Hyjaxx's Re-Port331 ( The new hotness!)

in Ranger

Posted by: Stratos.4906

Stratos.4906

Got my hands on the Apothecary Sword/Dagger last night. Definitely made a difference but the constant weapon switching takes getting used to. Lot of learning curve with the sword but you cannot deny the effectiveness of the dodges built into the sword/dagger set. Looking forward to becoming more comfortable with this.

in Ranger

Stratos.4906

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet

But this is a possible alternative to this setup

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-F;5FFu-g2JDV-0;9-8Y;2EET9;14;00;027B2;0WRF7;26TsW6TsWOFl-tIP5;2VPVUWZXdYj3p48aV8F0J-9cV19c;9;9;9;9;9;54-6f

As for why on using Drakes for example instead of other pets, and not using the Crit Damage Talent.

Drakes F2 is their main attack, the crit damage talent won’t work on it, Companions Might however will increase the Drakes Power level up. when you have the person focusing on you, pop Rampage as one, use Horn Offhand to apply lots of Might Stacks, pop Drakes F2 (usually Lightning), since you’ll be weapon swapping, and have fury, he’ll actually crit a lot as well…and that Drake Lightning Attack will be a huge amount of burst.

What kind of rotation are you looking at? I like the idea of the build but are you finding it effective in practice or is this theory-craft until you get the gear?

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet

But this is a possible alternative to this setup

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-F;5FFu-g2JDV-0;9-8Y;2EET9;14;00;027B2;0WRF7;26TsW6TsWOFl-tIP5;2VPVUWZXdYj3p48aV8F0J-9cV19c;9;9;9;9;9;54-6f

As for why on using Drakes for example instead of other pets, and not using the Crit Damage Talent.

Drakes F2 is their main attack, the crit damage talent won’t work on it, Companions Might however will increase the Drakes Power level up. when you have the person focusing on you, pop Rampage as one, use Horn Offhand to apply lots of Might Stacks, pop Drakes F2 (usually Lightning), since you’ll be weapon swapping, and have fury, he’ll actually crit a lot as well…and that Drake Lightning Attack will be a huge amount of burst.

Something like that is what I was thinking, I think the problem with any similar cleric build is almost entirely that the damage is simply too low unless you add crits like you do here, I would actually take it a step further and use oil instead it would mean 8% higher critchance and I feel that is a bigger gain in damage than the 160ish power the sharpening stone would give, personally I always go for higher crit chance over power if I’m below 50% on pretty much any power build, I’m thinking also the protection from wilderness would benefit mainly the pet and using an already sturdy drake with signet of the wild with this much healing power isn’t desperatly needed another 5points in skirmishing would get you the 30% crits for your fury drake aswell.

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

yeah, For the Direct Damage something like this might work. you should make a thread with it on there so people dont get confused between builds.

Im really excited to work on the DD re-port331 with some celestial gear and see if that helps. its super frustrating because i believe i have the perfect wvw build with the Re-Port331 and 331R so for the DD version not to work as well is really a thorn in my side.

But rest assured, i will get it as viable as possible to make sure Rangers everywhere get a chance to enjoy the build.

Jaxx of GRIM
-Darkhaven-

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Ranger

Posted by: MrsKryten.5104

MrsKryten.5104

Thank you, hyjaxxx, for sharing all this great info! I’m still fairly new to GW2 and have been running a condition/trap build using shortbow and axe/warhorn (20/30/20/0/0). I’m not unhappy with it but I am interested in trying out something new as I’m getting more into WvW and want to see a different side of being a Ranger.

If it’s not too much trouble, can you update the link in your OP to reflect the most recent build (including the roaming one), gear, runes, pets and traits? The link still lists settler’s gear but I think you mentioned a few pages back that you swapped those out for apothecary instead. Since I need to retrait and acquire all new gear, I want to make sure I’m matching what you are now using based upon your recent tests. Thanks!

(edited by MrsKryten.5104)

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

yeah, For the Direct Damage something like this might work. you should make a thread with it on there so people dont get confused between builds.

Im really excited to work on the DD re-port331 with some celestial gear and see if that helps. its super frustrating because i believe i have the perfect wvw build with the Re-Port331 and 331R so for the DD version not to work as well is really a thorn in my side.

But rest assured, i will get it as viable as possible to make sure Rangers everywhere get a chance to enjoy the build.

Jaxx of GRIM
-Darkhaven-

Didn’t want to put it in its own thread because its just a version of your build.

Plus i’ve honestly not fully tested it yet, even though i’ve had the gear.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

yeah, i feel ya manekk, I dont use that method with the primary condi based Re-Port331 and 331R. But the DD version is in need of a little flair so i try things…thats how new metas are made, Amirite?

The condition version of the build is Unstoppable. it doesnt matter who i fight. during 1v1’s i can hear people rolling their faces on the keyboard..and that makes me happy. In 1v2 and 1v3 as long as they arent super coordinated i come out on top 75% of the time.

But with the DD version i dont have that same confidence. as i said i still feels hollow and lacking something. but with the celestial gear out. im hoping for some new combos to spice things up.

as a side note…Im possibly thinking about transferring servers to a more wvw centric one. Any suggestions?

I wouldn’t mind seeing your final version of your condi build. I see a few different version listed throughout.

Also, how do you roll in WvW ? Reason I ask is in your first post your build has no movement to get around.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

Nice effort here Hyjaxx. I haven’t played my ranger in months, but this group friendly build peaks my interest.

A few questions/concerns:

1. With the improved boon duration – is the reduced shout cooldown and the Nature’s Bounty regen increase better than nature’s protection and commanding voice/mighty swap. Mind you I can see you wanting swiftness 100% uptime.

2. I am wondering about the Runes of Altruism due to its 30 second cooldown. I can see it being better for a class with a lower cooldown heal (not thief but maybe mesmer). I suppose you could drop to a lower cooldown heal, but then you lose the condition removal and opportunity to blast finish with your pet/groupmates.

3. I would imagine autoattack on both weapons is very weak due to no power/precision. Sword 2 also has a cripple but no condition damage. I guess you need the sword for the evades as opposed to the shortbow, but the sword damage looks pretty mediocre. I can see why celestial gear might help this build in that respect. I guess you are trying to make the best out of a non ideal situation.

It seems like an interesting build to play as you have to micromanage pet with guard/swaps – though some complain that the constant casting of guard impedes the flow of the fights and makes it less enjoyable. I guess I should try it out with some masterwork gear before buying the equipment. Nobody seems to do Southsun any more, so I guess it is Apothecary armor and weapons and Settler’s trinkets.

Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

Well to answer some questions folks have been asking.

1) yes ill put up a separate Build link for the 331R

2) The Altruism Runes are just for the original 331, the 331R uses Rune of the Grove, to great success.

3) In regards to settlers gear/weps i know its almost impossible to get so people can just use apothecary. your toughness will be a lil lower. but no biggie.

4) getting around..with 100% uptime swiftness is always on so its no biggie, plus alot of other swiftness buffs increase duration. which makes life easier. Also with sword 2 and Ltn Reflexes i can move 2400 Units almost instantly. ( although learning to pop twist your mouse is a must)

5) In regards to Guard getting in the way of combat, used properly it does not. On the way into battle i pop it for the swiftness and regen. I will cast the Guard where i know Either myself or my enemy will be So my pet will open with a P4 Ability.

So usually if im running towards someone i will cast the guard where we are going to meet. and make sure i get a Bon fire down ASAP because as soon as the pet engages he uses the blast finisher.

Otherwise , During a fight I almost never cast guard at all. Unless im in a group and i want a Huge heal for my group. then ill cast Healing spring and guard on top of eachother. the blast finish in the HS does a Huge heal, During that same time i will use S2 to do a leap finisher into it. that series of moves can heal an entire group to full in a quickness.

and lastly. The Direct Damage of this build is low, but its just a filler for the low points in condition distribution. having said that. my sword auto attack hits for about 350-700 a hit and it hits roughly twice a second, and follows them as they run. So if one of my cripple is almost off cooldown i will piggy back the enemy with my sword 1 until its ready for cripple, The ill pop the cripple and switch to torch, that way they are loaded with conditions, crippled, then hit with my Geo Swap followed by torch. very effective.

Since running my Re-port331 and 331R I have not lost a 1v1 and if im fighting other rangers i can fight 3 fairly easily. Once you run the build you can work on rotations and lil moves that really make it shine. Nothing drops the mouth of an enemy like a ranger that can hop from battle into a healing spring and out again with their health filled.

So dont be afraid to go nuts, deselect your target during the fight to Monarch in different directions, Only to Ltn Reflex back into their face. Keep it fun and the deaths will just keep on coming!

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: ninjambo.3784

ninjambo.3784

Hyjaxx you are mistaken about the leap finisher into water field. That only heals you :p. Whirl finisher from Axe 5 sends regens flying everywere and blast finishers heal 5 people. I use offhand axe atm to get more regens on people from my water field.

Stawker / Lord Stawk
Founder and former Guild Leader of [RET] Reticle
Current Guild Leader of [BLNT] Better Luck Next Time

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

I know that the leap only heals me, i was referring to the blast finisher from the drake healing everyone in conjunction with the healing spring. then using the leap to top myself off. It was early and i was still on my first energy drink hehe.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: ninjambo.3784

ninjambo.3784

Ok just making sure gotta love healing spring. I wish rangers had more to offer though in organized wvw. Everyone in my WvW guild has re rolled gaurds or eles lol im last ranger standing :p

Stawker / Lord Stawk
Founder and former Guild Leader of [RET] Reticle
Current Guild Leader of [BLNT] Better Luck Next Time

in Ranger

Stratos.4906

Not sure what is more depressing. The gold spent to get this build going, in terms of Apoth gear or the corpal tunnel I am getting from running it. Great build but I am not sure it’s working out for me. I appreciate all your work on this hyjax.

(edited by Stratos.4906)

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

Ok stratos, Hold on. whats seems to be the issue? if your talking about having to use guard, as i stated in my above post it doesnt need to be used that often, just as your running into a fight or when you know you want your pet to do a pet4 ability.

Now on the other hand if your talking about it being an active build with switching wep sets/pets ect. Thats what it is meant to be. This is a players build, thats for sure. as Rangers we dont get the luxury of being viable by just smashing the 2 key repeatedly like thieves.

if im missing what youre saying completely. let me know so we can resolve the issue.

let me know!

Jaxx

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Stratos.4906

Nah mah hands hurt I am old. That’s the problem. It’s not the build, it’s me.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

well, this sounds like a challenge to me! so here we go! The Hyjaxx “old people special”

switch your Runes to Dwayna , change your shout trait to something else you like. Get rid of guard and use the run speed signet.

There you go. your regen will hit instantly. you dont have to worry about swiftness. so you will just miss the ability to use pet4 stuff and them getting protection.

Try that my man!

Jaxx….The Old people problem solver!

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

MrsKryten.5104

well, this sounds like a challenge to me! so here we go! The Hyjaxx “old people special”

switch your Runes to Dwayna , change your shout trait to something else you like. Get rid of guard and use the run speed signet.

There you go. your regen will hit instantly. you dont have to worry about swiftness. so you will just miss the ability to use pet4 stuff and them getting protection.

Try that my man!

Jaxx….The Old people problem solver!

LOL! I was finding spamming guard while running around a little awkward at first but I’m used to throwing traps so it wasn’t such a big transition for me. The problem with the above tweak is that you lose granting swiftness and regen to the party, which is a major feature of this build. I used to use warhorn for party support but I think your build is much more useful.

I’m still using my rampager’s gear (waiting for Karka Queen to open and too cheap to buy apothecary) but have already seen a difference in WvW. I didn’t instantly drop with my previous build, but I perform much better now when flipping supply camps and random encounters with small groups. The constant swiftness is very useful even if I do have to press a mouse button every 10 seconds. Things seems fine in PvE as well but I’m still using rampager’s so I’m anxious to see how things work with the proper setup.

I’m looking forward to fully using this build once I get the proper gear and see how the damage compares to my old setup. That said, I do miss my short bow. I feel awkward with the sword but getting used to it.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

yeah, i dont suggest anyone making those changes to the build. but that guy said he was old and had bad hands. so i was just trying to help.

in regards to you feeling awkward without a bow..that feeling goes away pretty fast when you can actually kill things and be productive hehe. then you will be like " wow this melee stuff is amazing!"

Jaxx of GRIM

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Nah mah hands hurt I am old. That’s the problem. It’s not the build, it’s me.

Couple of things that I use that might help you are a 2-pedal foot controller, and a mouse with 6 buttons on the left side, for thumb control. I purchased both from amazon. The mouse is a Razer Naga, and the pedals are “Fragpedal Dual PC Gaming Footpedal.”

I play barefoot, and use the left foot pedal for Guard (or my Oh Kitten! skill when not running Guard) and the right pedal for my heal. I use the thumb buttons on the mouse for F1-4, pet swap, and weapon swap.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

haha thats awesome! If i brought home gaming foot pedals the misses would promptly throw my computer out the window. that and my dogs sit at my feet so they would be all up in my business!

anyhow, great suggestion!

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

…and my dogs sit at my feet so they would be all up in my business!

A REAL Ranger would train those dogs to push the pedals.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

lol. my pug leans against the wall just to lift his leg to pee…I dont think he is Spec’d for the job!

haha!

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: SubAce.9863

SubAce.9863

Hey Jaxx question for you.

What back item are you using and where did you get it?

Thanks!

80 Ranger DH Abyss

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I have a feeling this build would work very well with the new celestial armor . What would the total per stat be with full celestial trinkets, weapons and armor ?? 450 ish ?? 500ish ??

(edited by Chokolata.1870)

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

I have a feeling this build would work very well with the new celestial armor . What would the total per stat be with full celestial trinkets, weapons and armor ?? 450 ish ?? 500ish ??

Here you go Chokolata.

I just swapped out the Weapons, Armor and trinkets only.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

awesome, tyvm . I think altruism runes are better suited for a build designed to do physical damage .

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

Well the direct damage version of the build is still being tested. So I’m hopping around between altruism,grove ,earth and more. I haven’t said anything regarding the DDre-port331 because I still feel I have a ways to go on its completion.

What I’m thinking is…for the DD version. Running all celestial and because of the wide spread of stats, ditching the gs and going S/A + A/D the runes /sigils still working on em .

In regards to the normal re-port331 and 331R I’ve moved on to testing against multiple opponents due to the fact that nothing can beat the build one on one. So I’ll be testing synergy and viability on v2s and v3s.

Hopefully one day the DD version will be to this point lol.

Thanks again

jaxx of GRIM
-Darkhaven-

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Goldmember.4368

Goldmember.4368

@jaxx

You say nothing beats the 331r build 1v1, but while roaming last Night I just could not down a thief that ended up killing me and our sentry. I’m using undead runes since all my gear is apothecary. With my 25 condi stack and food my condi damage was 1750. He got low hp toward s end of the fight but just can’t figure out how to effectively apply conditions when they are invis most of the fight and steal my boons.

It was deflating my ego espcially when I was 1v2 fighting against another ranger and a warrior when a thief joined their fight against me and I was down in seconds.

Spider, wolf, your build 331r, undead runes.

I don’t believe that the protection from earth runes it’s all it would have taken.

What I’ve noticed is my passive regen only comes from my trinket and shout.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

Thieves and Necros are going to take the longest to kill. But I have never been beaten by either of them. Matter of fact i havent been beaten in a 1v1 on this character since even before the patch, but now even more so with the Re-Port331 and 331r.

a couple thoughts on your post though.

first, The Protection synergizes with the regen to offer a huge damage mitigation in conjunction with the toughness of the build. So yes it is very important.( keep in mind the rune of the grove is only for the 331R, the regular 331 uses altruism)

Secondly. Just because you run the build doesnt mean your personal skill level has gone up. You will need to practice with the build. Ive had people copy my build then meet at fight clubs and Die in 10 seconds.

with this build you need to have fast reaction speeds as the build has a high skill ceiling. learning how to pop twist in order to make your S2 take you where you want to go/ using Ltn reflexes to go forward rather then back. Also dropping a healing spring to heal yourself , fighting for a bit , then using S2 to hop back into the healing spring then back into the fight!

This setup gives the ranger and Parkour feeling and really keeps things exciting, Its up to you to make the magic.

Jaxx of GRIM
-Darkhaven-

Whoajaxx the Ranger

(edited by hyjaxxx.1584)

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

I really would love to see some videos . I am not entirely convinced about guard . The lag that comes from the cast time + pet movement is such a turn off for me .

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

Chok, ill whip up a video for you. as i said you really only open with guard or if you need to use a pet4 ability and to get swiftness/regen churning.. anyhow ill get a video together for you

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

@jaxx

You say nothing beats the 331r build 1v1, but while roaming last Night I just could not down a thief that ended up killing me and our sentry. I’m using undead runes since all my gear is apothecary. With my 25 condi stack and food my condi damage was 1750. He got low hp toward s end of the fight but just can’t figure out how to effectively apply conditions when they are invis most of the fight and steal my boons.

It was deflating my ego espcially when I was 1v2 fighting against another ranger and a warrior when a thief joined their fight against me and I was down in seconds.

I don’t believe that the protection from earth runes it’s all it would have taken.

Thieves are basically anti rangers, their abilities (stealth) allow them to excel in an area we are weakest (burst damage) a thief will eat any ranger up if you assume somewhat equal skill because the class mechanics so strongly counter ours because we basically lack burst damage almost entirely and he can just restealth endlessly (literally) making our sustained damage we are good at almost nonexistant, if he is using sword+dagger he’ll also strip you of and steal all your precious defensive boons for himself so that can actually work against you there.

Some aoe helps, you can use geomancy for this swap weapons when he just stealths for one cause it’s an aoe application learn wich attacks is best to dodge etc one pretty useful trick to avoid a backstab for instance is to disengage with sword 2 when he stealths it will also allow you to open on him with some conditions rather than him on you with his burst.

As for losing 1v2 or 1v3 this should really be expected completely regardless of class you shouldn’t be able to win in a situation like that and you will never do it either if they have any semblance of skill it’s the bads you can beat up like this but there are plenty of them around on the other hand.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

I really would love to see some videos . I am not entirely convinced about guard . The lag that comes from the cast time + pet movement is such a turn off for me .

It would be so fantastic if it was an instant cast and I think it really should be it’s a kitten shout for christ sake it would open this to me cause I can’t get past having that cast time so often, it’s something you have to get used to I think though and most will even if I couldn’t myself

in Ranger

Posted by: Goldmember.4368

Goldmember.4368

@jaxx

You say nothing beats the 331r build 1v1, but while roaming last Night I just could not down a thief that ended up killing me and our sentry. I’m uwhosing undead runes since all my gear is apothecary. With my 25 condi stack and food my condi damage was 1750. He got low hp toward s end of the fight but just can’t figure out how to effectively apply conditions when they are invis most of the fight and steal my boons.

Thieves are basically anti rangers, their abilities (stealth) allow them to excel in an area we are weakest (burst damage) a thief will eat any ranger up if you assume somewhat equal skill because the class mechanics so strongly counter ours because we basically lack burst damage almost entirely and he can just restealth endlessly (literally) making our sustained damage we are good at almost nonexistant, if he is using sword+dagger he’ll also strip you of and steal all your precious defensive boons for himself so that can actually work against you there.

Some aoe helps, you can use geomancy for this swap weapons when he just stealths for one cause it’s an aoe application learn wich attacks is best to dodge etc one pretty useful trick to avoid a backstab for instance is to disengage with sword 2 when he stealths it will also allow you to open on him with some conditions rather than him on you with his burst.

As for losing 1v2 or 1v3 this should really be expected completely regardless of class you shouldn’t be able to win in a situation like that and you will never do it either if they have any semblance of skill it’s the bads you can beat up like this but there are plenty of them around on the other hand.

Thanks for that reply. I know I may not be as skilled as some in wvw but I do rather well when the playing field is even. I was actually able to ignore all the damage from the guardian while focusing on the ranger, who i killed but the thief prevented my stomp.

I do enjoy this build though and will just keep looking for fights. Running the undead runes brought my toughness over 2k, healing 1k, Condi 1.7k with good and stacks. I don’t want more healing power with full apoth so next best choice for me is undead or e as rth runes.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

@jaxx

You say nothing beats the 331r build 1v1, but while roaming last Night I just could not down a thief that ended up killing me and our sentry. I’m uwhosing undead runes since all my gear is apothecary. With my 25 condi stack and food my condi damage was 1750. He got low hp toward s end of the fight but just can’t figure out how to effectively apply conditions when they are invis most of the fight and steal my boons.

Thanks for that reply. I know I may not be as skilled as some in wvw but I do rather well when the playing field is even. I was actually able to ignore all the damage from the guardian while focusing on the ranger, who i killed but the thief prevented my stomp.

I do enjoy this build though and will just keep looking for fights. Running the undead runes brought my toughness over 2k, healing 1k, Condi 1.7k with good and stacks. I don’t want more healing power with full apoth so next best choice for me is undead or e as rth runes.

I like to think of it this way in regards to 1vX fights everyone that likes to duel alot will know you sometimes run into a really good player that is hard to kill from any class and even if you do it can be very close, just imagine 2 of him and you’ll quickly realize you stand no chance of winning and the downed state make it even harder in an exponential fashion.

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

Yes it is a solid build. I’m sure a few people will take it and tweak it to more fit their playstyle and/or outright improve it. It is a good build that has it strengths…and weaknesses.

A bit of false bravado though to claim it can’t get beat 1v1…..and when someone does lose a 1v1 they are told the build is fine, but you need to improve.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

i said i had never been beaten with it. Im sure there are plenty of players that can whip my backside. but i havent come across them. and by no means did i say L2P i said the class with this build has a very high skill ceiling, which it does.

in regards to the v2 and v3s as long as the 2 players arent communicating via chat or voip they dont pose too large a risk. …the V3’s the players have to be tards…lol

but in all seriousness, the build is fine, its great. it can always be tweaked here and there. to cater to playstyles. but with the tons of hours of testing ive done. the 331 and 331R are both pretty amazing. now the DD version is another story…and needs alot of love lol.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

i said i had never been beaten with it. Im sure there are plenty of players that can whip my backside. but i havent come across them. and by no means did i say L2P i said the class with this build has a very high skill ceiling, which it does.

in regards to the v2 and v3s as long as the 2 players arent communicating via chat or voip they dont pose too large a risk. …the V3’s the players have to be tards…lol

but in all seriousness, the build is fine, its great. it can always be tweaked here and there. to cater to playstyles. but with the tons of hours of testing ive done. the 331 and 331R are both pretty amazing. now the DD version is another story…and needs alot of love lol.

I’ve already said it many times but I’ll do it again anyway this build has many defensive strengths but barely any offensive ones since it’s easier to reach a high condition damage whithout nibbling on healing or toughness stats it is still strong in that department however physical damage absolutely requires crits to pose offensive threat and that is harder to get without eating up either healing or toughness.

I think this is about as good as you can make it while keeping full clerics, it’ll equate to perma fury from warhorn and elite at about 45% critchance with this setup, the crits won’t be huge though because of the lack of +crit damage but it was always a defensive build first.

