How to run the orb in SW?

in Ranger

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Can someone fill me in on what’s the optimal way to run the orb in the sPvP Spirit Watch map?

I can jump backwards with sword 2. And I can evade back with lightning reflexes every 45 seconds.

I can switch to longbow and knock them away from me.

Anything else am I missing that works even better?

Thank you!

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in Ranger

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

Swoop on GS. Entangle works well to slow down enemies chasing you.

Btw, you can use Sword #2 twice. Turn camera 180, leap backwards, turn back 180 leap forward. But I’m sure you already thought of that :P

(edited by paleeshi.1924)

in Ranger

Posted by: Fella Feller.4936

Fella Feller.4936

Best way to use the sword 2 I’ve found is to bind ‘about-face’ (instant180) to a convenient key. Hit about face, hit 2, whislt in the air ‘mouse steer’ the camera to where you want the 2nd leap to go, once you hit the ground take a single (or few more if you like) step and hit 2 for the second time. You can cover a lot of distance like this. Make sure you don’t have a target selected though, or the 1st part will move you away from them no matter your facing, and the 2nd towards them.

The GS Swoop is also really good, again, make sure you have no target.

Entangle is also great as Paleeshi mentioned, as are the dog pets (especially traited!) to help CC anyone trying to chase you.

Also try to make the most you can of the evades built into the sword (and dagger if you have it) and the block on the GS (this works as a block for 3 seconds vs ranged attacks, but if your hit in melee and the knock back tiggers it will stop).

Obviously it also helps to have a tanky build.

The Tally family of Desolation-
Victor(Ranger), Astral(Ele), Martial(Warrior), Erroneous(Mes), Ticker(Engi), Ravin(Thief)
with special guests Hematophagia(Necro) and Grace Burns(Guardian)

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Sig of hunt works while you have the orb, so if your entire goal is "flag capper" be something sturdy, use a GS and SB (I don’t like doubling up on ranged/melee weapons) take muddy terrain, sig of hunt and either frost or spike trap + troll unguent or heal as one, then shoot off to one of the back ways up, no one seems to check those and they don’t show the orb through the terrain making it easier to cap unnoticed.

I like to run with canines too because they throw the enemies onto the floor, that and swiftness does nothing while you have the orb (sadly).

Happy capping =D!!

PS: what I said is if your ONLY goal is to cap, you can totally cap with anything I’ve just found that what I said above is the most effective for being the orb runner.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna