Horribad PvP build

Horribad PvP build

in Ranger

Posted by: Volitle.4628

Volitle.4628

So I would like to ask to the community, or more importantly the developers, how it is possible to have a build dedicated to a entire line of abilities, and be so ungodly bad at pvp. I mean I didn’t even know a build could be that bad. At least some other builds/classes can do damage and have some sort of utility, but as far as spirits go, it’s almost painful to watch. They can have 100% more health twirls finger or they can follow you around (which seems to do more damage than good), but the instant any class uses 2-3 abilities that hit more than one target, everything you summoned is now dead. Why would you make spirits so bad for pvp? At least make them take less damage from AoE abilities or something.

(edited by Volitle.4628)

Horribad PvP build

in Ranger

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

Horribad at PvP? My pvp build IS spirits, and I run around WvW with them. They are terrible for dungeons not PvP. 2nd the extra health trait and follow trait can be taken together.

I am a sword, warhorn ranger, my spirits have 2x hp, follow me around, and activate their abilities on death. The sword’s dancing all over the place, combined with the spirits following me around, keeps the spirits moving and harder to focus down. The spirit’s abilities on death punish anybody that does manage it assuming they are in melee range, and since I’m a melee ranger they should be whether they want to be or not.

For a support build, I feel it does a great job in solo 1v1 and even the occasional 2v1. I was downright amazed how I was winning duels left and right on a build I thought would be worthless for it. You should see how pissed off folks get when they fight a vit-toughness ranger with decent healing and a nature spirit that rezzes them every time they get downed.

If a clicker like me can win pvp fights with a build, theres gotta be something to it.

(edited by Greiger.7092)

Horribad PvP build

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Horribad at PvP? My pvp build IS spirits, and I run around WvW with them. They are terrible for dungeons not PvP. 2nd the extra health trait and follow trait can be taken together.

We talked about pvp here. WvW is not “real” pvp. For pvp, they suck – bad.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Horribad PvP build

in Ranger

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

I am a sword, warhorn ranger, my spirits have 2x hp, follow me around, and activate their abilities on death. The sword’s dancing all over the place, combined with the spirits following me around, keeps the spirits moving and harder to focus down. The spirit’s abilities on death punish anybody that does manage it assuming they are in melee range, and since I’m a melee ranger they should be whether they want to be or not.

For a support build, I feel it does a great job in solo 1v1 and even the occasional 2v1. I was downright amazed how I was winning duels left and right on a build I thought would be worthless for it. You should see how pissed off folks get when they fight a vit-toughness ranger with decent healing and a nature spirit that rezzes them every time they get downed.

If a clicker like me can win pvp fights with a build, theres gotta be something to it.

I tried spirits once. They did nothing noticible. They survived for a bit, gave me a buff once in a while and died.

I don’t like spirits because they have nothing to offer me that can’t be beaten by every other skill in my arsenal (with the exception of shouts. I think they’re worse). I found them very hard to use in large groups because there was way too much AOE for them to survive, and none of their active skills are very impressive.

Except spirit of nature. spirit of nature is awesome.

Maybe if they were retooled to be more suicide bombers (low HP, high movement speed, charges enemies, lower CD) i would use them. Right now though i can get far better results from just getting traps and survival skills.