How the Ranger could have been.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bleak.5796

Bleak.5796

Hey guys,
I just want to share my opinion how amazing(imo) the Ranger could have been.
I’m not posting this into ‘Suggestions’, because the devs won’t care about such more or less drastic profession changes anyways.
So let’s start.

Lore
In the past years the Ranger adapted more and more to the nature. He learned to communicate with the spirits of nature, be it animals or elements. That way he came to the point, where could not only tame the physical shell of an animal, but his spirit to unleash powerful, unrestricted attacks to his enemies…

Class Mechanic

• The Ranger himself has 100% dmg (not 50% Ranger, 50% Pet like it is now, i dunno the exact numbers)
  • No active pet, but 2-4 slots on the F1-F4 keys
  • Keep taming pets (their spirits) in the open world AND their F2 skills
  • Ranger can use the skills freely in combat by pressing the key
  • Now a ghostly form of the animal will appear and execute the skill
  • On the F1-F4 keys there can be only 1 skill per animal category

Example

• F1 Feline – (Jungle Stalker) 5 Might Stacks (maybe nerf it to 3 for balance)
  • F2 Bird – (Raven) Heavy Hit on high cd
  • F3 Bears – (Brown Bear) Shake it off
  • F4 Canine – (Wolf) Fear on high cd

Notes

• Maybe a bit OP.
  • Maybe nerf the F2 skills. Give them casttime, being interrupted, when interrupting the Ranger.
  • Maybe only 2 or 3 “F-Slots”
  • Pet-bound traits could be decreased, actually useful traits could be created

Of course this needs polishing, but i feel like Ranger would be so much more useful, that way. Right now we are relying on something, that just doesn’t fit into this game.
You can’t make a whole profession dependant on a pet, which can’t dodge, move in safety, think for strategies. This game is SO player-skill based. You can’t make such an intelligent AI, that it comes up for that.
That’s just my opinion, but i guess it’s pretty reasonable.
Anyways. Tell me how you like my idea.

in Ranger

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Really like this.

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Great idea.

There is one thing I don’t like about all the nice ideas on forum: after reading them I have to get back to reality, knowing ANet won’t use them :|

in Ranger

Bleak.5796

yeah.. of course i can understand that the devs won’t use ideas from the community for professions etc..
but i don’t see the whole pet thing working in a dungeon..
even if they improve their toughness and survivability, there will be a time when they die in a boss fight and then we lose huge amounts of dps, which really really sucks.

yeah.. of course i can understand that the devs won’t use ideas from the community for professions etc..
but i don’t see the whole pet thing working in a dungeon..
even if they improve their toughness and survivability, there will be a time when they die in a boss fight and then we lose huge amounts of dps, which really really sucks.f.e. i cant see my pet surviving at lupicus, whitout heavily restraining it from doing dmg..
i don’t really have hope for that mechanic, which is sad, since the ranger himself is really really fun, though being useless(compared to other professions) in some situations

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Hey guys,
I’m not posting this into ‘Suggestions’, because the devs won’t care about such more or less drastic profession changes anyways.
So let’s start.

Lore
In the past years the Ranger adapted more and more to the nature. He learned to communicate with the spirits of nature, be it animals or elements. That way he came to the point, where could not only tame the physical shell of an animal, but his spirit to unleash powerful, unrestricted attacks to his enemies…

Class Mechanic

• The Ranger himself has 100% dmg (not 50% Ranger, 50% Pet like it is now, i dunno the exact numbers)

Example

Notes

• Maybe a bit OP.
  • Maybe nerf the F2 skills. Give them casttime, being interrupted, when interrupting the Ranger.

Of course this needs polishing, but i feel like Ranger would be so much more useful, that way. Right now we are relying on something, that just doesn’t fit into this game.
You can’t make a whole profession dependant on a pet, which can’t dodge, move in safety, think for strategies. This game is SO player-skill based. You can’t make such an intelligent AI, that it comes up for that.

Oh wait, ArenaNet spent how many years developing this game ?

