Hyjaxx back in the shop.

Hyjaxx back in the shop.

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

Salutations folks! After several months away ive decided to come back for a bit and work on my ranger stuff some more. my First evening back and my re-port331 is still extremely viable. although im still checking out changes and things that have been buffed/nerfed since i left. I will put variations of my 331/331dd/331r up after changes have been made.

Anyhow, whats been cooking with rangers as of late? anything fancy?

Jaxx

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

Hyjaxx back in the shop.

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

Welcome back. No major changes since you’ve left. Your builds will work just the same but with 25% less endurance regen.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

Hyjaxx back in the shop.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

hmm. well after one night Ive already made some small changes im excited to get some wvw testing in. only had enough time to give a thief the ole “Ike and Tina” then i had to bail for the night. so ill get some more going this evening.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

Hyjaxx back in the shop.

in Ranger

Noobie.1073

The build is still fun and annoying for a lot of people to fight 1v1. Thieves really hate that it takes more than the usual 2-shot to down a ranger and usually back off after the initial attempt.

Regen/conditon ranger is still one of my favorite builds to roam in, but I’ve changed directions and got out of the sustainable/condition builds I can get to see high DPS numbers with a bleeding/power ranger

Hyjaxx back in the shop.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

Yeah my change is from 331 to 133 so now i get the sharpening stone on hit ect and it lets me get 20 bleeds in a hurry lol. a thief tried to pop my lastnight and he went down like cheap date so im thinking im going to explore this route in greater length.

jaxx

Whoajaxx the Ranger

Hyjaxx back in the shop.

in Ranger

Noobie.1073

Yeah, I fell in love with the bleeding hearts build posted by another forum user. I tweaked it a bit for my liking, but overall, it’s been my primary roaming build. It surprises people when they get hit for 20 stack bleeds plus 8K rapid fire

The first thief I fought with that build couldn’t even be saved by stealthing lol. Of course you run into the exception and things get hairy every now and then, but for the most part, I’ve all but deleted my other toons for the time being.

PU mesmer was too cheese to keep playing so I came back to my ranger to get some excitement. Not to mention all the ranger hate is driving me nuts, so it feels good to be called a hack once in a while on a ranger lol

My new troll theme (for those who deserve it) has been to sit next to them while they slowly bleed out lol

Hyjaxx back in the shop.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

Well after my first evening back in WvW im looking forward to making some changes. But the Re-Port series of builds is still working strong. ill re link the builds tonight with the proposed changes and get the ball rolling for everyone interested!

Jaxx

Whoajaxx the Ranger

Hyjaxx back in the shop.

in Ranger

Posted by: firelightx.3980

firelightx.3980

I’ll start with my first question. Looked up your guide from before and gave it a whirl myself. Now… my Ranger is only level 41, so I’m sure a part of my pain is not having all the required traits. Or access to the type of gear needed. But anyway, question:

Why Guard? It seems like half the traits chosen are chosen purely to support using Guard as much as possible. Which I’m trying to do, but what’s the real benefit of doing so? What makes such an annoying utility worth using over, say, our quickness buff, or another signet, or something?

Hyjaxx back in the shop.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Guard is used simply because its the lowest CD shout. What people are really after is proc’ing the Nature’s Voice GM trait, giving both regen and swiftness.

In the build like this where one of the defining features is high healing, having the regen buff vital. Guard simply allowes for perma regen and swiftness thanks to its low CD.

Basicly.. people arent taking traits to support guard – they are taking guard to use the traits. People dont care what guard does or doesnt do as long as it procs Nature’s Voice.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Hyjaxx back in the shop.

in Ranger

Posted by: firelightx.3980

firelightx.3980

o.o

I need to get to 60 in a hurry, then.

Hyjaxx back in the shop.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

yeah with the regen on all my traits ect during a big fight i get a min and a half of regen on myself which is awesome for staying alive. guard also allows you to dictate when your drake does its blast finisher because its is always done after stealth breaks. it allows for a nice healing spring/blast finish to heal a group.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

Hyjaxx back in the shop.

in Ranger

Posted by: Roeore.6274

Roeore.6274

hiya Hyjaxx

You talking about your report 331 build still being viable prompted me to read the old thread. I have been interested in making a Direct Damage version of your build so have been playing around with the calculator just wondering what your opinion would be on this build any improvements you can see?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRBHPxG2JRFdBXZhiFsWGQaP4EzDTeFmF3D/rTCxCW1A-jUyAotBRTNApMwkoAlALiGbBsIasKGMlKRUt3oIa1SBMqwI-w

Hope its not too much trouble

Regards Roeore

Hyjaxx back in the shop.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

Heya there Roeore! thats more or less my Re-port331DD build. I was still working on it when i quit playing for a while so it isnt optimized. I found a couple issues with the DD version of the build.

1. the lack of condi damage means that you have to rely on the direct damage and with the build being so dodge/avoid/evade centric it gives you almost no time to “plant your feet” and dig in on someone.

2. The power is nice but with no precision you are getting no big crits ect the fact that the weapons used for the Re-port builds have fairly low Auto attack damage makes this even more noticeable.

Now one thing ive done with the build is take the 10 out of the beast mastery line and put it up top for the sharpening stone on hit trait. and it really shines. Last night i was able to drop 3 people at once with some nice tactical planning and nice guard placement for drake blast finishers to increase my healing.

As much as I want the DD version of the build to be viable its going to take some more work. If you like I can guest over to your server and help you with any potential issues you might be having.

Thanks!

Hyjaxx.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

Hyjaxx back in the shop.

in Ranger

Posted by: Roeore.6274

Roeore.6274

Hi
Thanks for the quick reply
With Fury this build would have a uptime uptime of 50 % crit chance and 30-40 extra crit damage depending on where i put the last ten trait points. Do you believe this will still result in poor damage output?

Thanks

Roeore