Hybrid Longbow Build (aoe)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

Updated this build* 28/02/2015

The idea of the build is to push longbow ranger limits.
Keeping the front load damage and range of the long but add in poison/burning/bleed.

If you play a ranger test it for yourself and see/compare to the regular comparable build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjEqUzaLLOrQ1ag+ga9CEAjNrJwdUUFpdJr4J-TphFABAcBAM4QAcwRAAl9HmqMAyPAAA

alternate build for more team support and damage reduction over condi removal

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjEq0raLLOrQ1ag+ga9CEAjNrJwdUUFpdJr4J-TphFABAcBAM4QAcwRAAl9HmqMAyPAAA

Three Minutes
twitch.tv/chompstomp

(edited by Dead Muppet.9718)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tom.8976

Tom.8976

Looks like fun i’ve always liked the idea of conditions while still using the longbow, i’ll give it a try later and let you know what i think

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I don’t play pvp but this build looks like a lot of fun. I guess noone would expect a LB to apply bleeding + burning

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I don’t play pvp but this build looks like a lot of fun. I guess noone would expect a LB to apply bleeding + burning

Oh, it can. I use it in one of my builds along with superior sigil of incapacitation. Only issue is that sigil is on critical. So to make solid use of it can be tricky but it is super fun. I also run that sigil on one of my guardian builds.

I should note that I use it in WvW – I just noticed this was s/tPvP – my apologies

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

(edited by Crapgame.6519)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

I put the wrong jewel in this build, I meant to put in berserker. I haven’t tested it with rabid. I’ll adjust the link to the build when I get home.

I’ll also be streaming it later in twitch if anyone wants to see it in action.

I imagine in wvw it would be stronger with the extra buffs

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

use spotter and a Carrion Amulet , rangers have enough crit hit to get enough crits just by using Multi shot attacks with Spotter and fury .

9% base
9% spotter
20% fury
38% crit hit is enough for pvp while the carrion amulet improves attack and condis both go hand in hand, though you may think it is low but it balances quite well with this type of build you posted going zerk amulet won’t do anything but give you more dps and lowers over all condi damage making your trait choices pointless as you need time to make sure those condis do enough damage.

using a carrion amulet allows you to deal both power and condi damage at the cost of Critical damage where that shouldnt be a issue as that only allows you to deal higher burst , that is now provided by RF and multi shot attacks to stack bleeds fast at a high amount.

it also works better with burning 1.3k burns + 271ish bleeds everytime you use RF and autos and barrage turns into a Aoe Damage nightmare dealing (though i use Remoresless rather than RTW in this type of build as RTW only supports Rampager or zerk amulets)
use Remoreless to stack Vun,Burns,Bleeds then the final condition from the barrage Cripple covers those vun stacks buried behind 3 other condis inproving damage by a further 10-25% .

suggested sigils Fire + sigil of earth even though your crit rate is not high nor low the extra bleed on crit while triggered with Sharpen edges will do you good as it stacks the intensity of the bleeds dealing more damage over a shorter amount of time.

end results you won’t need to use entangle as your main spike triggering krait runes , and will allow use of Rampage as one if your choice.

when using the full roation stealth+barrage triggers cripple,vun/bleeds and sigil of fire the damage adds up to nearly equal the zerker amulets burst because both sources are able to deal damage in both forms where using anti condi stances or anti direct damage skills only half of the builds dps output is shut down.

though you could use the torment sigil also as stronger condi cover if it does more damage than the added bleeds from earth.
then if you go WvW with this kind of set up , using Zerk/assasins for Crit hits the rest Cav and condi stats with food and toxic sharpening stones you can get 14sec bleeds on keen edge and 4secs on sharpen edges and the sigil of earth does 9secs of bleeds wit the 80% duration (make sure your off weapon set takes 10% condi duration to make most of the daggers condis this pushing the dagger throw bleeds over to 15secs with off-hand training you can keep 3 bleeds up perm and poison perm, then just rotate through the skills at the correct times to apply vun and Burst bleeds+ air sigil or fire , i’d go Air in WvW.

though this is just advise from my Experience with this type of build in Pvp and i run a slightly altered version for WvW (i don’t use the spirits and focus on bleed apllication with a higher amount crit damage gear)

in Ranger

Posted by: Pikka.6023

Pikka.6023

Problem with hybrid builds is you have limited ability to keep reapplying conditions, so versus any player with even modest condition removal, you effectively get no benefit at all; you’re just making their condition removal useful. Conditions and damage mix okay on celestial/sustain builds because they aren’t expecting to get kills on their own.

I think you’re better off forgetting bleeds with longbow and just using a few poison sources, like spiders and sigil of doom, to keep them from healing out of your bursts. Even when I go full condi in sPvP it’s ridiculous how fast some profession can shed conditions; I have to keep reapplying them at a really high rate to be effective.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tom.8976

Tom.8976

use spotter and a Carrion Amulet , rangers have enough crit hit to get enough crits just by using Multi shot attacks with Spotter and fury .

9% base
9% spotter
20% fury
38% crit hit is enough for pvp while the carrion amulet improves attack and condis both go hand in hand, though you may think it is low but it balances quite well with this type of build you posted going zerk amulet won’t do anything but give you more dps and lowers over all condi damage making your trait choices pointless as you need time to make sure those condis do enough damage.

using a carrion amulet allows you to deal both power and condi damage at the cost of Critical damage where that shouldnt be a issue as that only allows you to deal higher burst , that is now provided by RF and multi shot attacks to stack bleeds fast at a high amount.

Been doing really well with your input on the original build, i think this will be my new favourite ranger build for a while now!

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

It looks like that build editor is slightly out of date? This is the one most people seem to like: http://en.gw2skills.net/

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

9% base
9% spotter
20% fury

Been doing really well with your input on the original build, i think this will be my new favourite ranger build for a while now!

Just remember it can’t do everything soon enough you’ll find its weaknesses

in Ranger

Posted by: Ghostbear.5106

Ghostbear.5106

Im interested to see how this build plays out from a direct Damage point as well as follow up condition point.

I want to be able to run my ranger with zergs as well as roam and this sounds like it will help with zerg.