And you come up with a better Ranger in what, 15 minutes, the time you took to write that post.

I like your vision of how the Ranger could have been much more than the crummy ranger we have now.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Honestly, the pet is the main attraction to Ranger for me.

However, if they lower the leash range I will be rather peeved.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Ranger was the first class I leveled.

I got her to 80 and almost immediately put her down out of boredom. I think the only reason shes 80 is because the game was fresh and new for me and I had friends to play with.

After a few months, and leveling up a mesmer and playing with an ele and theif I can honestly say I find the ranger class to be extremely boring and flavorless. ANET is such an innovative, amazing, talented bunch of people, but looking at the versitility of classes like the mesmer, I feel like ranger was a missed opportunity. It’s cookie cutter. It’s bland. It’s been done before. I find it very disheartening to play a ranger and having it handle exactly like every other bow wielding class in every game ever. I really wish anet would give this class the complete overhaul that it deserves and do it gw2 style.

ANet if you’re reading this:
We still want bows, and we like the idea behind that ranger class… but the play style is bad. If you’re going to make this a pet class.. don’t make pets a hindrance! Allow us to chose our pets strengths and weaknesses! Allow us to play effectively without it a pet in certain builds! Give us some creativity! Listen to the OP!

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

I can understand how you feel that way Snow. On my Mesmer, I’m constantly using different skills, even in a “tank & spank” fight. On my Ranger, especially with shortbow, I can just stand back and auto-attack from a flank. Maybe use some skills if the target isn’t bleed-capped or poisoned or if it needs to be interrupted.

With the Ranger, if that bores you, I’d suggest trying out a different weapon, micro your pet a bit more, etc.

Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krugan.7901

Krugan.7901

We could even look at one of the latest league of legends champions: Quinn. Her pet puts a debuff on enemy units; it’s more a weapon than a separate entity, but with her ultimate, tag team, the pet replaces her with its own unique skills. When you use the ultimate again Quinn comes back and does a powerful move. Now, that would be cool if for example the ranger has to chose say 2/3 pet to carry with him based on the fight. You don’t have the 50-50/60-40/whatever damage split anymore but still keep the versatility.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Well I can say if this was how ranger was it’d make it a hell of a lot easier to discard my ranger and play an ele, Mesmer, engi, or necro…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Love this idea, make pets more like the guardians F1-3 abilities. Fixes all my complaints in WvW. I wouldn’t even mind if we had to spend trait points to get access to certain pets if it was like that.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

OP, very Impressive idea.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Ranger

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

So a Mesmer with Shattered Strength, Shattered Condition and replacing Distortion with an AoE fear?

in Ranger

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

I’ve seen this same idea posted a few times in the past. Personally, I would hate that as the reason that I play ranger is I love animals and the idea of having a pet. The whole spirit animal thing just doesn’t do it for me.

in Ranger

Bleak.5796

as already written it needs polishing and nerfing w/e.
don’t compare it to other classes and be like ‘oh that would be so OP, unfair, mimimi’
it’s more about to come up with an acceptable alternative/better way to play the class and not to create something that smashes and stomps everything away. if i wanted that i would have said ‘yeah for F1 we use the jaguar skill -> stealth ourselfs for 6sec and attack with 100% crit while that’

fine i accept that people like it the way it is.. beastmasterish..
of course i like the ranger too. i wouldnt think about ways to improve it, if i didn’t.
but the class mechanic just isn’t viable in some situations.. imo..
of course we can have fun with our pets and in normal pve it’s no problem. lvling the ranger and doing some events is very nice with ranger and his pet. but in terms of getting competitive, the pet just lacks the intelligence to deal with some situations.

(edited by Bleak.5796)

in Ranger

Leo G.4501

as already written it needs polishing and nerfing w/e.
don’t compare it to other classes and be like ‘oh that would be so OP, unfair, mimimi’
it’s more about to come up with an acceptable alternative/better way to play the class and not to create something that smashes and stomps everything away. if i wanted that i would have said ‘yeah for F1 we use the jaguar skill -> stealth ourselfs for 6sec and attack with 100% crit while that’

I was more or less comparing it conceptually, not in its effectiveness. ‘Ghosts’ or whatever that cast effects is exactly the concept of mesmer. You just have them taken out of the weapons and put them into updatable slots on the F keys.

