How to use Celestial Avatar well

in Ranger

Posted by: MooCube.1450

MooCube.1450

Hi everyone

Does anyone have any tips on how to use Celestial Avatar well? When should I use it? I just don’t seem to ‘feel’ it.

Is it something that you would only use very occasionally? Otherwise it seems quite arbitrary. I’m looking for constructive hints and advice on when to use Celestial Avatar, thanks

Elwick Saberlin: Tarnished Coast
http://seekersofmaguuma.enjin.com/

in Ranger

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

If you’re looking to maximize your outgoing heals in raids or General PvE, CA 2-5 are arbitrary and unneeded. Take “We Heal As One!”, Quickening Zephyr, and the Zephyr’s Speed BM trait. Once your Astral Force is full, pet swap for Quickness, use Quickening Zephyr, then “We Heal As One!”, enter Celestial Avatar simultaneously and begin spamming Cosmic Ray on your target. You’ll be able to pump out 30 Cosmic Rays over the course of your Celestial Avatar with quickness at 100% of the duration of CA, and even in full Berserker will have fully healed your entire raid group.

Outside of CA, you should be DPSing rather than camping staff as I see most Druids do. You should be running Fern Hound for healing outside of Staff and blasting water fields. I know many Rangers hate the weapon, but Sword has one of the highest damage modifiers in the game, and the auto attack can be canceled through movement (if you know what’s coming ahead of time and can anticipate in order to break your auto), or immediately canceled through weapon swapping.

EDIT: Cosmic Ray, not Lunar Impact.

(edited by Viking Jorun.5413)

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If you are not healing focused in gameplay then yeah situational.

It’s better at healing other allies than yourself.
People will disagree with that, but really if you are getting focused hard then CAF could become your coffin as you are pretty much letting your foes freecast into you because CAF offers little offensive pressure. But if you think you are going to die anyway you might aswell die on full cooldowns. Sometimes you get good position and it can save your life.

Don’t bother spamming skill 1& 2 on other allies that are moving. The best use of these skills is either stationary allies or yourself if you can stay in the area of these skills as both are delayed.

If you want to heal moving allies skill 3 is hard to miss with and can also daze foes caught in it. If you want to heal yourself & allies at same time and you are all moving use skill 4. It’s healing tics are better than skill 1 and it affects larger area and its a water field that can be proced for more healing/regen.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

If you’re looking to maximize your outgoing heals in raids or General PvE, CA 2-5 are arbitrary and unneeded. Take “We Heal As One!”, Quickening Zephyr, and the Zephyr’s Speed BM trait. Once your Astral Force is full, pet swap for Quickness, use Quickening Zephyr, then “We Heal As One!”, enter Celestial Avatar simultaneously and begin spamming Lunar Impact on your target. You’ll be able to pump out 30 Lunar Impacts over the course of your Celestial Avatar, and even in full Berserker will have fully healed your entire raid group.

Outside of CA, you should be DPSing rather than camping staff as I see most Druids do. You should be running Fern Hound for healing outside of Staff and blasting water fields. I know many Rangers hate the weapon, but Sword has one of the highest damage modifiers in the game, and the auto attack can be canceled through movement (if you know what’s coming ahead of time and can anticipate in order to break your auto), or immediately canceled through weapon swapping.

You cannot spam lunar impact 30 times in one celestial form activation but I’m sure you meant Cosmic ray.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Yeh practically it’s all said.

If you are using grace of the land, the bet is to stay as long as possible within CAF.
Otherwise don’t bother, using CAF will make you to miss rewards as you are healing and not tagging.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Justine.6351

If you are using grace of the land, the bet is to stay as long as possible within CAF.
Otherwise don’t bother, using CAF will make you to miss rewards as you are healing and not tagging.

Wouldn’t blasting out some heals on allies for grace of the land and jumping out of CAF as soon as possible to dps again be more practical?

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Wouldn’t blasting out some heals on allies for grace of the land and jumping out of CAF as soon as possible to dps again be more practical?

No, because the staff is pure power and the damage is really bad.
The boon doesn’t last very long and if you don’t use staff building up the AF is hard.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Justine.6351

The boon doesn’t last very long and if you don’t use staff building up the AF is hard.

Isnt that why people are running aoe regen and the numerous small tic heals? And ofcoarse Astral wisp continues even after weapon swapping.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Isnt that why people are running aoe regen and the numerous small tic heals? And ofcoarse Astral wisp continues even after weapon swapping.

Last time i checked regen didn’t fill up the bar, but this class has got so may changes that i can’t say what is working and what is not anymore…

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Posted by: Hax.8701

Hax.8701

Last time i checked regen didn’t fill up the bar, but this class has got so may changes that i can’t say what is working and what is not anymore…

I just checked because I thought the same and the healing from regen is based off your healing power and counts towards AF when put on other people.

[Bae] Baewatch
Hax Shot
DH

in Ranger

Viking Jorun.5413

I just checked because I thought the same and the healing from regen is based off your healing power and counts towards AF when put on other people.

Regeneration along with heals from blast finishers, secondary effects, and Fern Hound and traited pet f2 skills all count toward Astral Force generation.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I often use CA just for #3, followed by #5 for damage and cc (and possibly glyph to pull mobs in).

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Regeneration along with heals from blast finishers, secondary effects, and Fern Hound and traited pet f2 skills all count toward Astral Force generation.

Secondary effects?

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Viking Jorun.5413

Secondary effects?

The traited post-heal AoE heal, Lingering Light — pretty much anything that appears as green numbers without you actually healing your allies.

(edited by Viking Jorun.5413)

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Secondary effects?

Traited post-heal AoE heal, Lingering Light — pretty much anything that appears as green numbers without you article healing your allies.

spirit of the nature still doesnt fill AF

I TOLD YOU SO