peter.9406

So I’m pretty satisfied with the patch notes and it’s just typical Ranger rage threads. Honestly, Ranger is not in that bad of a position. I love playing my Ranger still and think he does better off in dungeons than my Mesmer does.

However, Ranger still lacks build diversity in PvE and with some tweaks this could be easily remedied.

- Fix Spirits
– I think the best fix would be to give them more damage resistance and remove the inner cooldown or increase the buff. (At least make it so in PvE only)
- Reduce some of the recharges of signets to at least 90
– Specifically SotW and SoS because they are not worth activating with those ridiculous cool downs
- Buff longbow damage or fire rate

THAT’S IT! That is honestly all I think needs to be done to the Ranger to make ‘em a grade A class. I’m happy with my pets, I’m happy with my traps, I’m happy with my other weapons; just fix those three things and Rangers will be great. Right now they a good class and I have fun playing it, so I can wait patiently while ANet decides to work on them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

What flavour is that Koolaid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I’d love to see some data to back up the ‘good class’ claim. Because, from my point of view, personal fun is not equivalent to general effectiveness.

in Ranger

Posted by: MyGWAccount.7325

MyGWAccount.7325

do u even pvp…?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lyndis.2584

Lyndis.2584

Yeah guys, I have no trouble at all whatsoever slaughtering hundreds of rats and rabbits a day! I have no clue what all of you guys are complaining about – I’m so powerful I one shot all of these terrible white mobs – Ranger PvE for life.

.:: FaTe ~ [SoS] ::.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

- Fix Spirits
– I think the best fix would be to give them more damage resistance and remove the inner cooldown or increase the buff. (At least make it so in PvE only)
- Reduce some of the recharges of signets to at least 90
– Specifically SotW and SoS because they are not worth activating with those ridiculous cool downs
- Buff longbow damage or fire rate

I’ve been saying this has needed to be done since like late October of last year in terms of major function in the way the ranger plays.
Some more utilities need some tweaking than just those to make the competitively viable though, and ALL classes need trait polishing and reworking.

It would also be nice if pets were as good as they were in Guild Wars 1 at doing things, like hitting enemies…

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Peter.9406

I play pure PvE. But from watching the State of the Game rangers are actually really well off coming from the top players so I think you just need to L2P.

No I don’t just kill rats, I actually do Arah, CoF, CoE, HotW, AC, and CM with my Ranger perfectly fine and am even the last man surviving most of the time. So, if Aridia, Gottejjeken, and Lyndis need proof pm me in game I’ll take you on a run with me and show you up.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Yeah rangers are pretty top tier in PvP, or were until people figure out a new metagame (because of the quickness nerf) that could potentially counter the common ranger builds (by this I mean that people could decidedly go more defensive and make it harder to be killed in general, or add more condition washing to their builds, etc).

The BIGGEST issue since launch has remained that the biggest thing rangers suffer from is lack of competitive choices in terms of utility choice, weapon choice, and trait choice.
On whatever planet it seemed like a good idea to let the shortbow out-dps the longbow in almost every scenario, nobody will ever know. Just like x amount of other trait or utility choices I could list (that have been listed now for months and months and months).

Overall (outside of just the ranger, it isn’t a ranger specific issue) that is the biggest place the game is suffering, build diversity and the lack thereof. Stagnant metagames that do not promote across the board balance are killing this game.

in Ranger

Peter.9406

I completely agree with you jcbroe, except with trait choice because I think we are fine there if they fixed are utilities more traits would usable.

As of now they just need to work on fixing the bigger problems like the things I mentioned and then fine tune the traits later on. Just by fixing the utilities build diversity would expand so much more.

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

I play pure PvE. But from watching the State of the Game rangers are actually really well off coming from the top players so I think you just need to L2P.

No I don’t just kill rats, I actually do Arah, CoF, CoE, HotW, AC, and CM with my Ranger perfectly fine and am even the last man surviving most of the time. So, if Aridia, Gottejjeken, and Lyndis need proof pm me in game I’ll take you on a run with me and show you up.

I pve just fine thanks. I play well enough that I run GC in fractals. But I don’t really care about pve because bots are stupid.

I really wish they would stop saying things like in SoTG to confuse people because they’re mainly talking about spvp, not wvw or pve. The top build right now in spvp involves the ranger spamming 3 traps while circle strafing with an auto attacking SB over a node. The only reason why that works it’s because it’s a node cap game (enemies are forced to walk into it to prevent caps and due to match time contraints) which no one cares about regardless of how badly Anet wants it to matter. It is artificial, and it has zero skill involved and it’s not at all indicative in how well you can actually kill other players.

Try a trap build in wvw when people are not forced to walk into your traps. It is worthless unless you happen to find a stubborn player that insists in 1 vs 1 you.

You’re not even on the same page as what the forum is talking about.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I completely agree with you jcbroe, except with trait choice because I think we are fine there if they fixed are utilities more traits would usable.

As of now they just need to work on fixing the bigger problems like the things I mentioned and then fine tune the traits later on. Just by fixing the utilities build diversity would expand so much more.

I understand that, but there is a particular thing I think of when I make that mention, which is grandmaster trait choices. Certain ones like reattaining opening strikes on kill or dodge rolling on removing 2 very specific conditions for an entire 30 points definitely pigeonholes peoples options when it comes to trait selection.

Some of them can be left untouched by buffing the utilities they affect (like Spirits), while others could be changed or replaced to be a whole lot more useful (Evasive Purity and Instinctual Bond, for example).

I would agree though that trait changes are not the priority, and they definitely don’t affect ranger alone. The whole game needs a trait cleanup and polishing, because a lot of classes are pigeonholed into certain selections just because lack of better or more useful options.
But it would be better to get the things that more actively affect gameplay changed first.

in Ranger

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

rangers are not well off in pvp at all nor WvW lol the patch hurt both lot more than u know, we used to be competitive cause of all the access we had to quickness to drop alot of conditions or fast dmg, but we kinda lost that just now, granted other classes lost stuff too we lost the ability to spike 25 stacks of bleeding and launch our best aoe in under 2 sec and put out rappid fire….rappidly… and do some insanly fast stabbing with a sword…. really im not sure we have a good weapon set for pvp atm now.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Ranger

Peter.9406

I pve just fine thanks. I play well enough that I run GC in fractals. But I don’t really care about pve because bots are stupid.

I really wish they would stop saying things like in SoTG to confuse people because they’re mainly talking about spvp, not wvw or pve. The top build right now in spvp involves the ranger spamming 3 traps while circle strafing with an auto attacking SB over a node. The only reason why that works it’s because it’s a node cap game (enemies are forced to walk into it to prevent caps and due to match time contraints) which no one cares about regardless of how badly Anet wants it to matter. It is artificial, and it has zero skill involved and it’s not at all indicative in how well you can actually kill other players.

Try a trap build in wvw when people are not forced to walk into your traps. It is worthless unless you happen to find a stubborn player that insists in 1 vs 1 you.

So now you’re saying Rangers suck because in PvP because they are only good at accomplishing at capturing points and not killing? Well that’s kinda of the point of the game! If they excel at point capturing then that means they are good in a team which is the point of PvP. It isn’t a damage zerk killing class, so in that aspect they aren’t good. But they achieve what they are meant to do. And that actually does take skill because not everyone can do it well. So idk what you’re talking about.

In WvWvW go bunker LB/GS and you’ll do great. How about you actually play the class how it’s meant to be played by focusing on it’s strengths and not expecting it to be something it’s not.

Just because I’m not raging on forums I’m not on the same page. I’m glad I’m not because most people are complaining about ridiculous things that aren’t really problems. I believe with minor tweaks mentioned in my post the Ranger will be fine.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

They actually balance based primarily on sPvP (I remember it but I don’t feel like looking it up to quote it). I believe there is some underlying use of inductive reasoning to balance like that, but they don’t and will not balance skills directly towards WvW ever because of the variables that are always in effect, such as how many people are in fights, the level people are, and the gear mountain (what I mean is that it is gear based more than skill based in a lot of small ways that add up).

Node capping has existed since the dawn of competitive play in videogames, so just because you have a gripe with it doesn’t mean that your opinion is fact. My opinion isn’t fact either, don’t get me wrong. But you are trying to compare large scale battles (like Battlefield) to small scale battles (like Call of Duty).
Both require skill, just different kinds of skill, and ideally the game should be balanced on both fronts.

Nobody is disagreeing with you on the idea that the game needs balance changes. NOBODY. Everybody is going to have a different opinion on what needs fixing, but as long as everybody is agreement that something needs fixing, there is really no point in getting worked up or argumentative, just because people believe in different severity levels of what needs to be changed.

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

So now you’re saying Rangers suck because in PvP because they are only good at accomplishing at capturing points and not killing? Well that’s kinda of the point of the game! If they excel at point capturing then that means they are good in a team which is the point of PvP. It isn’t a damage zerk killing class, so in that aspect they aren’t good. But they achieve what they are meant to do. And that actually does take skill because not everyone can do it well. So idk what you’re talking about.

In WvWvW go bunker LB/GS and you’ll do great. How about you actually play the class how it’s meant to be played by focusing on it’s strengths and not expecting it to be something it’s not.

Just because I’m not raging on forums I’m not on the same page. I’m glad I’m not because most people are complaining about ridiculous things that aren’t really problems. I believe with minor tweaks mentioned in my post the Ranger will be fine.

I like how you think you know how the class is “meant to be played” when you don’t even know SoTG is talking about spvp. And no, GW2 is not just spvp.

Well, why have traits then? Why not just be like other mmos and have no options in builds when you’re only suppose to play it one way?

And no, having an apex predator problem is not fine. Even Anet is not dense enough to admit that. The point I was trying to make is what you think is fine is only 1 build in a very narrow facet of the game and it shouldn’t be taken as a sign of the overall health of the class. That’s like saying as long as you can do math but failing every other class in school along the way is fine.

in Ranger

Peter.9406

Don’t cut my sentence continue it, “…meant to be played by FOCUSING ON IT’S STRENGTHS AND NOT EXPECTING IT TO BE SOMETHING IT’S NOT.” No where did I mention to only play one build, but say to focus on the Ranger’s strengths.

And if you were to read my OP I wrote, “However, Ranger still lacks build diversity in PvE and with some tweaks this could be easily remedied.” Meaning that I do believe there’s a lack of build diversity, however it’s not as bad as people on forums (like you) make it out to be. I’m coming from a pure PvE point of view as that’s what I like to play. What you’re arguing can be said for any class as they all have one or two builds they are forced to run PvP to be efficient. But that’s how it works when you are in a goal oriented play list. That’s like complaining that as a quarterback in a football team you are forced to play only one play style because that’s what you’re good at; no duh. Or a complaining as a goal keeper that you’re forced to guard the goal; that’s your role in the team to help succeed. It’s sounds like you just don’t like the PvP style, so how about you just don’t play it?

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

They actually balance based primarily on sPvP (I remember it but I don’t feel like looking it up to quote it). I believe there is some underlying use of inductive reasoning to balance like that, but they don’t and will not balance skills directly towards WvW ever because of the variables that are always in effect, such as how many people are in fights, the level people are, and the gear mountain (what I mean is that it is gear based more than skill based in a lot of small ways that add up).

Node capping has existed since the dawn of competitive play in videogames, so just because you have a gripe with it doesn’t mean that your opinion is fact. My opinion isn’t fact either, don’t get me wrong. But you are trying to compare large scale battles (like Battlefield) to small scale battles (like Call of Duty).
Both require skill, just different kinds of skill, and ideally the game should be balanced on both fronts.

Nobody is disagreeing with you on the idea that the game needs balance changes. NOBODY. Everybody is going to have a different opinion on what needs fixing, but as long as everybody is agreement that something needs fixing, there is really no point in getting worked up or argumentative, just because people believe in different severity levels of what needs to be changed.

I know that the game is balanced on spvp. And I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s flawed. I don’t disagree that node capping is a common theme in games but that doesn’t make it a valid choice for game balance, particually in MMOs. Node capping in FPSs is more easy to balance because there’s only one mechanic, you shoot people or throw something at people and they die. You change guns and not really builds despite COD making a big deal about customization. At the end of the day is you firing your gun. Not so in MMOs since it’s a more complex beast.

The moment you focus only on node cap, you create artificial metas that’s not about killing your opponent but rather how can I hold on to this node for the longest. Imagine for a second if you could win matches by not focusing on killing, like guardians could bounce opponents out of the cap area constantly or mesmers teleporting opponents out, I bet that’s what people will spec. We don’t have overpowered builds like that but what we have now is stupid builds like bunkers and trap rangers as as result. It forces people to play in a certain way to the detriment of other builds. Not to mention this “balance” has virtually nothing to do with other modes in the game and it is completely artificial.

What’s a more interesting way to do node cap? Look at BF2. Karkand starts out with one side holding all the nodes. The longer you go without owning the nodes as the attacker the quicker your tickets go down. When either side runs out of tickets to respawn, you lose. I’ve actually played matches before where the attacking USMC side never capped one flag but they still won, it’s because they grossly outplayed and out revived the defender and killed them in something like 10 to 1 ratio. If you can kill your opponents 10 times over why shouldn’t you be able to win the match that way?

PVP should be about killing people. They lost sight of it when they focused on node caps exclusively which pigeon holed and stagnated builds. The moment they let go of that idea, is when this game will truly flourish.

Balance the classes on time to kill like an FPS, it’s a far better metric and lets players to more interesting dynamics and builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jonathan.1580

Jonathan.1580

ya’ll are gettin this man fired up.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

stuff

stuff

I don’t disagree, I was just commenting on the only thing ANet has the tools to accomplish. In Guild Wars 1, if you never played, it was balanced greatly around Guild vs Guild, an 8v8 team mode where teams faced off on very symmetrical maps about the size of sPvP maps in this game, in an attempt to infiltrate each others bases and kill an NPC guild lord (protected by numerous other NPCs with various levels of importance).
Respawning naturally only occurred every 2 minutes (or so I thought, it’s been awhile) unless somebody used a revival signet, which could only be recharged after use by taking a flag from your own base and capturing a flag stand in the middle which would provide a morale boost (a 2% increase in health and mana pool) and recharge the revival signet.

Rereading my own description, it is clear the level of refinement of skill based gameplay has been reduced in guild ways 2, to simple facerolling skills at people while dodging until something dies, while defending or trying to capture a node. ANet dropped the ball the moment they thought that rolling around on capture points until a score limit was reached was better than GvG was, was the very moment that any sort of entertaining PvP failed by design in terms of replay ability and long term enjoyment.

As for me personally, I keep wanting to get into League of Legends and never look back at Guild Wars 2, but I don’t know the first thing about League of Legends; like whether it is entirely free to play or how easy it is to pick up and play without knowing anybody (I read lots of things about it being super team oriented and that it incites a lot of elitist attitudes towards newcomers).

Edit: Got my quote and end quotes all types of screwed up haha

(edited by jcbroe.4329)

in Ranger

Posted by: Depotboy.6204

Depotboy.6204

I’d love to see some data to back up the ‘good class’ claim. Because, from my point of view, personal fun is not equivalent to general effectiveness.

He posted data, he loves playing ranger because he can play it better than his mesmer in dungeons. Irrefutable proof that the ranger is fine if I’ve ever seen it.

in Ranger

Posted by: roadkill.3749

roadkill.3749

He plays “pure” pve lol. Lol!!

edit: And he does dungeons mostly! Lololol!! Clueless. kittening clueless!

Dedicated Seafarer’s Rest player
member of Circle of Nine

in Ranger

Posted by: Geshque.1326

Geshque.1326

God, I like those kids playing a class in pve and killing rabbits ( even arah mobs are rabbits cause they re mobs) and trying to convince that everything ’s great cause rabbit dies from his insane DPS.

Examine all the topics on this thread and maybe if you dont have brain cancer you will realize your mistake.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Wait, bunker rangers can actually get kills in WvW other than following a zerg and hiding in the back shooting arrows??

And yes in pve it is that bad. Why the hell bring a ranger when you can bring pretty much any other class who can do anything the ranger can do but even better now? Healing spring is nice but that doesn’t cut it. Pets in dungeons? Half the time theyre dead or they are sitting next to the ranger doing nothing. Granted there are some good rangers out there but the problem is a good ranger=an average player of any other class while an average ranger=a bad player of any other class.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

(edited by Sauzo.6821)

in Ranger

Posted by: Decemberween.6098

Decemberween.6098

PVP should be about killing people.

Because you say so?

If PvP was only about killing the enemy, why would holding and capturing locations ever give you points? Why do these points exist at all? They exist because the win condition of GW2 PvP is earning those 500 points, not killing enemies.

There’s no such thing as an “artificial meta” (whatever that means lol.) There are only the rules of the game, and the strategies built around those rules to improve the chances of winning by those rules. And just because you choose not to like the rules of the game, does not mean everyone else (including the game designers) needs to bend over backwards to make your opinion the correct one.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Because you say so?

If PvP was only about killing the enemy, why would holding and capturing locations ever give you points? Why do these points exist at all? They exist because the win condition of GW2 PvP is earning those 500 points, not killing enemies.

There’s no such thing as an “artificial meta” (whatever that means lol.) There are only the rules of the game, and the strategies built around those rules to improve the chances of winning by those rules. And just because you choose not to like the rules of the game, does not mean everyone else (including the game designers) needs to bend over backwards to make your opinion the correct one.

While you have a difference of opinion and a fair point to make, that was quite a bit taken out of context.

To summarize what was actually said, it would be something like: if classes aren’t balanced in fighting each other, then they won’t be balanced in fighting each other over an objective.
Just because that persons opinion on what creates fun gameplay is different doesn’t mean that they didn’t make a very good overall point, which is that if something can be balanced by fighting mechanics, then that balance would transfer almost directly into objective play in most scenarios.

However, if it is balanced around capturing and controlling a point, then skirmishes happening off point don’t equate to their being any sort of class balance at anything other than capturing/holding a very particular objective in a very specific gametype.

in Ranger

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

What flavour is that Koolaid?

Grief-o-rade, not koolaid. To clarify, it’s tropical disappointment.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Ranger

Peter.9406

Now I understand why the devs don’t come on these forums, it’s full of whiney people who really don’t understand the game.

If you honestly hate the class that much just stop playing and re-roll something else to your liking. Unless you’re so bad that you can’t level up another character and if you PvP it’s even easier. Honestly, a majority of you guys are just noobs that need to learn to play and if you need proof that the Ranger is good, PM me in game and I’ll take you on a dungeon run and show you noobs how to play.

Those of you who say that high end PvE is just killing rabbits I bet most of you haven’t even done the paths.

PM me, the Ranger is fine in all aspects of the game and just needs some minor tweaks. If you don’t like the game, PvP, or how the Ranger plays just stop playing it; as simple as that.

(edited by Peter.9406)

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

Because you say so?

Read, think, then reply.

The forum works better that way.

Please read jcbroe.4329’s post if you don’t understand what I was saying.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gadzooks.4687

Gadzooks.4687

Now I understand why the devs don’t come on these forums, it’s full of whiney people who really don’t understand the game.

You admit you only PvE (thus only really having knowledge of PvE gameplay), but then say that other people who are complaining dont understand the game. Try to grasp the concept that the majority of people who are upset with ranger dont JUST pve. PvP and WvW exist even if you dont play them.

Just because Ranger plays acceptable for you in PvE, doesnt exclude the fact that there are still 2 other huge areas of gameplay in GW2 that you have no experience in. Nor does it exclude the fact that the ranger might actually need fixes and tweaks to make it a balanced class in these 2 other areas of gameplay.

Just because you might take side roads to work each day, free of busy traffic, doesnt mean people on the highways arent sitting motionless in rush hour traffic. Telling people “I dont see any traffic jams, you dont know what you are talking about” just makes you sound ignorant.

(edited by Gadzooks.4687)

in Ranger

Posted by: Hillaan.6904

Hillaan.6904

Don’t cut my sentence continue it, “…meant to be played by FOCUSING ON IT’S STRENGTHS AND NOT EXPECTING IT TO BE SOMETHING IT’S NOT.” No where did I mention to only play one build, but say to focus on the Ranger’s strengths.

And if you were to read my OP I wrote, “However, Ranger still lacks build diversity in PvE and with some tweaks this could be easily remedied.” Meaning that I do believe there’s a lack of build diversity, however it’s not as bad as people on forums (like you) make it out to be. I’m coming from a pure PvE point of view as that’s what I like to play. What you’re arguing can be said for any class as they all have one or two builds they are forced to run PvP to be efficient. But that’s how it works when you are in a goal oriented play list. That’s like complaining that as a quarterback in a football team you are forced to play only one play style because that’s what you’re good at; no duh. Or a complaining as a goal keeper that you’re forced to guard the goal; that’s your role in the team to help succeed. It’s sounds like you just don’t like the PvP style, so how about you just don’t play it?

You also said pets were ok. I quit reading you there. Pets suck the AI sucks. They are weak unless you are talking about leveling, open world PVE. Believe what you like but that does not make you right.

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

People, people, enough with the aiming for each others throats…you’re not Charr battling to determine who wins an argument.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Rangers are definitely a viable PvP class. I spend most of my time in WvW and sPvP. I actually think those 3 changes op mentioned are great. The only thing I would add is if you are moving and use your pets f2, have the pet stop and fire off that skill. It is a pain when I am trying to use my fern hounds regen howl for it to keep canceling itself out because it is trying to move with me.

Also check out my WvW video I made a few weeks ago. It at least demonstrates my playstyle in WvW and proves we are a good class! It just takes time to master.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Ranger

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

Rangers are definitely a viable PvP class. I spend most of my time in WvW and sPvP. I actually think those 3 changes op mentioned are great. The only thing I would add is if you are moving and use your pets f2, have the pet stop and fire off that skill. It is a pain when I am trying to use my fern hounds regen howl for it to keep canceling itself out because it is trying to move with me.

Also check out my WvW video I made a few weeks ago. It at least demonstrates my playstyle in WvW and proves we are a good class! It just takes time to master.

Watching that video, I’d kill you 100% of the time, on all of my toons including my Ranger.

Funny you had such a short video for someone who claims to spend a lot of time in WvW. You must not win enough to provde more, and better videos.

Go watch Xsorus vidoes of his Ranger, and how good he is, then watch what he does on a Thief, which hands down is ten times better than a Ranger, or anything you could do.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0

Unfortunately a better Ranger than you, and one of the best is quitting his Ranger, and you had the nerve to go in his thread, and troll him. You’re just another Chopps, and Durzlla.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Yeah I don’t mean to nitpick the video too much… but why is there QZ on a bunker/heal build? That is choosing to negate one of the main concepts the build is built around. Also, there is no stun breaker on the bar, and basilisk venom-backstab is the most basic combo that eats a stun breaker lacking build alive.

Instead, I see protect me, which, with the Empathic Nerf update, means your pet is essentially dead as soon as something tries to burst you down using a stun (which they all do). That is basically choosing to disable the class mechanic that our class heavily relies on (the pet switch trick doesn’t always work unless you are absolutely dedicating your pet switches to when you use Protect Me, which before the patch went live, would not be the best way to maximize pet usage because you could use the switch to recharge pet skills and predict which skill would be used, making things like dogs chaining knockdowns very effective).

I don’t mean to sound rude at all, those are just very clear things I see the moment I saw the video.

in Ranger

Posted by: Azuriel.9137

Azuriel.9137

(( I only read the OP))

Finally some one who is not crying about our class. Everywhere I go it’s QQ this and QQ that. They just can’t be satisfied. I’ve played all the other classes and find the Ranger to be the funnest by far, while still being effective.

Doesn’t matter which aspect of the game I am playing in, I do just fine. The most recent “nerf” on the quickness mechanic isn’t all that bad. While I notice a slight change, it’s not enough to rage like all the other players are.

I think people just need to learn how to use a ranger.

aaaaaaaaannnnnndddddddd
(Que the hate comments from bad rangers)