Didn’t say it was OP or easymode or anything, but it’s pretty similar in style to mesmer there.

fine i accept that people like it the way it is.. beastmasterish..
of course i like the ranger too. i wouldnt think about ways to improve it, if i didn’t.
but the class mechanic just isn’t viable in some situations.. imo..
of course we can have fun with our pets and in normal pve it’s no problem. lvling the ranger and doing some events is very nice with ranger and his pet. but in terms of getting competitive, the pet just lacks the intelligence to deal with some situations.

I can’t speak on competitive play since I lack in that prospect but I see lots of amazing videos across a lot of the professions, including Ranger, in the situations were it counts (or at least where most people feel is the most important) and that’s sPvP and small-scale fights.

In dungeons, I can speak for at least all of them except high level fractals (35+) and it isn’t hard to keep a pet alive. If a shift is to be made in the class, I wouldn’t want it to be to make the pet disposable. That’s sort of what makes Ranger different from the others: they have pets that you don’t simply use as fodder (at least not most of the time) and is in turn stronger for it.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

The complaints about the pets that make them “not viable” are:

• They die too quickly / easily
  • They are stuck where they can’t attack

The first one could be made viable this patch depending on how much Ranger pets’ stats were increased and how much the improved AI helps in dungeons.

The second one could be fixed with improved methods for allowing pets to move to/from their Ranger and their target.

What am I missing here that can’t be fixed and makes the pet “not viable”.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

Hmmm, they still have problems hitting moving targets. Will that fall under the rubric of “fixed AI”? I dunno.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in Ranger

Posted by: jerkic.6319

jerkic.6319

Hey guys,
So let’s start.

Lore

Class Mechanic

Example

Notes

• Maybe a bit OP.

Oh wait, ArenaNet spent how many years developing this game ?

And you come up with a better Ranger in what, 15 minutes, the time you took to write that post.

I like your vision of how the Ranger could have been much more than the crummy ranger we have now.

Agreed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

It was advertised as a pet class.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Ranger

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

It was also advertised that classes were balanced.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in Ranger

Leo G.4501

The first one could be made viable this patch depending on how much Ranger pets’ stats were increased and how much the improved AI helps in dungeons.

The second one could be fixed with improved methods for allowing pets to move to/from their Ranger and their target.

A simple method might be to just have passive mode be a different pet with skills aimed for different things. For example:

Spiders
-active = what they do now and attack your target unless called back.
-passive = they stay by you unless you send them out, F2 is replaced by a version that applies their effects (the poison, weakness, etc) to a nearby ally but prioritizing the master unless out of range.

Cats:
-active = what they do now…etc.
-passive = when not attacking, they pulse fury and their F2 will buff a nearby teammate so their next 3 attacks are auto-crits.

Drakes:
-active = same
-passive = when beside you, they occasionally take a hit for you. Their F2 is some kind of armor buff so attacks have a chance of glancing off you.

More a means of giving you something to do with the pet at all times even if they died.

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Meh.
Just making the pets take reduced dmg from aoes in PvP while adding in a ‘go here button’ would work fine.

in Ranger

Daecollo.9578

It is balanced, rangers are one of the best but hardest to play classes in the game, you have to manage that bad AI pet.

in Ranger

Khayoss.2019

And a master of ranged combat, which in practice is not totally compatible with pets unless those pets also attack from long distance or have other uses beyond running into the line of fire and dying, or standing helplessly beside you on a wall.

in Ranger

garethh.3518

It is balanced, rangers are one of the best but hardest to play classes in the game, you have to manage that bad AI pet.

Sure, they are in the top 5~ classes.
But so are most classes…
They aren’t obscenely hard to play, it mainly just involves a bit of micro and good evade timing.
I have more respect for good mesmers/necros.

