I simply don't know what to do anymore.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

When I came to Guild Wars 2 I admit when I first say the ranger class, I thought hey a Hunter. I even assumed that was the play style. I had a hunter in World Of Warcraft. On the outside they look very alike. But lets face it, once you play a ranger, you know with out a doubt they have VERY little in common with the standard of Hunter from other games.

It took me a little while to understand this, and eventually began utilizing all of my utilities and even micromanaging my pets. For the longest time I ran a Berserker Build with SB/LB. Eventually that was nerfed, don’t get me wrong, the build is still viable just not as effective.
But after what seems like nerf after nerf I found a bunker build that was really effective. And now even that has been nerfed.

At this point I am not certain what I want to do. I was looking at the trait changes this morning theory crafting different builds. At one point I got up and grabbed a mountain dew(I love the dew!). When I sat back down I asked why am I still playing ranger… and the only answer I could come up with was my Commander Tag. I command frequently. And seeing as it took me months to save up to get that 1 tag, it will take me months to get it on another toon.

I guess I am asking ANET to convince me to keep playing Ranger. What do we have to look forward to when we have received a nerf almost every patch. What is your vision for the ranger class and and where do you want to end up.
As it stands Rangers don’t really have a place in the world of Tyria, I want to know how you plan to change that.

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in Ranger

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

you’re the only ranger commander i’ve seen.

All is vain.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

You’d think a commander would like traiting into vitality and boon duration and get perma swiftness to boot? By the way, we have thief and warrior commanders and they do just fine. Guardians are obviously the most balanced profession in the game but it’s not like a ranger can’t command in wvw. Ranger is one of a few classes that make both good frontliners and backliners…that’s kind of special, at least to me.

By the way, there are many ranger commanders. I’ve only seen one tornado in my life but thaf doesn’t mean there aren’t 1000 more out there cropping up. Just saying.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

I wonder what is Anet’s vision for the ranger. The first time I saw the ranger class on youtube back before the game was released, I was so happy and excited.

This must be my biggest disappointment in gaming history: believing in GW2’s ranger class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I wonder what is Anet’s vision for the ranger. The first time I saw the ranger class on youtube back before the game was released, I was so happy and excited.

This must be my biggest disappointment in gaming history: believing in GW2’s ranger class.

It’s pretty clear to me, based on the patches: Rangers are nasty condition bomb / point holding tanks in spvp, scouts/havoc squadders in wvw, duelists, and a good mix of damage/support/control in pve and dungeons.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

It’s pretty clear to me, based on the patches: Rangers are nasty condition bomb / point holding tanks in spvp, scouts/havoc squadders in wvw, duelists, and a good mix of damage/support/control in pve and dungeons.

That’s the thing though. 3 or 4 months ago, I thought I knew ANET’s vision for the class. Through a few nerfs I was wrong. Maybe your right, maybe, really though we don’t know. I would love a good developer blog on the direction they intend to take with rangers. Don’t leave us grasping at straws trying to figure out what they intend for a class.

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in Ranger

Posted by: Treehugga.2398

Treehugga.2398

I have to agree with OP. I played ranger because I really liked my hunter from WoW. I also have never seen a ranger commander! I was actually taken aback a few days ago when I saw my first engy commander. I own a commander hat, but that’s on my guardian.

I have to say that I will probably quit the game for a while. I hated my ranger main after getting to 80, and people kept posting for rangers to reroll…so I did. I rolled every class and played them until 80 and geared them up. I learned that engies, necros, and rangers needed love really badly. Anet brought us out of the grave with the pet buff update, then kitten the SB…and I get it…SB was probably what 95% of rangers have equipped and thus the class lacked variety. (In b4 some moron says ‘but I use this melee weapon set’ even though I left room in the statistic for your existence already)

But I feel like you guys could have made the change a lot more elegantly and given SB a bit more of a buff. Rangers getting hit by this nerf hammer kind of goes against your policy of ‘small buffs rather than nerfs’, so while this is a very sad day for rangers, I think this is a sadder day for Anet.

You guys have lost integrity in my eyes, and just cause we stopped complaining about our class didn’t mean we were happy with it. You did the equivalent of giving a dying child his dying wish, but you didn’t stop the kid from dying. You made the class bearable, and just cause we shut up after that doesn’t mean we were fixed.

in Ranger

Posted by: BlusterWolf.2103

BlusterWolf.2103

I choose to play a ranger because I like thakittens the only class that can use longbow and shortbow and I like pets in all mmos; longbow is mediocre since beginning, and now shortbow get hit again, yeah I said again, I will never forget 40 milliseconds. Now whats the point of playing this “Unparalleled archers”

Forty Milliseconds…rangers who remember…know…

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

I choose to play a ranger because I like thakittens the only class that can use longbow and shortbow and I like pets in all mmos; longbow is mediocre since beginning, and now shortbow get hit again, yeah I said again, I will never forget 40 milliseconds. Now whats the point of playing this “Unparalleled archers”

+1

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

My commander tag is probably the only reason I’ll keep playing ranger after this patch. I’m not normally one to look at patch notes and write it off without trying, but after reading this set Im just really, really disappointed. I don’t know what to say…

And another +1 to that unparalleled archers comment

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]