I miss BWE3 Druid

I miss BWE3 Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: zetherin.8372

zetherin.8372

When I played during BWE3, oh man was it fun. Could stack that AF extremely fast and use it when I needed, could heal with the best of them, and overall had more fun than I’d had in a long time.

Now AF seems to take forever to get up to where you can use it, it only lasts 15 seconds and it goes away the instant you’re out of combat. Personally, I hate the latter the most… Why should it behave like adrenaline when it was 100x more fun and practical when it behaved like the Necro’s Life Force.

With how long it takes to build up and a cooldown after you’re done, it feels so risky to use your astral form because if you need it again anytime in the near future, you’re SOL. Apparently it takes about 70 seconds of auto attacking with the shortbow to fill up the bar… which is just surprisingly ridiculous. That’s over a minute of dancing around and attacking before you can actually use the main feature of your spec for a fraction of that.

I thought there was a saying with this game that we weren’t supposed to end up spending a lot of time preparing to have fun, but we were supposed to spend a lot of time having fun – or something like that. Perhaps I’m wrong and that was a different game, I don’t remember, but it sure doesn’t apply to Druid in its current state.

You spend the vast majority of any find building up your astral form so you can use it for a fraction of the amount of time and while using it, several of the skills are next to useless because you can’t land them on allies that are running and dodging all over the place. So overall, you spend 75% of a fight preparing to use your AF and when you finally get to use it, it’s over before you’ve really made any sort of impact. Then it’s just back to building again.

Disclaimer: this rant pertains to a style of play that I enjoy most, which is healing… If you’re like me and you want to heal and support, and not be just another dps class, you’ll probably agree with this. Healing is my passion in games and it’s been missing from GW2 for too long. Now we finally have it and it was amazing at first, but now it’s just an after-image of its former glory.

I want BWE3 Druid back so I can have fun again on the Druid.

I miss BWE3 Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Look, ANet has become like all the other MMO companies out there.

This expansion proofs that Guild Wars is no longer about fun and choices, but about how to stretch content and gate stuff behind mindless grinds. Sounds familiar?

This happens, when passionated developers become businessmen. When the desire to create something awesome becomes the desire to create profit.

This expansion is not about fun, it is about making the most coin with the least amount of content possible.

Sorry, the BWE3 druid is not coming back, it was there to hype people to pre-order the expansion.

It worked, you spent your money.

I miss BWE3 Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Anet has been sacrificing fun for the sake of “balance” since launch, though. They were never trying to hide that, or maybe they just don’t know what fun is.

… I still want tengu.

I miss BWE3 Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Look, ANet has become like all the other MMO companies out there.

This expansion proofs that Guild Wars is no longer about fun and choices, but about how to stretch content and gate stuff behind mindless grinds. Sounds familiar?

This happens, when passionated developers become businessmen. When the desire to create something awesome becomes the desire to create profit.

This expansion is not about fun, it is about making the most coin with the least amount of content possible.

Sorry, the BWE3 druid is not coming back, it was there to hype people to pre-order the expansion.

It worked, you spent your money.

This. 1000 times.

Gone to Reddit.