I already have a berserker warrior

in Ranger

Posted by: Kovac.4372

Kovac.4372

…should I go for the same stuff on the ranger too?

Or should I gear up and make a build more condition oriented or something?

For example some people have only a guardian and they like to try and give it as much damage output as possible. I have both guardian and warrior and so I don’t need my guardian to do my damage for me, if a dmg dealer is required I’ll hop on my warrior.

Now I have a ranger and I see a lot of great builds that are crit dmg focused, berserker gear builds and I already have a warrior for that.

Advice?

in Ranger

Posted by: IcomeINpeace.2085

IcomeINpeace.2085

It’s really fun.. But you better bring greatsword so you can get some breathing room if things get rough/you mess up a move.

IcomeINpeace [DERP]

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

I would be cautious. We don’t know how hard rangers will be hit in the incoming condition nerf everyone sees coming. Otherwise, I would tell you to go full condition damage or a rampager setup if you really insist on power based damage. If it is pvp/wvw you plan to do, avoid longbow and power based builds in general. I would advice you to wait until the next patch for sure before you decided.

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Or should I gear up and make a build more condition oriented or something?

This

Anyone who tells you go all Zerker on ranger…. is ignoring the fact that Pets don’t benefit from gear. Pets benefit from Attrition. And the best way to get attrition is to find stuff closer to the old BM fotm’s & abuse the heck out of regeneration sources… or atleast go Valk’s and cross your fingers for good RNG. (atleast that’s not as boring as PVT… and it’s actually your best possible support set in dungeon PUGs). …Just don’t take too far though. No one wants a Knights/Sent ranger in their speed run, K? (too much toughness means you steal aggro off the REAL Melees and then stuff scatters which is BAD).

But yeah… the only excuse for Zerkers is if you do nothing but Zerg all day long.
If you do, more power to ya I guess but just remember: You could run NAKED in a zerg and still perform exactly the same as if you had all Ascended Gear & a Legendary. :p

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Ranger

Posted by: Killsmith.8169

Killsmith.8169

Which gametype?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Zerker Ranger if you hate condition damage or for easy tags on pve bosses. Otherwise condi is better in every way.

Personally I hate conditions and use a zerker ranger, but I KNOW I’m sacrificing damage and survivability in favor of a more fun play type.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

No matter what condition or power pets don’t benefit from our gear. Play the way you want and adapt it to the situation.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

Is your question if you can play a Ranger with the focus on condition damage or if another profession would fit that better?

in Ranger

Posted by: crossoverAtt.9680

crossoverAtt.9680

Regardless of whether a Full Zerker ranger is viable or not, you may be disappointed with that set-up if you already have a Zerker Warrior. Rangers don’t have a big damage, 1 shot skill that really puts the hurt on people(like backstab or kill shot). The closest thing to it, is Great Sword #2 Maul. Whether it’s condition or physical damage, Rangers provide sustained pressure on their target. There really isn’t a gank build, and even if you create one, it would likely be less enjoyable than your warrior version.

If you don’t have a preference for condition vs physical power, I would let the weapon choice decide for you. If you are going with any type of power build, you’re going to go Long Bow/GS. If you enjoy using those weapons, then find some sort of power build that works for you —- there are lots. If you do go that way, don’t go full beserker. Because LB 2 & 5 are multiple hit skills (10 X 2750, 12 X 3600, etc) an extra 210 points in precision get you 1 extra minor damage crit within those 10 or 12 hit chains. Instead, those 210 points could be 2100 health, which you will need until Anet realize Rangers need more than 1 non-elite condition removal. Now that the stealth option on Remorseless is fixed, you can LB 3 — go stealth – switch to GS and then Maul or GS 5 for an automatic crit on command with 30 in marksmanship — which you would likely need on any sort of power build.

If you are going Condition damage, you really need to go shortbow as your primary and stack bleeds like crazy. My little Asura can hit up 20 stacks of bleed (w/ pet help) and a sigil of earth. The secondary is much more flexible. Probably some combination of Axe/Sword and Torch/Warhorn, situation dependent.

Some people love Long Bow, hate short bow, love sword, etc. Figure out which weapon set you like and then pick the appropriate means to damage.

(edited by crossoverAtt.9680)