I Need Help, Ranger DPS Build Needed

in Ranger

Posted by: Sil du Soleil.2347

Sil du Soleil.2347

I have no idea and there a lots of builds out there but I don’t know what to follow. So I’m just going to give a rough idea:

-I prefer to use a longbow.
-I’m looking for a high damage PVE build (I don’t play PVP, sadly)
-With slight sustain or survivability (Maybe 80% dmg 20% sustain or 90%dmg 10%sustain)

I’m a casual player and just want to play GW2 because I find the game stress-free and relaxing. However I’m worried about the build as I don’t know where should I spend my hero points on, what runes to use..etc.

If you guys can give me a link that would be really great. Thank you very much. Your help is highly appreciated.

in Ranger

Posted by: VictoriaCross.3205

VictoriaCross.3205

Hey;
With recent changes to Vicious Quarry power ranger is good again.I started playing game again after 4 year break,so i crossed same path as you now.
I prefer LB Axe /WH Full Zerker plus full scholar runes. My Amulet + Rings + Accessories are ascended.(all from LS Story and Fractals).It is very easy to use and very safe for fractals, boss mechanics
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAT3XjUqQNLWyCGsAXLGyDKeD69gvvhh/I2AoAW7RcG

in Ranger

Posted by: Megas.4980

Megas.4980

Your option for high damage in PvE is the Quantify condi build (you can substitute some viper’s gear with sinister). No longbow though, sadly. https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/ranger/condi-ranger-quick-guide/

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

For general openworld PvE I’d go with power before condi.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Hey;
With recent changes to Vicious Quarry power ranger is good again.I started playing game again after 4 year break,so i crossed same path as you now.
I prefer LB Axe /WH Full Zerker plus full scholar runes. My Amulet + Rings + Accessories are ascended.(all from LS Story and Fractals).It is very easy to use and very safe for fractals, boss mechanics
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAT3XjUqQNLWyCGsAXLGyDKeD69gvvhh/I2AoAW7RcG

Power ranger is NOT good again, it’s still way too much dps difference between Power Guardian. But it’s abit more useful in open-world at least.

Our highest dps sword + axe is around 23k with fully buffed pet, but ironically if you want a fully buffed pet you need to grab nature magic, which lowers your overall dps by at least 2k compare to grabbing Marsmanship.

Power Guardian can hit 34k without swapping out GS even once, and 35~36k if do the scepter rotation.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

For general openworld PvE I’d go with power before condi.

Very true.

Condition ranger is bad for open world because:
1. It requires too much positioning (flanking at point-blank range sucks)
2. Takes time to build up the stacks , it’s a waste when you deal with trash mob.
3. Requires the foe to stay completely stationary.
4. You literally give up all the defensive traits you can grab for the condition trait.
5. You literally give up all your utility for traps and no survivability.

Power ranger is MUCH more flexible in Open-world.