(I play ranger in under rank 100 tournies)

(edited by garethh.3518)

in Ranger

Daecollo.9578

Sure, they are in the top 5~ classes.
But so are most classes…
They aren’t obscenely hard to play, it mainly just involves a bit of micro and good evade timing.
I have more respect for good mesmers/necros.

(I play ranger in under rank 100 tournies)

Then you should know that after the changes, Ranger will probably be the best PvP class.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Hmmm, they still have problems hitting moving targets. Will that fall under the rubric of “fixed AI”? I dunno.

I surely hope so, though Robert’s honest opinion that this patch <paraphrase>“isn’t going to completely fix it but is a step in the right direction”</paraphrase> does not have me thinking the AI will be where we want it … just hopefully better than it has been.

Assuming it works correctly, the improved F2 should help with that.
The melee archetype AI should help as well in dungeons, though there are still plenty of bosses that come to mind that it won’t do a thing for :-/

Better yourself.

in Ranger

garethh.3518

Then you should know that after the changes, Ranger will probably be the best PvP class.

You should probably know from playing GW2 that it is a game of roles, and from what I’ve seen, at best rangers fill 1-2 roles revolving around small skirmishes or evade spam stalling…

Even with a mild bump to pet life they won’t be good at group engagements.
Even with a more responsive F2 they won’t be good at group engagements.
Even with a higher spirit proc rate (yet they said nothing about the crippling 10s internal CD) they won’t be good at group engagements.

I already am pretty clutch at working the pets F2, so at best this is a mild buff, mainly effecting my ‘protect me’ lifespan and the number of beastmaster rangers I fight.
Oh and I might win a fight or 2 that I wouldn’t otherwise where a thief jumps into the fight, since I will hopefully be able to more rely on an asap middle of the fight drakehound aoe imob.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

I like this idea, anet make this happen.

I do not understand those who still want their pets and the splitting (nerfing) of their damage. Although to make them happy have it so the beast master line changs the ranger from the cool and good idea listed above back into the borked class we have today.

(edited by Bailey.6892)

in Ranger

garethh.3518

I do not understand those who still want their pets and the spitting (nerfing) of their damage.

Just because Anet sucks at balancing/design doesn’t means the concept isn’t a good mechanic.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

I do not understand those who still want their pets and the spitting (nerfing) of their damage.

Just because Anet sucks at balancing/design doesn’t mean it can’t be a good mechanic.

Sadly I disagree based on what I have seen come out of anet since beta I doubt they can do it at least not with what they currently have to work with. Would love to be wrong, as the ranger was my first 80 and is the class I want to play.

in Ranger

Bleak.5796

A simple method might be to just have passive mode be a different pet with skills aimed for different things. For example:

Spiders
-active = what they do now and attack your target unless called back.
-passive = they stay by you unless you send them out, F2 is replaced by a version that applies their effects (the poison, weakness, etc) to a nearby ally but prioritizing the master unless out of range.

Cats:
-active = what they do now…etc.
-passive = when not attacking, they pulse fury and their F2 will buff a nearby teammate so their next 3 attacks are auto-crits.

Drakes:
-active = same
-passive = when beside you, they occasionally take a hit for you. Their F2 is some kind of armor buff so attacks have a chance of glancing off you.

More a means of giving you something to do with the pet at all times even if they died.

mh i actually do like this idea. it might be a good hybrid between the ranger now and my idea. also it would keep the idea of the pet, that walks next to you alive. very nice, actually.^^

in Ranger

Posted by: jpnova.4572

jpnova.4572

In my opinion rangers should get the option whether they want to be pet reliant or not.

I.E. the option to stow pets.

In stowed mode the rangers get the 40% damage boost that goes to the pet but at the cost of loss of toughness and vitality. They get F1-F3 skills during stow, F1 and F2 unique to the family and F3 unique to the specific pet.

Then there should be an active mode, where the pet/ranger system is as it is, but the ranger takes 20% reduced damage.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

40% damage boost, eh?

Please go to the mists with a warrior and a ranger, each with a greatsword. Just auto-attack the dummy. The ranger won’t be 40% behind the warrior. Maybe 25% at worst.

Now throw a cat pet into there. The ranger will beat out the warrior on dps.

20% reduced damage?
So that I could have 53% reduction after a dodge roll? 83% if also at 25% or lower hp (barskin)? And that’s before factoring in reductions from me wearing gear with toughness on it and the 300 toughness from WS … and I can still regenerate over 500 hp/sec?

That’s OP.

I do not want the Ranger to become the next Thief class. I appreciate that people acknowledge the player when they see a Ranger do well as they know it isn’t the class making things easy for them (like Guardian everywhere and Thief in PvP).

As Deus Ex Tree once said to me when we were just chatting about the class <paraphrase> Ranger doesn’t have the teleport, stealth, nor clones of other classes to help it cope with making mistakes </paraphrase>

I heartily agree. When I make a mistake on my Mesmer, I have my clones, blink (a teleport), and illusions to cover my tail as I try to hightail it out of there to recover or completely reset the fight. If I am in one of my near-perm swiftness builds, escape is trivial against anything that isn’t an ele, warrior, or thief. Then I just have to juke very well.

Better yourself.

(edited by Sebrent.3625)

in Ranger

Solid Gold.9310

Lots of talk, and I’m sure you all have high hopes…………….

Personally, I don’t think they will ever fix the pet.

in Ranger

Khayoss.2019

I don’t really care what they do in the end as long as they do something. I want direct control over my pets movement/placement/pathing and abilities plus pets that are capable of damaging people on walls and from walls, or the ability to make a build that stows the pet and acts alone, or the pet to be revamped to be more passive in nature, or anything else that gives me full control over my damage output.

If it makes the ranger an uber micro class, that is tough for new players to master, so be it. At least there would be an incentive to master it.

As is now, the pet is fine in most PvE and is stellar in sPvP. It a detriment, a handicap to our ability to function, in anything more than a very small encounter in WvW, and WvW is not about small encounters now is it.

in Ranger

stale.9785

40% damage boost, eh?

Please go to the mists with a warrior and a ranger, each with a greatsword. Just auto-attack the dummy. The ranger won’t be 40% behind the warrior. Maybe 25% at worst.

Now throw a cat pet into there. The ranger will beat out the warrior on dps.

20% reduced damage?
So that I could have 53% reduction after a dodge roll? 83% if also at 25% or lower hp (barskin)? And that’s before factoring in reductions from me wearing gear with toughness on it and the 300 toughness from WS … and I can still regenerate over 500 hp/sec?

That’s OP.

I do not want the Ranger to become the next Thief class. I appreciate that people acknowledge the player when they see a Ranger do well as they know it isn’t the class making things easy for them (like Guardian everywhere and Thief in PvP).

As Deus Ex Tree once said to me when we were just chatting about the class <paraphrase> Ranger doesn’t have the teleport, stealth, nor clones of other classes to help it cope with making mistakes </paraphrase>

I heartily agree. When I make a mistake on my Mesmer, I have my clones, blink (a teleport), and illusions to cover my tail as I try to hightail it out of there to recover or completely reset the fight. If I am in one of my near-perm swiftness builds, escape is trivial against anything that isn’t an ele, warrior, or thief. Then I just have to juke very well.

Repeat the test with longbow, and you’ll outdo us by more than 40% without a pet. Change yourself to a rifle, and we may as well log out, without testing.

in Ranger

stale.9785

I don’t really care what they do in the end as long as they do something. I want direct control over my pets movement/placement/pathing and abilities plus pets that are capable of damaging people on walls and from walls, or the ability to make a build that stows the pet and acts alone, or the pet to be revamped to be more passive in nature, or anything else that gives me full control over my damage output.

If it makes the ranger an uber micro class, that is tough for new players to master, so be it. At least there would be an incentive to master it.

As is now, the pet is fine in most PvE and is stellar in sPvP. It a detriment, a handicap to our ability to function, in anything more than a very small encounter in WvW, and WvW is not about small encounters now is it.

Don’t forget that the pet is an outright liability in dungeons.

And, for all that someone doubted the numbers, if you take a warrior, sans traits and gear, and a ranger, sans traits and gear, the numbers are blatant. Pets are roughly 40% of our dps. This has been tested, repeatedly – it’s not just a number ranger players made up to make us feel better about why we deal no frigging damage when compared to warrior/guardian/thieves.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

The mechanic you are proposing is plain boring. Please check your dictionary for the word ranger and post your ideas in the suggestions sub-forum. What you are suggesting is a poorly done warrior class with some shiny animations, much closer to a spirit walker or druid than a ranger.

I have been playing Rangers for many years and I for one am glad that they made their ranger class as close to the DnD class as possible. Rangers in Guild Wars are what rangers are supposed to be. They are not only archers and have never been.

While the class is obviously underperforming that doesn’t warrant for total remakes (and extremely poor ones at that). Rangers need improvements which they are getting (rather late but still welcome). If you don’t like micromanaging your pet and think it’s not rewarding I suggest you play another class.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

(edited by Wayfinder.8452)

in Ranger

Bleak.5796

your opinion mr. overranger~

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Nice as it sounds, I think it would be a shame to lose our unique class “thing”. I know it doesnt work great always atm and I use my pet less than most, but I’d sooner seem pets fixed that replaced. I think.

Nice idea though

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

There’s actually something even easier that they could do, that has been done in other games as well.

Make pets immune to ground-targeted AoE.
They’re supposedly going to change the AI to make pets attempt to get behind a target, thus avoiding cleave style attacks.

in Ranger

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

Hey guys,
So let’s start.

I get that, I often fantasize what the necro and engineer could have been if done ‘right’, imo.

These classes aren’t original concepts, plenty of mmos have done the exact same things. But instead of learning from them older games and taking the good and changing the bad, they decided to just wing it and see what happens.
They didnt even take the good stuff from GW1, there own namesake!
all in imo of course. =þ

in Ranger

Posted by: BlackhawkSOM.6401

BlackhawkSOM.6401

Man..I wish this game had a better taming system. Something about actually capturing a pet and making it grow along side you is what I miss in games. If this game had a breeding system/pokemon evolution stuff going on I would play pve just for that.

Retuxan-80 Ranger-Rank 40
Jade quarry, MoG

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Hey guys,
So let’s start.

I get that, I often fantasize what the necro and engineer could have been if done ‘right’, imo.

These classes aren’t original concepts, plenty of mmos have done the exact same things. But instead of learning from them older games and taking the good and changing the bad, they decided to just wing it and see what happens.
They didnt even take the good stuff from GW1, there own namesake!
all in imo of course. =þ

Oh, they did, they just gave most of it to thieves and warriors.
I mean, I guess we still get spirits but they are so hilariously bad compared to what we got in gw1 (EoE bomb amirite?), whats even the point?

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

There’s actually something even easier that they could do, that has been done in other games as well.

They’re supposedly going to change the AI to make pets attempt to get behind a target, thus avoiding cleave style attacks.

God I hope not. All I can picture is the stupid thing constantly trying to flank the enemy instead of attacking since it can’t move and act at the same time to begin with.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Solid Gold.9310

God I hope not. All I can picture is the stupid thing constantly trying to flank the enemy instead of attacking since it can’t move and act at the same time to begin with.

Looks like the pet thing will now take an even longer route, maybe, just maybe it’ll wander off and not come back !

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Loving your ideas, its a pity we won’t see anything like it here
Maybe in another game T_T

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Very nice idea. I would feel so much more satisfied if that’s how they made the Ranger. I only want to play berserker DPS but they’ve basically screwed that build over now, so I’m having to go with trapper ranger which I don’t find all that fun. I doubt they’ll ever make the pet AI as it should be and, frankly, I’m not all that bothered about pets anyway.

Come on Devs, take note!