How do rangers kill warriors?

in Ranger

Posted by: MindfulPerson.5273

MindfulPerson.5273

Especially the tanky AND burst damage warriors?

in Ranger

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I’m sure you’re talking about those unrootable and uncrippable Skull Crack Warriors that 100B kill you in a stun… in that case, play extremely aggresive at first and force their stability and condition cleanses as soon as you can. Remember, he has more burst but you have more sustain. Always break only his Mace stun, ignore his shield and other sources of control. If you manage to waste their stability soon, try to kite him or control him while applying pressure. If you run out of stunbreakers and he’s still alive, try to predict his next Skull Crack and do a wolf fear or precast Troll’s Unguent, you can actually survive a Skull Crack+100B combo that way. You have a 15 second window when TU is down, which you can cover by using your own stability or control/kiting skills. You know a SC is coming if you see he’s staying long enough on Mace/Shield or is chaining Mace daze+shield stun to make you waste stability or a stun braker soon.

Some clever Warriors will try to disengage from you with Greatsword when you used your stun breakers, and will come back for a second round while your CDs are down… don’t let him do that, you have as much mobility as him, always keep appying pressure on him, don’t let him catch you on that position with a Bow (or low mobility weapon) on you and your weapon swap on CD.

Basically, if you manage your CDs better and force his soon enough, you should have the advantage.

Honestly, as a trap Ranger, Beastmaster Bunker ranger, spirit Bunker ranger or even Signet power Ranger, you shouldn’t have problems with other kinds of Warriors.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Lol @ Warriors.

I crap on them.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Dueled some warrior yesterday a bunch of times, He tried multiple builds including the Skull Crack one

lets just say it didn’t go well for him.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

you melt them with condis and when they go down, back off and let your dog finish him lol more rage from his end.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

I mean most of the specs they run they have no healing power, and then they complain about lack of sustain in a fight..Like right now they’re like “Our heals are awful, give us more” when they actually already had very good heals, Problem is none of them want to actually run any healing gear like Rangers…so they whined till they increased their healing even more.

Now with healing gear you’re looking at 1k a second almost regen…….which is way more then ours..

Hell they’re even complaining right now that Adrenal Heal isn’t that good and it should be improved, Despite it being comparable to Natural Healing only free for 15 points.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Try with both ferocity pets. Right after swap, they use to perform nice 2 sec knockdown. Wolf one is mandatory. When he stuns you, use fear ability to break his combo. I’d suggest using conditions, but if you play power LB (same as me), make sure to have some kind of combat trick everytime they get close, such as Lighting Reflex, Wolf Fear, RaO elite and Hunter Shot stealth. Hound’s immobilize is pretty useless vs. them so if you can, run other ferocity pet with some kind of useful combat trick instead of damage abilities. You can also run boar for flat 3 second charge knockdown, but active ability is useless. Don’t freak out, keep range, save Point Blank Shot for either gapclosers (Savage Leap, Rush, Bull’s Charge) or their heals. Good luck

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Actually, they have 1000 hp per sec if they use the healing signet , but that is a heal . Factor in TU and then make the comparison . I think Rangers come out on top, while dealing more damage due to pet

Anyway , a full BM with LR instead of signet of renewal and birds with vigorous training can dodge the warrior all day long . If you can time your dodges that is

in Ranger

Rym.1469

400-500 hp per sec from signet, 120 hp per sec from adrenal health, occasional regen from Dogged March if specced, 100% uptime regen from banner, which requires to spend 30 points in tactics, worjs only around banner and doesn’t heal much. I don’t know where did you get info about M+Sh/GS warrior regenerating 1k hp per sec.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

If you encounter a very well played warrior, there is most likely one thing happening:
The warrior turns around and starts running as fast as he can and/or ports to a Waypoint as soon as he can.

If encountering warriors who do not yet know their place, I suggest just dodging their stun once and then shredding them to pieces. At the same time you could safe yourself some time and do the laundry, walk the dog etc. etc.

TL;DR: Ranger is far superior to warriors and there is nothing much you can do as long as you are able to dogde and/or have a stunbreaker.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I was playing with my settlers armor yesterday in wvw and had alot of fun and tons of duels in the puzzle aswell I’d almost forgotten how increadibly tanky this gear makes you barely anyone could scratch me and most would melt to the conditions very fast.

The only big trouble I ran into was one elem I couldn’t pressure enough although she didn’t even scratch me either it ended in a stalemate until I got tired swapped to full berserker and blew her up her in a split second, the other one was a warrior who I simply couldn’t beat with this I was using mango pies first and he killed me relatively fast the first 2 duels cause I screwed up and got rooted so many times I just couldn’t survive the burst he had after switching to poultry soup it got much better as he couldn’t keep me rooted very long when I failed to dodge properly and I did get him in the 5%health area more than a dozen times in a duel lasting over 10minutes before it got interupted by a kittenhead thief >.< however his unstoppable mobility made it impossible to finish him off it was increadibly aggravating, I did end up beating him in my powerbuild using knights, cavalier and boonstacking though using sword+warhorn and shortbow it was the best way to deal with him I found although by no means a sure win it was very close and any mistake could spell doom.

(edited by Manekk.6981)

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

400-500 hp per sec from signet, 120 hp per sec from adrenal health, occasional regen from Dogged March if specced, 100% uptime regen from banner, which requires to spend 30 points in tactics, worjs only around banner and doesn’t heal much. I don’t know where did you get info about M+Sh/GS warrior regenerating 1k hp per sec.

Adrenal Health is healing close to 500 or so if you have healing power.

Regen is around 340 with healing power.

I also didn’t say anything about M+Sh/GS Warrior regenerating 1k hp per second, I said they spec only glass cannon builds and then kitten their heals suck, They’ve upped their heals despite them already having substantial heals to begin with because no warrior wanted to invest healing power like the Ranger did.

in Ranger

Rym.1469

From what I’ve experienced on my warrior, Adrenal Health doesn’t benefit from any stat, it’s flat 360hp/3sec (unless there was some epic change in last weeks Imissed). Also, keep in mind that regeneration is provided only in range of banner they plant. Tertio; Nobody plays healing power warrior, so you won’t spot any serious in pvp or wvwvw(I agree some may run in zergs, however they’re meatshields). It’s because even if warrior can get that regeneration, he has to stand still, don’t use his burst skills, can’t kite/chase and is very vunerable to poison. Without protection, still worse tank than normal guardian by far.

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

From what I’ve experienced on my warrior, Adrenal Health doesn’t benefit from any stat, it’s flat 360hp/3sec (unless there was some epic change in last weeks Imissed). Also, keep in mind that regeneration is provided only in range of banner they plant. Tertio; Nobody plays healing power warrior, so you won’t spot any serious in pvp or wvwvw(I agree some may run in zergs, however they’re meatshields). It’s because even if warrior can get that regeneration, he has to stand still, don’t use his burst skills, can’t kite/chase and is very vunerable to poison. Without protection, still worse tank than normal guardian by far.

It gets healing power bonus, Adrenal Health does, with a paltry 1100 healing power you’ll knock it up to around 520hp/3 seconds. Natural Healing which is a 30 point Beastmaster Trait heals for 180/3 seconds by Comparison. There are multiple Ways to stack Regen on a Warrior, lets not kid ourselves. Hell I stack it on my Ranger Mainly from Dyawana Runes. You can also use your burst skills, I’ve done it, You can regen your Adrenal Bar up very quickly as a Warrior. You can Kite and Chase just fine if you use the right weapons (Sword or Greatsword, so pretty much the same as a Ranger) and all classes that use any type of regen are vulnerable to poison. Warriors don’t use Healing Power gear because they’re so use to 100b exploding people.

Rangers learned to use Healing Power Gear cause we simply didn’t have any better options

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

Playing against a good condition longbow s/s warrior with the torment / bleed stacking , great condition removal in hoelbrak/melandru and 2k toughness and now with much better condition removal in the class itself you’ll find yourself having a VERY hard time no matter what ranger build you throw at it. It actually is quite powerful and pretty anti-ranger with the reflection , aoe fields (fire dmg) and multiple torment and bleed stacking and the immoblization as well (pin down, etc) . It hasn’t surfaced yet much but it will once more and more warriors catch on. It’s easily the toughest warrior build I’ve ever faced and a warrior in our guild is very kitten good with it and kills most people you throw at it save for some very sneaky phant mesmers who usually end the duel with 10% hp themselves if not less. This is sPvP not wvw , not sure how it even pans in WvW.

Also keep in mind, with the aoes, and condi transfer of bleeds / burns and now torment which your pet will automatically take 150% dmg of because you can’t stop a pet ever even if you wanted to, it mutilates pets , it’s kind of crazy how fast they die even in full BM.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

(edited by Ryan.8367)

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

I will say this, the Longbow number 5 ability for Warriors is freakin Epic.

