Hunter's Shot is Frustrating

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilrik.4630

Kilrik.4630

Why is it so hard to land a hunter’s shot? It feels like even if the target is selected in range within a 180 degree radius and not reflecting, it still misses half the time. I’m not talking about evades, blocks or even destroyed projectiles, though there are a lot of conditions to try to factor before even firing. I mean when all conditions seem in accordance, it still doesn’t trigger. Anyone have advice (non sarcastic) to offer on how to consistently land a hunter’s shot, or is the skill as wonky as it seems?

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Any kind of random damage done by you after you stealth will reveal you. That means Barrage, traps and anything which could do damage.

Also keep in mind the revealed debuff. Some other classes got surprise access to it: Spear of justice from DH is a good example. Engie and Warrior have reveal AoE.

Also blocks, evades, distortion, blind, obstructed (that happens a lot even on even terrain, Anet’s faults on that), immunity also will prevent the stealth to trigger.

That if there is not like a weird bug wich removes the effect if the target is more than x units…

PS: you better used to this, as ranger has a lot of weird clunky mechanics RNG based mostly for almost any effect and you don’t have much control over it.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

I noticed that hunters shot often does fail for seemingly no reason. Even on downed enemies in PvP.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Some skills destroy projectiles without a very visible tell. Reaper Shroud 2 and Revenant Hammer 4 are examples.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I noticed that hunters shot often does fail for seemingly no reason. Even on downed enemies in PvP.

that’s the obstructed feature. It happens a lot with Axe MH, even when you are almost on the target at extreme close up distance.

Which frankly is ridiculous when you see this bug affects only to the ranger’s weapons as i don’t see this happening when i play HamRev or DH .

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I get obstructed sometimes with hammer rev. Not nearly like garbage ranger longbow.