How to kill Lupi as a Ranger!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sunset.1843

Sunset.1843

The meta is changing! New lfgs “looking for lupi rangers” !

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It has been that way for years.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Defense

Except that we cannot now trait to make it the larger 150 radius instead of 90.

in Ranger

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Ty for showing us what skill we used, wouldn’t have figured that out myself :O

in Ranger

Sunset.1843

I haven’t found a video of someone oneshotting it from the wall yet, so let me do my clickbaits!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I haven’t found a video of someone oneshotting it from the wall yet, so let me do my clickbaits!

I’ve never seen it done from the wall, usually just stand in front and do it.

One thing to note is that you can only do this at the beginning of phase 2. Frostbow team will kill lupi in the 1st phase, which is why there are no “LF lupi Ranger” posts on the lfg tool. People just kill it in the 1st 10s.

Ty for showing us what skill we used, wouldn’t have figured that out myself :O

It wasn’t a tutorial, it was a link out of courtesy so people can see the skill. Wake up to yourself.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

bladex.9502

One thing to note is that you can only do this at the beginning of phase 2. Frostbow team will kill lupi in the 1st phase, which is why there are no “LF lupi Ranger” posts on the lfg tool.

You’re gonna get nowhere near oneshotting him from the ground, you need to get on the wall which takes some goating to pull off.
Also, the “frostbow team that kills lupi in first phase” you are talking about has nothing to do with lfg tool.
This can only be done with 3 elementalists and a mesmer, that are all coordinated to use their skills at exactly the right time, not by random pugs

The fact that you post celestial trapper ranger builds to the forum kinda indicates to me that you have no clue what you’re talking about, and that you probably have never even killed lupi yourself

(edited by bladex.9502)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

One thing to note is that you can only do this at the beginning of phase 2. Frostbow team will kill lupi in the 1st phase, which is why there are no “LF lupi Ranger” posts on the lfg tool.

You’re gonna get nowhere near oneshotting him from the ground, you need to get on the wall which takes some goating to pull off.
Also, the “frostbow team that kills lupi in first phase” you are talking about has nothing to do with lfg tool.
This can only be done with 3 elementalists and a mesmer, that are all coordinated to use their skills at exactly the right time, not by random pugs

I’ve killed lupi from the ground at least 50 times with WD. That was when you could trait it though.

And two eles is enough. Who plays with random pugs? Get a guild.

And yes, I do post many many builds to the forums. If you don’t think Cleric is viable, you know nothing. Simple as that.

in Ranger

bladex.9502

I’ve killed lupi from the ground at least 50 times with WD. That was when you could trait it though.

You killed lupi from the ground with celestial trapper ranger?

in Ranger

Sunset.1843

And yes, I do post many many builds to the forums. If you don’t think Cleric is viable, you know nothing. Simple as that.

You have done it, but honey, that was befor they removed offhand training. Using your signet to increase your hitbox isnt close to enough anymore, you can barely reflect 2 or 3 Bolts from the ground with a 90 reflect radius.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You killed lupi from the ground with celestial trapper ranger?

No, it was Magi Short Bow.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You have done it, but honey, that was befor they removed offhand training. Using your signet to increase your hitbox isnt close to enough anymore, you can barely reflect 2 or 3 Bolts from the ground with a 90 reflect radius.

Like I said.

@ bladex.9502
I love how you edited your post to remove the Cleric reference and changed it to celestial trapper. GG. Considering I’ve never posted a Celestial trapper build either…

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

What’s this nonsense?

That’s just using Reflect

I really don’t see the point of showing this. People have been using Reflect against Lupi for years.

The only thing you’re showing is that Whirling Defense can Reflect, but then why bring it like it’s something new and unusual that noone has ever done before?

in Ranger

Sunset.1843

What’s this nonsense?

I really don’t see the point of showing this. People have been using Reflect against Lupi for years.

The only thing you’re showing is that Whirling Defense can Reflect, but then why bring it like it’s something new and unusual that noone has ever done before?

I haven’t seen anyone do it from the wall.
And after all, it is a form of entertainment! Some people did enjoy watching it + it took a fair amount of time to work everything out and actually getting it to work, so I have a fair reason to show it off if I want to.

Provocative Comment:
I dont see the point of you commenting, people have been complaining on reddit befor. Dont bring it like your comment is something new and unusual that no one has ever done befor. xox.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

It’s a cool video I admit, It’s just the way you present it.

in Ranger

bladex.9502

What’s this nonsense?

If this is nothing unusual, then do it yourself?
I wanna see a video of you goating your way onto that wall, on ranger.
Its not about the fact that we use a reflect, its about how we use it

in Ranger

Sunset.1843

It’s meant to be provocative and also a tiny bit satirical about the people complaining about the current state of rangers.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I haven’t seen anyone do it from the wall.
And after all, it is a form of entertainment! Some people did enjoy watching it + it took a fair amount of time to work everything out and actually getting it to work, so I have a fair reason to show it off if I want to.

Just qualify things like this with stating that it is your video and that reflecting lupi is still possible from the wall… etc. You were pretty vague.

in Ranger

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

My only qualm is why post the same thread twice? Once in dungeon forum and once here…

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

My only qualm is why post the same thread twice? Once in dungeon forum and once here…

The views, what else?
Also, don’t forget the reddit post too.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)