I will never understand why more people don’t go for Ranger pets either, esp right after you see someone swap their pet.

If I fight another Ranger, and I don’t think its a Glass Cannon that i’m going to stomp on, I’ll try and kill their pet.

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I came across this little gem. He was running a lolzy cc lock build with hammer/longbow/stomp. Wasn’t very happy to see me it seems. I swapped in Lightning reflexes for a low cd on stunbreak, my other option is signet for insta immobi rem but I never let him get a pindown on me.

Attachments:

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Ranger

Posted by: DargorV.8571

DargorV.8571

It gets healing power bonus, Adrenal Health does, with a paltry 1100 healing power you’ll knock it up to around 520hp/3 seconds. Natural Healing which is a 30 point Beastmaster Trait heals for 180/3 seconds by Comparison. There are multiple Ways to stack Regen on a Warrior, lets not kid ourselves. Hell I stack it on my Ranger Mainly from Dyawana Runes. You can also use your burst skills, I’ve done it, You can regen your Adrenal Bar up very quickly as a Warrior. You can Kite and Chase just fine if you use the right weapons (Sword or Greatsword, so pretty much the same as a Ranger) and all classes that use any type of regen are vulnerable to poison. Warriors don’t use Healing Power gear because they’re so use to 100b exploding people.

Rangers learned to use Healing Power Gear cause we simply didn’t have any better options

Don’t even need 1100 healing to break the 1k barrier, I’m currently running 800 healing from only trinkets and I’m at 1k/sec

Sure I kill stuff slower, but it gives way more breathing room and is easier on the nerves. You also don’t need to be hitting something to heal up, that is just priceless in some situations.

Not only that, Banner is the most OP heal in the game IMO, the range is ridiculous compared to guardian heals and its a fire and forget spell on top of the stat bonus.

But glass warriors will always dump on anything that isn’t clad in full berz and god forbids you dare trait into Tactics/Defense

(edited by DargorV.8571)

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Takes awhile depending on build. Since he apparently wasn’t running condi removal you could just run in circles with shortbow. But your typical condi build in full apothecary usually can’t be beat by Warriors. Usually only struggle with Mesmers and Necromancers using it myself since the regen is so high and condi damage is reliable.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Ill add my 2 cents since ive played a ranger and a skull crack warrior too, videos in my signature if you care to see.

A properly build warrior for solo will be using enough zerk items for 50% crit chance (which is full armor and weapons) and cavalier trinkets. With dolyak signet i have 3,200 armor and 19K health + wvw bonuses. Also ~98% crit damage and 100% crit chance in stuns. Almost as much power as a full zerk suit. Also with the new healing signet (i think its OP) gl killing one with sustained damage as a power build. As a condi build your cripple/imob/chill will instantly dissapear and when they use their burst they will remove 2 condis and they have shake it off on a 25 sec CD. If yiu dodge their mace burst skill they will prob hit your stupid pet and still remove 2 condis anyways.

You need to play offensively. Only stun break their actual mace burst stun. Use rampage as one when all of your stun breakers are down. People say here to burn through the warriors stun breakers and stability but good luck with that because i still havent managed to use all 3 off my stun breakers vs good skull crack warriors so a ranger wont have any better luck. Best case scenario is a stalemate. If the warrior decides to run you wont catch unless you run sword and gs with cooldown reduction. No matter how tanky you are if a warrior stuns you, you will lose ~80%-90% of your HP off a full HB.

As for warriors not using heal powet, its because you need to run at least 3 things that use heal power to make it worth it. #6 is 1. Adrenal health is 2. They need some form of high up time regen or healing shouts to make heal power worth it. Atm i dont forsee myself running shouts in a power build so 30 tactics are out of reach. Also melandru runes are a must have for melee warriors so dwayna is out of the question.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Honestly, ranger can perma dodge. Even if you get hit by the stun, Tu will restore 100% of your HP . It is very annoying when he chains you for 10+ seconds . But still, not that bad imo

in Ranger

Posted by: ChaosDoom.8459

ChaosDoom.8459

Don’t even need 1100 healing to break the 1k barrier, I’m currently running 800 healing from only trinkets and I’m at 1k/sec

Sure I kill stuff slower, but it gives way more breathing room and is easier on the nerves. You also don’t need to be hitting something to heal up, that is just priceless in some situations.

