I have Dreamer and I want to use it.

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I made the one legendary in the whole game I truly wanted to make and I’d like to give the other profession who can use it a better try. I am mostly on my thief to use it and I love murdering things with unicorns. However, I don’t see many builds using SB outside a few in PvP (and I don’t PvP much). I mostly run in PvE situations, dungeons and fractals and what not. Seems like the meta builds run with LB and SW/D/Axe but LB is so boring and has that knock back that all Rangers get lumped into using.

Are there any semi-viable builds that use SB as a secondary? I run dungeons and fractals with my guild, and I try to avoid the elite groups who only want the meta run. I don’t mind running spotter and frost spirit for the usual dungeon meta…I just would prefer to be able to use the expensive legendary I put all the time into. Would I get kicked out of PUG if I used the SB instead of the LB?

I don’t know ranger too much, I started one a while ago but it fell into alt/mule land and I’d like to try it again.

in Ranger

Posted by: Androlan.9487

Androlan.9487

I play a condi ranger and use my dreamer along with sword dagger in pvp. Condi is a ton of fun and I enjoy playing it versus anything else

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Dungeon ranger mostly uses 1 handed sword, so your ranged weapon isn’t that big of a deal. LB obviously does a lot more damage as you close the distance, but as you said if you’re playing in groups that don’t care about efficiency, it doesn’t matter if you’re using the SB as you close the distance.

That seems like a silly excuse to use it though, you’d be better off using it for an efficient condi build in PvP or WvW. Solo with a SB is a bit weird because you can mostly only trigger the bleeding from behind by using CC.

in Ranger

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Hey Rabidsmiles,

The problem here is that you like dungeons mainly. Conditions arent optimal over there. Therefor I advice to find groups which are tolerant and play for fun. Also give pvp a shot. It can be so much fun! I personaly like to run 2/0/6/6/0. Taking survival skills and survival of the fittest for condition removal. I take shortbow and axe/torch. Shortbow has great utility. The evade is really helpful and the stun and cripple help you flank to apply bleeds. Also taking muddy terrain is useful for flanking! The axe has very good condi spike on skill 2.
Try it and good luck!

Greetings, V

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Ranger

rabidsmiles.5926

I have been dragged off to team PvP and honestly, I enjoyed it with my guild mates. It was fun while on TS with people I am friends with but I can’t see myself hot-joining. So yeah, I know SB is good for PvP.

I just want to kill all the things with my Dreamer and not have to switch out to LB. I know condi isn’t great in Dungeons…wish they hadn’t turned my Unicorn bow of death into a neutered condi wet noodle.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Blame the devs for making PvE berserker only. I would run with whatever, it’s PvE…you can’t lose, only do things slightly slower.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

A SB condi ranger in a dungeon group would be low enough on damage that even people who don’t care at all about speed might be annoyed with him, and that would be compounded by those types of groups not skipping enemies. I think you’d be stuck with complete noobs and uplevels, and you’re more likely to have your condis overridden by people in masterwork gear with little condi damage.

in Ranger

rabidsmiles.5926

Oh I wouldn’t be running a condi ranger in the dungeon. I’d be running the zerker meta, just swapping the LB for the SB. I know it’s not the best set up…but I made the kitten legendary and I want to use it. It was the only one I wanted to make…

I know SB isn’t a power weapon, and honestly I don’t really care much. Would only be using it as a source of range damage when needed. I have no problems running sword or GS and would probably end up using the melee more than the SB of course. I just want to use it

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

[…]I love murdering things with unicorns. […](and I don’t PvP much). I mostly run in PvE situations, dungeons and fractals and what not.

Using sb on thief in combat situation is already pretty bad, so it doesn’t appear you care too much about meta and stuff. In that case I can just say roll with the sb and whatever, you did on thief you can do it on ranger.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Ranger

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

All those wasted hours of grinding just to make a MLP-Slinger?!? No serious ranger would ever dream of using such an abomination. Seems to fit your attitude perfectly then, so why did you ask in the first place? Desperately needed some validation of your choice of virtual empowerment?

Do whatever you want, it’s just a game. IF that conflicts with the “do whatever you want” of an/other player/s, adjust your own “do whatever you want” accordingly.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Ranger

rabidsmiles.5926

All those wasted hours of grinding just to make a MLP-Slinger?!? No serious ranger would ever dream of using such an abomination. Seems to fit your attitude perfectly then, so why did you ask in the first place? Desperately needed some validation of your choice of virtual empowerment?

Do whatever you want, it’s just a game. IF that conflicts with the “do whatever you want” of an/other player/s, adjust your own “do whatever you want” accordingly.

I hardly think your opinion of the bow is of any worth to this thread. Some of us actually like the skin…so try to keep your opinions of such matters to yourself unless asked ok?

All I was asking for was a build that can use SB. Not for you attack my choices. If you have no well meaning for a thread and nothing useful to say just don’t say anything at all.

No wonder no one takes the GW2 forum seriously…it’s full of useless trolls.

(edited by rabidsmiles.5926)

in Ranger

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

LOL ya don’t worry about that kind of attitude rabidsmiles. Just use the meta and switch the LB with a SB. You will lose a bit of burst, but its not like the meta use its LB that much (only at the start of the fight). You won’t have an optimal build, but you will still have decent dmg, dmg buff for the group and have fun. That’s what’s important.

My friend too is murdering stuff with unicorn, it’s always nice sight to see an unicorn pass next to my head when I don’t expect it in dungeon lol.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Ranger

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

I already reacted with some advice but let me state the most important things: create something you have fun with.

I hope your dreamer will be useful for you!

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I mostly run in PvE situations, dungeons and fractals and what not. Seems like the meta builds run with LB and SW/D/Axe but LB is so boring and has that knock back that all Rangers get lumped into using.

The longbow is there for one reason and one reason only: the rapid fire burst.

If you really wanna use the shortbow, that’s an option. It’s.. decent. You still got spotter for buffing your party and the damage is “ok”, granted you’re the only condi player in your party.

That being said, shortbow is the only ranger weapon without any usage in the pve meta, and there is a reason why..

in Ranger

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I hardly think your opinion of the bow is of any worth to this thread. Some of us actually like the skin…so try to keep your opinions of such matters to yourself unless asked ok?

All I was asking for was a build that can use SB. Not for you attack my choices. If you have no well meaning for a thread and nothing useful to say just don’t say anything at all.

But you did ask!?!

Clearly (as also stated by others in this thread) that bow (as a SB) is less than optimal for what you are planning. You are not open to persuasion and this is therefore nothing more than a validation thread rather than you seeking any serious advice. You have clearly made up your mind long before your OP in fact.

I’ll reiterate: “Do whatever you want, it’s just a game.” and add: don’t be so touchy, it’s JUST a game.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

But you did ask!?!

Clearly (as also stated by others in this thread) that bow (as a SB) is less than optimal for what you are planning. You are not open to persuasion and this is therefore nothing more than a validation thread rather than you seeking any serious advice. You have clearly made up your mind long before your OP in fact.

I’ll reiterate: “Do whatever you want, it’s just a game.” and add: don’t be so touchy, it’s JUST a game.

Yes its just a game, But there is also a reason why forum exist. duh.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: Fester.9328

Fester.9328

I’ve been using this in open world a lot lately, and the name rings true. it’s a lot of fun, and i have played around with it a bit, even swapped in a gs and dual axes.

http://intothemists.com/guides/1757-the_lazy_murderer_crossfire

Its a bit outdated, but like i said, play around with it and find what you like.

in Ranger

rabidsmiles.5926

But you did ask!?!

I was asking for a build. Do I already know that SB isn’t optimal over LB? Yes. Do I care? No. I was asking for a build for SB. So why would I want to be swayed towards using the meta when my OP obviously states that I don’t want to use it?

It has nothing to do with validation. I don’t need that from this community. I gave a reason for wanting to use SB, because I have Dreamer. It’s a pretty big reason for wanting to use a weapon type that goes against the grain of Meta…so I figured it was worth mentioning.

I don’t think you read my post?

I’ve been using this in open world a lot lately, and the name rings true. it’s a lot of fun, and i have played around with it a bit, even swapped in a gs and dual axes.

http://intothemists.com/guides/1757-the_lazy_murderer_crossfire

Its a bit outdated, but like i said, play around with it and find what you like.

Thank you for finally someone giving a build. It looks decent and I may have to try using parts of it

(edited by rabidsmiles.5926)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kouken.6395

Kouken.6395

I made the one legendary in the whole game I truly wanted to make and I’d like to give the other profession who can use it a better try. I am mostly on my thief to use it and I love murdering things with unicorns. However, I don’t see many builds using SB outside a few in PvP (and I don’t PvP much). I mostly run in PvE situations, dungeons and fractals and what not. Seems like the meta builds run with LB and SW/D/Axe but LB is so boring and has that knock back that all Rangers get lumped into using.

Are there any semi-viable builds that use SB as a secondary? I run dungeons and fractals with my guild, and I try to avoid the elite groups who only want the meta run. I don’t mind running spotter and frost spirit for the usual dungeon meta…I just would prefer to be able to use the expensive legendary I put all the time into. Would I get kicked out of PUG if I used the SB instead of the LB?

I don’t know ranger too much, I started one a while ago but it fell into alt/mule land and I’d like to try it again.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNUQNAV8XjMq0qaLLGsw1ag9gadAEwjO3MYE8tFncpSUB-TRSFABMq+DAPAgCuAAWpE8IlfNcEAQT3QQ7Pk2BBgUA+JNC-e

Iono if this is what you’re looking for OP, but…I just made a build. And yes. you would probably get kicked out of PUGs…but not my pug, unless they voted for you. As long as you know what you’re doing, and I get my dungeon gold in….go Axe/Axe ranger, if you have to. Don’t though. Especially against a single target. ANYWAY

Build is the whatever meta flavor that it is…6/5/0/3/0 blah blah all that berzerkers and cleric gear(i kid)

The armor…really depends on you. If the shortbow is being used for straight power damage, then just zerk..but conditions? i..chose rabid?

Hah. I’ve been doing this ranger schitck from day 1, and I’m still not very good so. yeah. I’m still learning, myself.