How to kill these builds?

in Ranger

Posted by: hunterkiller.5419

hunterkiller.5419

My current setup:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMEQJAVRjAVx15VWWo2Bg2jMlET2DDZ0RXBUv4oqiA-jUDBYfJDLMQUAJjqAg+AKBqIaslRFRjVNDSlCWDDwoDwuDyHAGA-w

targets:
healing bunker warrier and guardian. It is impossible to chip off their health, or are they cheating?

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

In my experience you’ll need more power and access to posion to bring them down if you want to go the power route. I’d swap frost trap for viper’s nest for the poison. Shortbow might not be the best choice even though it has more survivability than longbow, but your damage won’t do much harm in a healing bunker. If you already have ascended rabid weapons like your build suggests you could get rabid armor for karma and try with a trap build, or some other condi build. Mixing knight with rabid is not the best idea imo.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Well you’re problem is, you have a condition build with power gear…..

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Yes you totally can…. However drop sharpened edges, take companions might instead since that bleed will be 100% worthless to you, make sure you keep them poisoned constantly to keep their healing at a minimum, it’ll be a long fight (if they’re any good) but totally winnable.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

You seem to be lacking 2 trinkets.. but I am really not sure how you’e managed to have such low attack and condition damage. No idea where your damage is coming from :o

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: hunterkiller.5419

hunterkiller.5419

I am having mixes of accessories but ultimately i tend to suck at micromanaging so i’m running knight gear with melandru to avoid stuns and over condition users from hitting.

Running greatsword and shortbow, i’ve noticed i can’t seem to have balance thus leaning to power and condition damage.

thank you for your replies, I’ve been stacking the poison with shortbow for consistant reduction of healing so i was really out of ideas once another engineer dropped in considering the fight lasted more than 2 minutes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

with your set you will never be able to kill a bunker build (not a guardian, not a warrio… not an elementalist) simply because you focused on defense while getting low direct damage and low condition damage… really i don’t understand if your main damage comes from the direct or condition one…

also if you follow my build (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/A-Ranger-Guide-Power-Build) with maximized dps you will be able to deal 8k direct damage from rapid fire to a bunker guardian and about 12k damage to a bunker warrior. Oh and use spiders! poison is the best way to destroy those builds…