Huge BM change in the patch

in Ranger

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

One of the biggest changes i’ve seen in the patch is actually pretty interesting for the BM Build

Pets no longer have an initialization time after being summoned, where they would stand around doing nothing.

now this might not seem major, until you realize this instantly makes Zypher’s speed in the BM Trait line a lot better.

Before using that trait was pointless, as pets basically stood there for 2 seconds or so wasting most of that traits potential.

However with this change (and I did test it) they no longer do it…This makes pets like the River and Marsh Drake…Much Much better… as soon as you swap they’ll fire all their F2 at the target for some rather nasty burst damage.

So make sure you guys look over that trait when ya test… as that’s a huge boon in some cases.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Ranger

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

thx for the info xsorus. ill give 0 0 10 30 30.

with the crit dmg nerf i have lost all hope in my longbow and gs and sword builds.

for all asura player: radiation field did get a hugh buff too. im looking forward to test it

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

One of the biggest changes i’ve seen in the patch is actually pretty interesting for the BM Build

Pets no longer have an initialization time after being summoned, where they would stand around doing nothing.

now this might not seem major, until you realize this instantly makes Zypher’s speed in the BM Trait line a lot better.

Before using that trait was pointless, as pets basically stood there for 2 seconds or so wasting most of that traits potential.

However with this change (and I did test it) they no longer do it…This makes pets like the River and Marsh Drake…Much Much better… as soon as you swap they’ll fire all their F2 at the target for some rather nasty burst damage.

So make sure you guys look over that trait when ya test… as that’s a huge boon in some cases.

That was the one thing in the patch note that caught my eye as well, for the reasons you brought up. Funny not more ppl acknowledged that change, it’s major.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Yea, another thing when you use this ability…There is a really good way to basically make this a range attack for your sword/dagger build

What ya wanna do, is try and use Sword 2 first (the leap back) then swap pets and do it, This will make sure the enemy doesn’t run across from your pet breaking its LOS when it does it.

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

“as soon as you swap they’ll fire all their F2 at the target for some rather nasty burst damage.”

You mean after the 2.5 second windup casting time, right…?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: The Chosen Link.3247

The Chosen Link.3247

“as soon as you swap they’ll fire all their F2 at the target for some rather nasty burst damage.”

You mean after the 2.5 second windup casting time, right…?

Try harder. You mean the 1.5 second reduced to ~1s cast time with quickness?

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

I just noticed that Zephyr’s speed triggers on entering combat if you have your pet stowed, and doesn’t have an ICD, so you can swap when quickness is off for another 3 secs. Might not been news to others though.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

I absolutely love this little change in combination with general improvements to our pets and their F2. I can finally utilize my quickness boosted pet swap to the way it was always ment to work, no more leap attacks out in some random direction, or drakes firing their attacks blindly.

Like I said, this is major, guys.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

This is a game changer. I may go back to birds—love their burst and their aesthetics. I just couldn’t tolerate the insufferable delay in their F2s.

I wonder if these changes hold any hope for a power-based beast master…

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Would only like to mention, that even though these changes have resulted in buffs for the class, they really ought to be considered as bug fixes, since this is the way things should have worked from day 1.

I’m pretty sure call for ranger nerfs will come due to this, once rangers start to see that this has really improved things for us, and thereby start to use this to their advantage accordingly.

in Ranger

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

I just gave this a quick bash and my drakes flat out refused to activate their abilities when I pressed it, had to exit a fight and re-engage with spiders.

Anyone else having an issue with skill lag on drakes?

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Maybe it’s because I have been using a shout build, but when you change pets, they stand there and do nothing until you command them to attack….and this is after the previous pet was fighting….and I hadn’t used a shout for 2nd pet.

Guard Me really makes using the pet labor intensive.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I only played for a bit last night but it seemed to me that pets would use their f2 where ever they are standing, even if they are not in range of the target.

And I though previously that the would move themselves within the skill range first.

Can anyone confirm the behaviour here?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Xsorus gonna make another ranger video?

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

cast time is still too long on the drakes, making them nearly worthless to me. but pets are more responsive now and life is easier in spvp/dueling.

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Xsorus gonna make another ranger video?

Probably not….I’m playing ESO, and don’t see myself playing this game other then to check out the patches every now and again.

in Ranger

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I only use cats with a power might stacking build.

I noticed the F1 attack will immediately interrupt whatever they were doing to go after the target. 2 years to ‘fix’ this …

The F2 skill far from instantaneous. The snow leopard still stops for a 1-2 secs before starting it’s icy pounce animation. There is still the bloody client-server-client check thing going on, and the cat can still miss the intended target if the target moves while this is going on.

Sorry, but the pet AI is still a mess, and nothing has changed here, certainly not enough for me to warrant a single trait point in BM

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver