I don't want to play my ranger anymore

in Ranger

Posted by: Trippen.3408

Trippen.3408

…well actually I do, but i’m burnt out from him being a second tier profession in SPvP.

I’ve tried a lot of build thus far. Some that come to mind: shortbow bleed stacking with zephyr and sharpening stones toughness and condition, trap and condition stacking (with torch and shortbow), shortbow precision, longbow power and precision, NM and BM tanky heal stacking, BM pet focused, Torch and burn duration stacking with sword and dagger offhand.

My favorite build is probably the torch and burn duration stacking because I set them on fire, then just run around like an idiot. It probably isn’t the best build, but I enjoyed it. Bleed stacking with SB was fun but felt lackluster when zephyr and sharpening stone were down. I really enjoyed a heavy trap – condition build, because it would s**t all over HS spamming thieves.

But anyways, I realize that a main component to Rangers is their pets. Well, our pets are crap. I understand they are bugged – but they need vast improvements. Their special abilities should not have a cast animation, they should be instant. They should have a constant movement speed of 130%. No more having to spec into our pets having increased movement speed so they can actually start doing the job they were meant to do. If you think about it, a pet is just a tool that allows us to stay on par with other classes. Well this tool is unreliable, it is slow to attack and chase, it can easily be killed, and it sometimes won’t do what you want it to do. Make it so a pet has 75% reduced damage to aoe attacks. This will atleast keep pets from dying without being targeted. Doing something like continuous restoring 3% of their total health every 5 seconds would do wonders in their ability to stay alive. Continue improving pet’s pathing issues. They need to be as reliable as casting a DoT on an enemy. Keep their dps weak, thats fine. Just make them have consistent damage so they can be relied upon.

This brings me to my next point: survivability. I think the ranger needs improved mechanics. Right now, Hide in plain sight, Barkskin, and shared anquish are our best mechanics for survivability and they are ALL in the Wilderness Survival tree and they are ALL traits. Well what happens if you don’t want to spec in wilderness survival? Sure, you can focus on using special abilities like Signet of Renewal or Stone or the Protect me Shout, but pets are unreliable and die easily. These abilities take up very valuable special skill spots – which greatly hampers your dps. Rangers have very little, if any, escape options. Therefore, when we get into a battle, we either need to kill our target, or lose. Ideally, a mechanic that would allow us to reset a fight. But that may be wishful thinking.

I just want to kill some good Mesmers already

in Ranger

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

try elementalist and complain about rangers aftet that

SFR

in Ranger

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Actually, this is a false example. For one reason and one reason only, elemenalist’s have a place on the battlefield, their AoE is insane. Rangers aren’t good at anything, want range? roll thief/warrior and that’s the only thing rangers are meant to excel at and they don’t even do that. Friend has an elementalist, while I’m complaining about the lack of DPS I’m doing, he’s loving killing people on castle walls, so yeah no.

in Ranger

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

same here my elementist friend complain about being squishy everyday but I hear him say this all the time ." Ok I took 4 b4 they gank me, good deal!" I laugh at this all the time.

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in Ranger

Posted by: Dice Dragon.4326

Dice Dragon.4326

“Keep their dps weak, thats fine. Just make them have consistent damage so they can be relied upon.”

Then you know what your gonna see? “omg ranger pets do no damage wtf”

All we need is them to do is be able to attack while moving and they are square. I personally think if they made the trait natural healing a 3% of health heal it would be amazing. 3% flat with no traiting is well. op.

in Ranger

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

Actually, this is a false example. For one reason and one reason only, elemenalist’s have a place on the battlefield, their AoE is insane. Rangers aren’t good at anything, want range? roll thief/warrior and that’s the only thing rangers are meant to excel at and they don’t even do that. Friend has an elementalist, while I’m complaining about the lack of DPS I’m doing, he’s loving killing people on castle walls, so yeah no.

if rangers aren’t good at anything than i must be playing a different game

Leogolas ele struggles at killing 4 mobs so if u talk about pvp unless they are afk or complete idiots i dont see how it can happen
Ele can do something only with help other than that it is only runing around not to die
any other class can do better both solo and in group for pvp

SFR

(edited by Batlav.6318)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I thought the same thing till I ran into the bunkers, they are nearly impossible to kill. I thought hmm…all eles can do is bunker, then I ran into a couple eles who melted me as fast as any thief, now Im under the impression that atleast they have 1-2 viable dps burst builds because Ive only seen 2-3 eles capable of doing it but 9-10k dragons tooths hurt, either way, Id like it if ranger had the ability to melt classes like that. We dont.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

if rangers aren’t good at anything than i must be playing a different game

Leogolas ele struggles at killing 4 mobs so if u talk about pvp unless they are afk or complete idiots i dont see how it can happen
Ele can do something only with help other than that it is only runing around not to die
any other class can do better both solo and in group for pvp

I really want to argue with you but I have no kitten idea what you’re saying

RIP in peace Robert