I thought Ranger was fine, then I switched...

in Ranger

Posted by: Chriogenosis.1764

Chriogenosis.1764

First off: this will probably be a long post and I am strictly talking PvE. I started ranger on day one of head start access. It was my only character for a very long time. I did all dungeons (minus Arah), personal story, and 100% map completion before I ever made another character. I check the forums daily and always thought it was so cute to watch the complainers whine about how broken the ranger class is. “They just don’t know what they are doing and want a free ride”, I would think to myself. I acknowledged that there are problems, pets being the majority of them (aggro issues, Sic’ Em bug, Lick Wounds bug, insta-death in AoE). I truly thought these complainers needed to learn to play. After all, I got through everything the PvE world had to offer in just under 400 hours of game play in about 5 months. I had been kicked from dungeon groups for being a ranger. Same with fractals. But I held to my thought that it was all because they didn’t know what they were doing. I ran a full Condition Damage trapper at first, but got bored and switched to full glass cannon. Since I knew the dungeons very well, I rarely died and so thought that I was doing great. Then I made a guardian, and power leveled it up to 80 quickly with crafting. Did the same with a Mesmer. I started to do my typical dungeons with them:

WHAT THE HECK ANET?!?!?!?!

Seriously. It took me switching (albeit to the classes some claim are super powered) to realize rangers are truly borked right now. I can bring so much more to ANY party makeup using other classes (engineer is still a bit lackluster and necros are kinda stuck with a condition build I know). It is not even a comparison. It was amazing to find out other classes had a core class mechanic that DID NOT GIMP THEM. I had just accepted my pet would fall to Subject Alpha in 3 micro-seconds, taking a lot of my damage with it. Now I realize other classes have amazing mechanics that actually help either themselves or the party or both. There is absolutely NOTHING a ranger can bring to a party that is not stomped into the dirt by multiple other classes. Healing Spring is about the only truly exceptional skill that parties love, but it is by no means on the same level as others. Why take a huge water field when your guardian or elementalist can protect you from the damage that the spring would heal anyway? So after this revelation I began to actually read other professions skills and traits. WOW, what is going on? Traps in Precision and Crit. Damage tree? And also full of traits that buff your pet (who is most likely dead). 30 in Marksmanship so our signets affect us as well as your pet (who is most likely dead)? It was like a had the air knocked out of me.

Like I stated before, this is all about PvE. Dungeons are what I do 95% of the time. PvP or WvW are completely separate animals and I am not discussing that. So I apologize to any rangers whom I had condescending thoughts about while reading these forums. This class needs to be buffed drastically IMMEDIATELY. There are many who will tell me to learn to play. I tell you to try out another class, because you obviously have not. Nobody who has played other classes will be able to say rangers are not borked without lying through their teeth. The abundance of GW2LFG groups with “no rangers” in the title is a very good indicator of things. So as of now, my entire account has 520 hours played. 480 is on my ranger. And I have been able to accomplish more on my 2 other characters in the 40 hours split between them than the 480 on my ranger (except world exploration, that is nothing but a huge time sink). And so my first character that I have spent a lot of gold on to get fully geared with several armor sets and exotics of every weapon will be shelved until they fix this abomination of a class. I have never posted on a forum for any game I have played, but this is absolutely unacceptable. I apologize for the length of my post, thank you for reading and I will see you in game (but not on my ranger).

TL;DR: Ranger is thoroughly broken, I realized this after playing other classes. I urge you to do the same.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

That was my experience as well.

The thing that really struck me was just how much incidental support mesmer and especially guardian provide. You just have all these random bonuses scattered around through skills and traits.

Ranger has the same ‘incidentals’ but unfortunately they all affect our pet instead.

Edit: Figure an example might be good.

Empowering Might (Guardian) – 5 seconds of might to allies on crit

Companions Might (Ranger) – 1 second of might to our pet on crit

These aren’t even in the same zip code for usefulness.

(edited by Unspecified.9142)

in Ranger

Posted by: dodgerrule.8739

dodgerrule.8739

When people group with rangers they think they just plain suck, however I can out live almost anyone I play with and deal more damage. The only good builds in Guild Wars 2 are the ones you make yourself.

Dodger Rule

Dodger Rule Ranger – Fort Aspenwood

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

When people group with rangers they think they just plain suck, however I can out live almost anyone I play with and deal more damage. The only good builds in Guild Wars 2 are the ones you make yourself.

Dodger Rule

What other professions have you played?

in Ranger

dodgerrule.8739

Engineer and necromancer. Idk bout you but i played guild wars 1. The ranger here is less but more. With my trait system here i can change between throwable traps and dps/tank build in an instance. Only a fool wouldn’t think to switch out his trait slot skills.

Dodger Rule

(edited by dodgerrule.8739)

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

T

Ranger has the same ‘incidentals’ but unfortunately they all affect our pet instead.

And the pet is already dead after 2 sec in battle or from AoE on the way to the target!

Honestly, Anet, did you guys make ranger pet just to be on passive mode in dungeons?

in Ranger

dodgerrule.8739

T

And the pet is already dead after 2 sec in battle or from AoE on the way to the target!

Honestly, Anet, did you guys make ranger pet just to be on passive mode in dungeons?

I use my pet and it usually never dies if it does i simply exchange it for the other. Pick good skills extend beast mastery and you will have a god pet. It is always sad to see someone who cannot master their pet, but if you take the time to learn it anything is possible with them.

in Ranger

Chriogenosis.1764

I use my pet and it usually never dies if it does i simply exchange it for the other. Pick good skills extend beast mastery and you will have a god pet. It is always sad to see someone who cannot master their pet, but if you take the time to learn it anything is possible with them.[/quote]

I am sorry, this is absolutely not true. First off, a dead pet=60 second swap. 48 if traited, which I dont waste points in BM for dungeons. And I assure you, myself and others can control our pet just fine with the limited controls we have available to us. As for “anything being possible”: lol. Go do Crucible of Eternity or Fractals 10+ and see if that changes oyur mind. Because it IS NOT POSSIBLE for pets to survive there. Alpha specifically targets pets with rings, and he uses his attack chain every 5 seconds or so. Your pet swap wont begin to keep up. And they cant run back to you fast enough to get out of the ring. And fractals, pets have no agony resist. So they get melted in seconds. Most fractals have enough AoE they simply cannot survive, add to that the FACT pets cannot mitigate the agony, and you have a dead pet 10 times out of 10. Even keeping oyur pets on passive 100% of the time (which is what I do to get the quickness on swap) is not foolproof. And your opinion is also far outvoiced by the droves of ranger players who say the same thing I do: pets cannot surive in dungeons, therefore ranger is a very undesireable class. Hence the whole reason for my post. I appreciate all of the feedback I am getting though. Good to know I am not alone in the revelation of a class switch.

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

I have a mesmer and even with defensive rings and accesories and a condition armor (which i need to change cuz im not a condition mesmer lol) i do more damage with the auto attack than my ranger can do and lets not even start with the phantasm and other abilities. Utilities are so useful in wvw and bring so much to a party or wvw battle. Guardian wow, i am 72 with my guard and is amazing, i can take almost anything and not die, lot of utilities boons. I created a warrior for spvp and did 10 times better than with my ranger, lot of damage, way more. Rangers lol?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Engineer and necromancer. Idk bout you but i played guild wars 1. The ranger here is less but more. With my trait system here i can change between throwable traps and dps/tank build in an instance. Only a fool wouldn’t think to switch out his trait slot skills.

Dodger Rule

Poor naive casual. Ranger is less but not more than gw1. GW1 rangers could actually profit from ranged and could run multiple builds where as gw2 ranger is not only reliant on a super squishy pet for 50% of its damage but pigeon holed into 1-2 builds. You say you survive better and kill better than anyone, I call your bluff. Im playing a engineer atm because ranger sucks, his name is raizel di cadus, if you want to duel we can, Im betting I survive better and kill better than any ranger build you have. SImply because rangers suck atm compared to other classes.

As to the OP, Yea Im the same way, alot of people who cry tho do need to learn to play, but Ive played pvp and pve with nearly every non caster and ranger falls wayyyyyyy short. Other classes have synergy with their traits but ranger doesnt. No other class (except minion necro…maybe) has 50% of their damage so easily killed as a ranger does. When I first started playing I thought it was purely a L2p issue, then I swapped classes and found out just how weak ranger is compared to ANY other class. Its sad, and Im over it. Come on ESO, release so I can enjoy a game with a real archer in it.

in Ranger

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

Dodger Rule

Why do you always say your name after your message?

in Ranger

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

Ranger melee pets are dead in 2 nano seconds I agree, and keeping the ranged pets alive is still a chore, but it’s possible. I do agree that Rangers need help in a lot of categories, however in dungeons, since our main builds rely on conditions, we are in a bit of a hard place.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hillaan.6904

Hillaan.6904

T

I use my pet and it usually never dies if it does i simply exchange it for the other. Pick good skills extend beast mastery and you will have a god pet. It is always sad to see someone who cannot master their pet, but if you take the time to learn it anything is possible with them.

Sorry have to call BS on this one. Your pet never dies? maybe on passive

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

stuff…

Yea, I’m in the same boat with you. I’ve played a ranger since beta and while I still think a lot of ranger QQ comes from people not knowing how to manage their pets effectively, the profession is in a very weak spot in terms of PvE dungeons.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dodger Rule

Why do you always say your name after your message?

Because dodger rules.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

stuff…

Yea, I’m in the same boat with you. I’ve played a ranger since beta and while I still think a lot of ranger QQ comes from people not knowing how to manage their pets effectively, the profession is in a very weak spot in terms of PvE dungeons.

Agreed, alot of bads play a class and think they are good, then when they fail at it the class is automatically bad. But Im not bad, and I know many fantastic rangers who share my opinion. Unless you are traps, ranger isnt really viable.

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

T

This is excactly what’s wrong / broken with the ranger profession! No other profession is forced to use points in certain traits just to make a part of their profession to work properly!

Yes, sure we can all keep the pet alive by being BM and trait to make pet happy. And give all your attention to pet. How many viable, different builds can you than have?

With ranger traits and skills and pet, it just feels like you have to make that one build that sucks least. With other professions it’s a quest for making a better and new build.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

T

This is excactly what’s wrong / broken with the ranger profession! No other profession is forced to use points in certain traits just to make a part of their profession to work properly!

Yes, sure we can all keep the pet alive by being BM and trait to make pet happy. And give all your attention to pet. How many viable, different builds can you than have?

With ranger traits and skills and pet, it just feels like you have to make that one build that sucks least. With other professions it’s a quest for making a better and new build.

My point exactly, I wish anet would do a Dev for a day competition where one player gets to become a dev and make changes based on how he sees fit. Id do everything in my power to win because the changes Id make for this class would be sooo simple and make us infinitely better. Starting with not forcing us to have pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

Poor naive casual.

Dante likes to throw these three words around quite often, doesn’t he? :P

In other news, I think there are plenty of problems with the Ranger profession, but hardly enough to make them incapable of being useful in a group. Plenty of condition removal/heals through Healing Spring, Moa buffs, Pet Condition debuffs, and some nice crowd control via traps and melee weapons seems well enough.

My only issues with the profession is the fact that Warriors and Thieves do more damage with their bows than a Ranger. I’m pretty sure Kill Shot quadruples the highest amount a Ranger Longbow can do, especially when Warrior Rifle can pierce.

EDIT: I should add pets need some sort of re-evaluation as well. High resistance to AoE or higher HP pools and Defense is a must for some of these dungeon encounters.

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

+1 my experience has been similar. I do have to say that the ranger is probably my fav duelist who can ouput the most single target condition dps, way more than a necro. The ranger is definitely very strong in spvp and skirmishes.

In dungeons im the last one standing but thats about it. In wvw ranger doesnt belong in larger engagements and brings pathetic burst.