Not only that, Banner is the most OP heal in the game IMO, the range is ridiculous compared to guardian heals and its a fire and forget spell on top of the stat bonus.

But glass warriors will always dump on anything that isn’t clad in full berz and god forbids you dare trait into Tactics/Defense

Just curious on the calculation. How 800 healing power end with 1k/sec? If you don’t mind breaking it down for me.

Little Furry – Twin Terror of Crystal Desert
Guild KöMÉ – §Strength, Honour & Duty§

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Just curious on the calculation. How 800 healing power end with 1k/sec? If you don’t mind breaking it down for me.

800 Healing Power gives you

432/s from Signet Passive
230/s from Regen
471/3s for 157/s from Adrenal Health

819s

Not bad

Ranger with 800 Healing Power is

110/s from Signet of the Wild
230/s from Regen
133/3s or 44/s

thats 484/s

But warrior can;t use their #6 at all but rangers can, Troll unguent is 357/s if used as soon as its up. Thats 841/s overall. 484/s when Troll is down, 1430/s when troll is up for 10 seconds.

Still not bad TBH.

in Ranger

Posted by: ChaosDoom.8459

ChaosDoom.8459

Oh thanks Puandro. So the warrior 230/s regen comes from Dogged March right?

Little Furry – Twin Terror of Crystal Desert
Guild KöMÉ – §Strength, Honour & Duty§

in Ranger

Rym.1469

From what I saw, Dogged March regeneration heals for more than average regen from banner. @Xsorus – thanks for correction in A.Health, always good to know

in Ranger

Posted by: kurtdg.2370

kurtdg.2370

Dodged march is a 3s heal on a 10s cd (30% up time). Only procs on immobilize, chill, and cripple, which needless to say….still procs a lot but the benefit is only up 30% of the time at highest efficiency. Adrenal health is very determinate to how long you hold on to your adrenaline…..which isn’t long for most Wars. It’s just too hard to actually put an actual hps figure that would relate to the real scheme i.e. in combat with adrenal. The theoretical 819hps War is more realistically running probably ~550hps

The banner build I have on War running 1443 healing power:

464hps on signet w/tactics banner up
310hps on tactics banner

774hps + adrenal health.

It’s possible to get 1k hps on War s/tpvp in small bursts, but you have to be running full healing power builds and not use any adrenaline, and pick your banner up to #2. How many Wars have you seen that run full healing power, and never use adrenaline?

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Equip a shortbow
Laugh all the way to victory

But seriously, warriors are one of the classes I look at and just see easy kills. The only warrior whos given me serious trouble consistantly was a berserker rifle warriors, because he simply outhit me at range and kiting obviously was of no use.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

When i speak perma regen i mean running 30 tactics and getting regen from the banner. As ive said before you need multiple sources to make heal power viable in a build and dogged march itself is not enough to keep regen up a good amount. As for warriors being free kills, thats your average noob. We can talk theorycraft all we want but it really comes down to a player skill now when facing a warrior.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

Playing against a good condition longbow s/s warrior with the torment / bleed stacking , great condition removal in hoelbrak/melandru and 2k toughness and now with much better condition removal in the class itself you’ll find yourself having a VERY hard time no matter what ranger build you throw at it. It actually is quite powerful and pretty anti-ranger with the reflection , aoe fields (fire dmg) and multiple torment and bleed stacking and the immoblization as well (pin down, etc) . It hasn’t surfaced yet much but it will once more and more warriors catch on. It’s easily the toughest warrior build I’ve ever faced and a warrior in our guild is very kitten good with it and kills most people you throw at it save for some very sneaky phant mesmers who usually end the duel with 10% hp themselves if not less. This is sPvP not wvw , not sure how it even pans in WvW.

Also keep in mind, with the aoes, and condi transfer of bleeds / burns and now torment which your pet will automatically take 150% dmg of because you can’t stop a pet ever even if you wanted to, it mutilates pets , it’s kind of crazy how fast they die even in full BM.

Could you give me a link tothat buil BM?

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

Yea condi Warriors are a force to be reckoned with. Reflection, Fire Field + Immoblize, quick condi removal, good self regen, and mobility can ruin a Ranger’s day if he’s not aware. I run this on my Warrior and don’t have much problem with any class. In fact I love fighting Rangers just so I can reflect everything they have. It’s a little OP. Thankfully there is not much of it going around. All of the attention is on stun Warriors.