Anyway try this if you haven’t already

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMQQNBMhF6koiKL7CSxCWLDItHZi5hJvCzi7h/NKh4Br+8A-jUyAoNioRKCIJaIaZxioxWKHiW1NsqZioalNmBvIa1yAYuAA-w

An option would be to mix in a few pieces of knights armor to gain some extra crits the added toughness should be enough that the loss of healing power isn’t of any huge concern, yes that’s probably a good idea something like cleric armor and trinkets and knight weapons would be enough to push it over 50% critchance while still having about 1000 healing power I think.

(edited by Manekk.6981)

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

I’ve already said it many times but I’ll do it again anyway this build has many defensive strengths but barely any offensive ones since it’s easier to reach a high condition damage whithout nibbling on healing or toughness stats it is still strong in that department however physical damage absolutely requires crits to pose offensive threat and that is harder to get without eating up either healing or toughness.

I think this is about as good as you can make it while keeping full clerics, it’ll equate to perma fury from warhorn and elite at about 45% critchance with this setup, the crits won’t be huge though because of the lack of +crit damage but it was always a defensive build first.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMQQNBMhF6koiKL7CSxCWLDItHZi5hJvCzi7h/NKh4Br+8A-jUyAoNioRKCIJaIaZxioxWKHiW1NsqZioalNmBvIa1yAYuAA-w

An option would be to mix in a few pieces of knights armor to gain some extra crits the added toughness should be enough that the loss of healing power isn’t of any huge concern, yes that’s probably a good idea something like cleric armor and trinkets and knight weapons would be enough to push it over 50% critchance while still having about 1000 healing power I think.

Crazy timing. The past hour I have been trying to create a power/healing build with GS.( It is such a great weapon for roaming in WvW). Instead of S/WH I was looking at A/WH. I dunno if I could pull it off without some type of range. Even taking your build and changing food to butternut squash soup might be enough to get crits involved once in a while. This was my version. Very similar to yours (used in solo/duo roaming WvW)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMQQNBMhF6EoiuK7CSxCULDItHZi5hJvCzi7Rp0Jh4FbcyD-jEyAoNioRKCIJaIaZxioxWULiGramIqWZjZwLiWtQAjWAA-w

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Crazy timing. The past hour I have been trying to create a power/healing build with GS.( It is such a great weapon for roaming in WvW). Instead of S/WH I was looking at A/WH. I dunno if I could pull it off without some type of range. Even taking your build and changing food to butternut squash soup might be enough to get crits involved once in a while. This was my version. Very similar to yours (used in solo/duo roaming WvW)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMQQNBMhF6EoiuK7CSxCULDItHZi5hJvCzi7Rp0Jh4FbcyD-jEyAoNioRKCIJaIaZxioxWULiGramIqWZjZwLiWtQAjWAA-w

That’d work about the same I think, but I would still change the runes to gain a higher uptime of fury rather than getting the extra crit dmg, I know I am almost contradicting myself since I just made the point about low damage/crit damage being the problem, but having a permanent 20% critchance is worth alot more than slightly higher crits in spurts I think.

in Ranger

Posted by: Keops.6183

Keops.6183

I need your help to understand how some conditions builds, like the new RePort-331, can manage to apply a lot of conditions.

FYI I have played since launch as either a full GC or (lately) with a mix of cleric-knight gear to get good regen and decent crits.

I look at the weapon sets and utility skills and there are so few conditions applied. And here I am talking about the damaging conditions (bleed, poison, burning).

Sword MH has poison.
Dagger OH has a poison and 3 stacks of bleed on a 15 sec (or less with traits) timer.
Axe can apply many stacks of bleeds.
Torch has tons of burning.

With the torch we can have near permanent burning on a target, however the number of bleeds we can apply seems really low.

So in the end, most damage comes from?

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

I need your help to understand how some conditions builds, like the new RePort-331, can manage to apply a lot of conditions.

FYI I have played since launch as either a full GC or (lately) with a mix of cleric-knight gear to get good regen and decent crits.

I look at the weapon sets and utility skills and there are so few conditions applied. And here I am talking about the damaging conditions (bleed, poison, burning).

Sword MH has poison.
Dagger OH has a poison and 3 stacks of bleed on a 15 sec (or less with traits) timer.
Axe can apply many stacks of bleeds.
Torch has tons of burning.

With the torch we can have near permanent burning on a target, however the number of bleeds we can apply seems really low.

So in the end, most damage comes from?

It’s a combination of all the conditions on all weapons combined with the sigils it actually produces quite alot of damage and on someone with poor condition cleansing it will completely ovewhealm them very fast and even if they have good cleansing they can still get stacked with damaging ones because you also apply chill and weakness consistently both for it’s direct benefits but it will also “hide” the other conditions on the target.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

well, first allow me to say. the Re-Port331 isnt a burst build, it allows the constant application of heavy conditions and enough CC to make it stick.

Having said that. i can get 14-18 stacks of bleeds on a target super quick with a geo swap. nevermind that with this build you constantly have Poison/Weakness up on the target so their healing and regen is way down. now add the 885 Burn per tick and its sexy time for sure.

I know its not a useful base but outside of the camps i can kill a raptor or bear in roughly 5 seconds. which seems adequate.

Jaxx of GRIM

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Tracker.6483

Tracker.6483

@Manek

As a power build with these stats, your damage will be fairly low considering how high most peoples toughness is in WvW. I feel like you need 3500 power or more with that crit rate to be felt enough by anyone other than zerk thiefs.

Just my 2copper.

@Hyjaxx – agree with Axe/Torch all the way. It really does outperform shortbow.

Thanks to BOTH of you for the theorycrafting and testing out of new ideas for the community.

(edited by Tracker.6483)

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

@Manek

As a power build with these stats, your damage will be fairly low considering how high most peoples toughness is in WvW. I feel like you need 3500 power or more with that crit rate to be felt enough by anyone other than zerk thiefs.

Just my 2copper.

@Hyjaxx – agree with Axe/Torch all the way. It really does outperform shortbow.

Thanks to BOTH of you for the theorycrafting and testing out of new ideas for the community.

I know it wouldn’t be any kind of damage to brag about I was just theorycrafting (I don’t use this setup) something that would get enough crit (45% chance) to be viable it would be around 3000 power though with mightstacks so it’d be ok but still suffer from the lack of +crit damage then instead, I’ve been saying all along the problem with clerics in this build is the kittenty damage.

(edited by Manekk.6981)

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

Yeah, this build was not intended for direct damage and it does not flow nearly aswell as the condi based 331 and 331R. i was just working on it for the people that really wanted to do direct damage.

its also why i havent posted a set in stone DD Re-Port331. once i work out the bugs ill post it .

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Tracker.6483

There’s some hope that a power ranger will get some love as it was mentioned in the last state of the game video.

Cross your fingers. =)

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

There’s some hope that a power ranger will get some love as it was mentioned in the last state of the game video.

Cross your fingers. =)

There’s no problem playing a power ranger and still keep solid survival you can make a real powerhouse using this shout aswell you just have to forego the higher healing power in favor of crits and crit damage stats and migrate atleast some points into skirmishing, another thing I like to point out a permanent regen on any build with alot of toughness is powerful even at 0 healing power, many seem to think it’s not worth it just cause they are in knights or whatever imo nothing could be further from the truth it’s 130health/s as base that is a good regen and always worth it.

in Ranger

Tracker.6483

Totally agree on regen.

in Ranger

MrsKryten.5104

I finally got my Settler’s gear (had to guest onto Fort Aspenwood as they seem to do the Karka Queen event nightly). Hyjaxxx, I have a newbie question for you regarding the apothecary amulet. How do I make the exotic one ascended, or do you buy the one listed in your build somewhere?

Did a couple hours of raiding last night with this build and it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to testing the full setup next time.