So subpar in pve, mediocre in wvw and bauss in spvp.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

T

Sorry have to call BS on this one. Your pet never dies? maybe on passive

He probably means farming in Orr or something. Most people who talk like him play 1 hr a week and really do not understand mechanics of game. They roll another class and play to lvl10 and think OMG this class is not as good as my lvl80 ranger so Rangers are best ever.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

Almost exactly the same here. Ranger from Headstart. I’ve disagreed with a some of the QQ, but I can see the problems many are complaining about. Then I made a Necro. Played them about 75/25 split in favour of Ranger because, while fun, the Necro felt a lot weaker. Elementalist was next. She’s lvl 46 or something now, but most of that came from crafting. Then, at the end of January, I made a Guardian. I still play my Ranger for a few hours each week, but that’s only for map completion and Dragons, or if I need more Ori/Ancient Wood than what my Guardian can gather. The Guardian just brings so much more to the table it isn’t worth comparing.

Oh, I’ve done all dungeons except CoE and Arah on my Ranger. Some are worse than others for pets, but we can change our pet whenever the situation calls for it. I’ve never found the need to use a Bear precisely because melee isn’t always the best option and we have plenty of ranged options to choose from. I’m not going to say that my pets never die, because that’s simply an outright lie, but choosing the right pet for the right situation makes a big difference.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

(edited by Sokar Rostau.7316)

in Ranger

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

stuff…

Agreed, alot of bads play a class and think they are good, then when they fail at it the class is automatically bad. But Im not bad, and I know many fantastic rangers who share my opinion. Unless you are traps, ranger isnt really viable.

So true I have 80 of ever class but a necro and it amases how anyone can play a Warrior/guardian/mesmer/ele and then post on Eng/Necro/Ranger forums and tell everyone else how Ranger are just as good as others. In Open World PvE sure, hence why 90% of bots run rangers, but in other areas another class is better.

in Ranger

Posted by: rickshaw.5279

rickshaw.5279

I can out live almost anyone I play with and deal more damage.

That’s because your DPS sucks so bad you’re not pulling aggro. Your ranged DPS can’t even out damage a ranged Rogue let alone a ranged Warrior.

Ignorance truly is bliss.

= )

Edit:

You might be able to out DPS n Engi. Especially a pistol/pistol engi. I’m guessing that’s who you’re grouping with so much to be out DPS’ing and surviving your party all the time.

It’s the only explanation. Because mathematically, your class is ****-ed.

(edited by rickshaw.5279)

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Ranger takes more skill than any other class to master. Rangers do well in 1 vs 1. So its not all about big numbers.

Besides my ranger I have a Mesmer and I can’t stand the class. Maybe its becuase in GW1 they were nothing but a greif class.

I have a Thief the concept of hit and running is to kitten like. I mean I like the I deal of assinating targets but the whole jump in and out of stealth is kind of lame.

Guardian is so boring heavy armor with alot of heals (take the training wheels off).

Ele= everyone running d/d the whole it and run thing in another form. Too squishy other wise. Great damage other wise but really need party members to distract the mobs for you.

Warrior is my second favor. Only Level 10,but i dont enjoy tanking so dont think I will enjoy him in dungeons.

The ranger for me is hands down the best for Pve. ranger have a steep learning curve yes there are some issue.

If you want to stomp stuff with no skill choose the other classes. To play a good ranger it takes skill and cunnning. For most of the issue you are having there is a video of a ranger showing its not the class its the player.

Ranger are a limited as you make them. And keeping you pet on passive is not you learn the class. Use the f1 key to send your pet in if you want it to tank. guard can be use to stealth your pet so the mob changes target. Use F3 to call you pet if swap is on cd and a big attack is coming. SOS is also good better if you are traited to share signet effects.

If you want easy mode dont run a ranger.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

As i said this before, rangers were made in under 24 hours while all other classes were balanced and refined in months… I only run my ranger in spvp (traps,,,,,,what else…) when i’m tired of exploding people on mez. Ranger isn’t broken, but the most broken class i have tried in any rpg across the years and the best part is that other than nerf anet did NOTHING IN SIX months.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

I am done waiting and complaining about ranger. I sucked it up all dry already. So far I still managed to win most of 1 v 1 (emphasis on 1 v 1, not 1 v 2 or more opponents) fight during my random encounter in WvW eventhough its not as smooth as it used to be due to emphatic bond nerf.

