How is Bristleback in PvP?

in Ranger

Posted by: Jephery.8915

Jephery.8915

It seems like if you could actually catch someone in the Swap Quickness + Sic’em + F2 burst it could do silly amounts of damage.

But can you actually pull that off?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

I don’t think I’ve ever had its F2 land on a player – its projectile is so slow you can just side step out of it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

It’s a decent pet, problem is vs melee unless you can CC them Bristleback has allot of problems landing any damage.

Also Sic’em + F2 doesn’t work when you use Sic’em if you us any pet skill E.g F1 it will cancel Sic’em effect on your pet.

Good combo is to use Longbow or Staff, pull range CC and unload your pets F2.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

It can pull that off, have one of the best dps out of all the pets, but the bad thing about it is that it’s F2 is that it cannot hit anyone that’s not at the same height than the pet. So, if you try to hit someone in a flight of stairs, you won’t hit them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jephery.8915

Jephery.8915

It’s a decent pet, problem is vs melee unless you can CC them Bristleback has allot of problems landing any damage.

Also Sic’em + F2 doesn’t work when you use Sic’em if you us any pet skill E.g F1 it will cancel Sic’em effect on your pet.

Oh ok. Thats good to know.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: Hmm testing it in PvE, sic’em doesn’t get removed by F2. Is that a pvp only balance change?

(edited by Jephery.8915)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Oh ok. Thats good to know.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: Hmm testing it in PvE, sic’em doesn’t get removed by F2. Is that a pvp only balance change?

Stand corrected, they must of recently fixed it last time I tested it wasn’t working.

Also, if the target is under swiftness and is strafing towards you Bristleback will miss every single attack even under QZ, your target requires some type of movement impending condition on them for you to land Bristlebacks damage, unless there running directly at you and Bristleback has the strongest pet spike in the game.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

(edited by Sol.4310)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

IDK, on moving golem it works surprisingly well, it even change directions during channeling. Can be really nice to combo his F2 with fire field, as this pet got base condi damage of 1000.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

This has been patch-fixed and Sick’Em isn’t cancelled upon F2 use.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

This has been patch-fixed and Sick’Em isn’t cancelled upon F2 use.

Sick em cancel f2, and you can just test other way.
Cast f2, look at numbers, then cast sick em and f2, and you see no damage wncrease.
Enjoy the fix from devs.

To OP, these new pet does not hit in pvp targets who are higher or lower than pet, and you don’t even have to move.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

F3, pet stand by you, you are next to enemy, quickness, taunt F2. → big damage

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

There is something messed up with their missile attacks. I was trying and failing to hop to a vista in the jungle and some vet bristleback was trying to attack me. He never even got me in combat, despite me utterly ignoring him and hopping around in mostly the same place. The projectiles are crazy slow and they don’t seem to work on slopes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

What Fluffball said. If the target is on a higher level, a lot of times the attacks go right through the target and don’t hit at all.

I’ve also seen this occur in PvE. I’ve stood on a ledge while a veteran bristleback shot at me. I’ve watched all the ‘spikes’ shoot through me, but not one hit.

So, apparently, it’s an issue with the targeting system and not just the pet or mob.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Make sure you entangle or something equivalent right as the f2 lands. It’s got a ton of spike and can nearly one shot players if you can get the thing to hit.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

There’s a bug with the F2 making it so the projectiles will miss if the target and pet are on different elevations. Even slightly off and the projectiles go over or under (into the ground).

… I still want tengu.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

What Fluffball said. If the target is on a higher level, a lot of times the attacks go right through the target and don’t hit at all.

I’ve also seen this occur in PvE. I’ve stood on a ledge while a veteran bristleback shot at me. I’ve watched all the ‘spikes’ shoot through me, but not one hit.

So, apparently, it’s an issue with the targeting system and not just the pet or mob.

The attack works only on the X/Z axis and won’t adjust to elevation. It’s the same for Staff 4.

It’s GW1 all over again -_-

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

The attack works only on the X/Z axis and won’t adjust to elevation. It’s the same for Staff 4.

It’s GW1 all over again -_-

Same bug with warrior Rifle. Even Grass really often block projectiles from rifle xD

We have tested with warrior on WvW, he shoot me from 300 meters and all projectiles was – obstructed…

Was so much fun, when i can hit him on open ground from GS 2nd skill, and he cant shoot me in same time xD

(edited by Rizo.9534)

in Ranger

Posted by: Scrimschaw.5784

Scrimschaw.5784

Unfortunately, the Bristleback’s projectiles are slow and negated by any difference in the Z-axis between the pet and the target. Players can easily sidestep them, or walk up a 6 inch hill, and avoid 100% of the damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

The damage it deals is incredibly high. I kind of approve the mini-game of you and your enemies who are forced to dance as you sing.
And if you succeed in landing it all (like Eura already mentioned), your enemy is punished much more than he ever wanted. Risk/Reward at it’s finest

The Z axys issue just needs to be fixed. That’s pretty clear.

“Observe, learn and counter.”