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in Ranger

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

Balance varies drastically depending on what part of the content you play, i.e. leveling, dungeons, s/tPvP and WvW. It’s really good in s/tPvP and WvW, manageable when leveling due to the generally low level of difficulty, but very poor when it comes to dungeons.

The difference in impact on team performance between my Engineer/Necro/Ranger on one end of the scale and my Guardian/Warrior on the other is just completely absurd, my staff Ele ranks somewhere in between, depending on how well the group will utilize combo fields.

The good news is, dungeons aren’t great in this game to start with. So if that sort of content is your sole interest, you’ll probably want to look at other MMOs anyway.

in Ranger

Posted by: Malin.2490

Malin.2490

I love my ranger. Nobody better for farming PVE. Buuut… dungeons are a bother, and WvW pretty much only had guard going for me. So right now my ranger pretty much is relegated to farming Orr or Karkas.

Also, yesterday I took my lvl 40 mesmer into WvW for the first time, and while she is in no way levelled or equipped for it, she felt very, very useful.

I think for me, one of the most frustrating things are the trait lines for the ranger. Not only are they confusing and messed up, they are also weaker as individual traits. We get like 20% shorter recharge period. A lot of other classes get that + something else in the same trait.

Jamail Saoud [Nice], the man with the Drake

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

I love my ranger. Nobody better for farming PVE. Buuut… dungeons are a bother, and WvW pretty much only had guard going for me. So right now my ranger pretty much is relegated to farming Orr or Karkas.

Also, yesterday I took my lvl 40 mesmer into WvW for the first time, and while she is in no way levelled or equipped for it, she felt very, very useful.

I think for me, one of the most frustrating things are the trait lines for the ranger. Not only are they confusing and messed up, they are also weaker as individual traits. We get like 20% shorter recharge period. A lot of other classes get that + something else in the same trait.

Agree 100%
I was amazed at how counter intuitive the traits/skills are distributed. I don’t think if you tried could you make it any worse. It’s quite a reality check when you play around with some builds of other classes and find the skills match the build

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Chriogenosis.1764

It is astounding how many fanboys are on this thread/forum. Ranger is broken for anything but traps in PvP or general open world PvE. Dungeons=broken. WvW=broken. Fractals=broken. I am glad there are some who still enjoy their rangers, but like someone else said, they must play about 1 hour a week farming Orr. But please keep trying to defend this broken class, I am getting a good laugh out of reading your garbage. I am truly sick of people telling me “dude control your pet”. I always have the same response. “I CANT”. That is unnacceptable. I dont care how fast you are on the pet switch/recall button, you cant save your pet from some boss AoE or from zergs in WvW. It isnt possible. To heck with all of you hopeless, clueless fanboys. I will be out playing a useful class.

in Ranger

Chriogenosis.1764

Ranger takes more skill than any other class to master. Rangers do well in 1 vs 1. So its not all about big numbers.

Besides my ranger I have a Mesmer and I can’t stand the class. Maybe its becuase in GW1 they were nothing but a greif class.

I have a Thief the concept of hit and running is to kitten like. I mean I like the I deal of assinating targets but the whole jump in and out of stealth is kind of lame.

Guardian is so boring heavy armor with alot of heals (take the training wheels off).

Ele= everyone running d/d the whole it and run thing in another form. Too squishy other wise. Great damage other wise but really need party members to distract the mobs for you.

Warrior is my second favor. Only Level 10,but i dont enjoy tanking so dont think I will enjoy him in dungeons.

The ranger for me is hands down the best for Pve. ranger have a steep learning curve yes there are some issue.

If you want to stomp stuff with no skill choose the other classes. To play a good ranger it takes skill and cunnning. For most of the issue you are having there is a video of a ranger showing its not the class its the player.

Ranger are a limited as you make them. And keeping you pet on passive is not you learn the class. Use the f1 key to send your pet in if you want it to tank. guard can be use to stealth your pet so the mob changes target. Use F3 to call you pet if swap is on cd and a big attack is coming. SOS is also good better if you are traited to share signet effects.

If you want easy mode dont run a ranger.

This is so wrong. Rangers require more skill than any other class to not be useless. Useful? Sorry. Rangers will never be more useful than any other class. I could give dozens of examples, but I did that in the first post, and countless others have done it across the ranger forums. If any of you still truly think like this, I suggest you go to the wiki and read other class skills/traits. You will see the light

in Ranger

Posted by: Linkisdead.9647

Linkisdead.9647

It’s PvE, cry about it. In PvE you just have to stay alive and kill things, which rangers can do just fine. I’ve never had a problem being a major contributor in PvE. You have the best water field in the game, all sorts of traps, pets utility skills, and multiple viable pve builds. If you aren’t contributing then you need to be more creative.

If you’re having fun and a contributing member of the group, who cares if another class is better or not? You’re not competing against others in pve.

Sig
[sYn] Borlis Pass

in Ranger

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

It’s PvE, cry about it. In PvE you just have to stay alive and kill things, which rangers can do just fine. I’ve never had a problem being a major contributor in PvE. You have the best water field in the game, all sorts of traps, pets utility skills, and multiple viable pve builds. If you aren’t contributing then you need to be more creative.

If you’re having fun and a contributing member of the group, who cares if another class is better or not? You’re not competing against others in pve.

You’re not only when waiting for a good group comp is not worth the time and bother.

That changes the harder the pve gets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Linkisdead.9647

Linkisdead.9647

I’m not quite understanding what you just said, sorry.

If you’re complaining about rangers being purposely excluded from groups, I agree that’s ridiculous.

We could definitely use a buff to get the stigma off, but honestly we need better rangers as well.

I know the conversation is pve fight now, but for instance in wvw I see power rangers trying to 1v1 me by using the LB aoe. I tend to stand right in it and cut them down.

If we play smart with our pets they won’t be a liability in dungeons, we won’t be hated on as much in pve.

If we played more to our strengths in wvw we wouldn’t be laughed at.

Its a strange class, tbh. Some of the best players I’ve seen were rangers, and some of the most awful players were rangers too. We may be a weaker class but played right it can be very effective.

Sig
[sYn] Borlis Pass

in Ranger

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

Nah, its just that a bad player playing any other class still gets away with it. A bad ranger playing bad is quick to notice, because pets are always dead, when they’re alive and not micro’ed F up the aggro (and even if on passive sometimes, as we can’t perma-stow), and most they do is stand there and autoattack at max range, while doing half the damage of anyone else and not bringing utility.

Due to that, and most people being bad (of any class, really), a good ranger who actually TRIES is easy to spot and a welcoming sight.

Problem is the same player, putting the same effort in another class would probably be twice as effective…

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I should videotape myself pwning Subject Alpha while keeping my pets alive the whole time. I think you just need practice.

(Dungeon Master on ranger here, over 1200 CoE tokens, duel inquest axes, and the medium CoE armor which just looks snazzy on Faelwan)

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Chriogenosis.1764

I should videotape myself pwning Subject Alpha while keeping my pets alive the whole time. I think you just need practice.

(Dungeon Master on ranger here, over 1200 CoE tokens, duel inquest axes, and the medium CoE armor which just looks snazzy on Faelwan)

Please do. I would love to see this. And then myself and any other ranger will point out how either your damage is laughable because oyu have traited so heavily to simply protect your pet, or the pet is always on passive and therefore your damage is again laughable. Or maybe you have so much in healing/protection abilities and gear that you can survive whatever Alpha throws at you. Which would make your damage again laughable. In this dungeon, ANYBODY can survive Alpha by just learning when to dodge and having party members break crystals. Pets cannot and so are obliterated.

I will say this though, I do love the look of the axes and armor from this dungeon, so I have to agree with you there.